Cam Cameron to Dolphins?

Peter

Isn't Cameron the one who called LTs number only a few times in the second half of the Chargers loss to the Pats? Rocket scientist he's not.

I think, and can certainly be wrong, he was the OC in DC during the Norvel years. Never has impressed me a whole bunch, but to be honest, do not know a lot about him

I've got some info on Cam. My sister went to Indiana when he was the head coach there. According to her, we should all be cheering right now. Apparently this guy is a nightmare. In fact, the whole Randle El-playing-WR-in-the-pros-but-playing-QB-in-college-and-isn't-that-cool Steelers mantra has nothing to do with Bill Cowher. Rather, Randle El is a natural WR - she knows this because they were friends at school.(Don't bother with the wiseass stuff because I met this guy personally and he is a solid individual)

Apparently Cam switched him to QB because he couldn't recruit any actual D1 quality QBs. No one wanted to play for him. So the whole thing came out of necessity, rather than some stroke of genius. She can go on and on about this guy - :thumbsup: - so suffice it to say that we should all be happy that he is at Miami. +2 in the win column next year!

Also, he was in fact the guy calling the plays for the Chargers last weekend. HAHAHAHAHA - great job keeping the league MVP on the sidelines, there Cam.

Here's to Miami - 2-14 in 2007!

I've got some info on Cam. My sister went to Indiana when he was the head coach there. According to her, we should all be cheering right now. Apparently this guy is a nightmare. In fact, the whole Randle El-playing-WR-in-the-pros-but-playing-QB-in-college-and-isn't-that-cool Steelers mantra has nothing to do with Bill Cowher. Rather, Randle El is a natural WR - she knows this because they were friends at school.(Don't bother with the wiseass stuff because I met this guy personally and he is a solid individual)

Apparently Cam switched him to QB because he couldn't recruit any actual D1 quality QBs. No one wanted to play for him. So the whole thing came out of necessity, rather than some stroke of genius. She can go on and on about this guy - :) - so suffice it to say that we should all be happy that he is at Miami. +2 in the win column next year!

Also, he was in fact the guy calling the plays for the Chargers last weekend. HAHAHAHAHA - great job keeping the league MVP on the sidelines, there Cam.

Here's to Miami - 2-14 in 2007!

No trying to bash your sister but I remember Randle El being quite a good college QB. In fact according to Wikipedia:

Randle El was a quarterback at Indiana University, where he was considered one of the premier offensive threats in the Big Ten Conference and received some consideration for the Heisman Trophy (coming in 6th in Heisman voting) during his senior season. Randle El was the first player in Division I history to pass for 40 career touchdowns and score 40 career touchdowns. He was the Big Ten Player of the Year in 2001, and was named the first-team All-American quarterback by the Football Writers Association of America. He finished his college career as the fifth on the all-time NCAA total yardage list, and became the first player in college football history to record 2,500 total yards for four consecutive years. He finished his career with 7,469 passing yards, 3,895 rushing yards, and 86 touchdowns running and passing. He is considered to be the second most statistically productive dual-threat quarterback to ever play college football.

That's not too bad considering the lack of talent that the Indiana football team has had. :thumbsup:

That said, Cameron's coaching record was 18-37. So unless, the Fins somehow get the best rb, fullback, and te in the NFL, 2 pro bowl linemen and QB, I'm not too worried about Miami. :devil:

Boomer Eisiason does a weekly 10-minute spot on a D.C. radio show each Friday. He said yesterday that Marino still has a good deal of influence on the stinkin' fish's moves. I think it is interesting that an old QB with no front office experience would be hired one year as the GM, or whatever his title was, and then still be given pull after he walked away from the job three minutes after being hired.

Anyone here think Ralph would hire Jimbo as our GM if he applied? Anyone thing Jimbo was consulted when the team hired Jauron? Not me.

Bottom-line is that I am thankful for the stinkin' fish's owner.

Went to school in Indiana. Cameron going to Miami is great news. Not that Indiana University is some kind of football powerhouse by any means, but he pretty much ran the program in to the ground like it had the death penalty. The Hoosiers had a guy named Bill Mallory who took Indiana to 6 bowl games in the previous ten years when Cameron took over. Mallory was Indiana's legend coach, although he had an overall losing record. Cameron then lead the Hoosiers to a 18-37 record and then he left. His recruits, other than a couple were god awful as Indiana ended up with the kind of talent of a middle of the road MAC team. Their attendance REALLY suffered, and Cameron was gone. It was one of the most dismal era's of any football coach there. I loved it, because I hated IU. The program, in some ways, still hasn't recovered.

I don't much about him in the NFL, except for the fact that he called horrible games in Buffalo and last week in the AFC Divisional games. SD was in complete control of the Bills and should have been playing Marty ball, but instead got cute and almost blew it to us in the 3rd quarter. And LT should have touched the ball 35 plus times last week, including 5-7 catches coming from the passing game.

This hiring should prove to be great news for all Bills fans.

Story

He was also an assistant to Bo Schembechler at the University of Michigan and of course, worked under Marty Schottenheimer the past five seasons.

Wow...Bo and Marty. It should be quite entertaining if the Fish ever manage to get into the playoffs.

Has anyone heard if Mularky was let go from the Dolphins ? Since Cam Cameron is an offensive guy what does he do with MM ?

From what I have been reading....Mularkey will be sent packing after the new offense has been installed.

Rumors have been circulating that current QB coach Jason Garrett might be the new OC in Miami but that Cam will be doing the playcalling on game day.

Garrett recently declined an offer by Nick Saban to become his new OC in Alabama.

Keep in mind, this is what I have been reading.....not published reports.

From what I have been reading....Mularkey will be sent packing after the new offense has been installed.

Rumors have been circulating that current QB coach Jason Garrett might be the new OC in Miami but that Cam will be doing the playcalling on game day.

Garrett recently declined an offer by Nick Saban to become his new OC in Alabama.

Keep in mind, this is what I have been reading.....not published reports.

Why have an OC if Cam Cameron will make the playcalls on Sunday ?