Willis Responds

like i said get off the guys nutz, he's a good coachable young back and he deserves credit for working his way back from one of the worst knee injuries in college football history.

McGahee's agent released this response from his client on the article:

"It has been brought to my attention that through an article I did with Penthouse magazine, fans and readers may have misinterpreted my response when asked about the possibility of the NFL one day coming to Toronto.

"I want to make it clear today as I have been committed to the Bills for the last four years that my heart is with the Bills and the city of Buffalo. If the league decided to expand my intent was that Toronto is a beautiful place to do so. I never would suggest the Buffalo Bills move to Toronto. My words were taken out of context and I suggested they get a team with a loyal fan base and organization such as the Buffalo Bills. My family and I have made our home here and enjoy the hospitality of the city. I am a proud member of the Buffalo Bills, we have the most loyal, supportive and dedicated fans in the world, and I cannot think of a better organization to be a part of."

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL........trust me NONE of those words come from McGahee! Those words are from his agent and his agent only!

Damage control is what one friend of mine calls it......

after seeing how his own words got him into trouble over nothing, i'd have my publicist write the clarification too. players should play, and publicists should write PC replies.

I honestly think this is a bigger slap in the face then Willis' interview. Now its just about saving face. We all know he doesn't want to be here and thats fine I can understand that. But dont insult the intelligence of the organization as well as the city and fans. We all know Buffalo is not the greatest place to live but its our hometown and if you dont want to be here because you cant act like an !@#$ like you can in South beach, then Willis dont let the door hit you in the ass my friend. Skanks for the memories.

like i said get off the guys nutz, he's a good coachable young back and he deserves credit for working his way back from one of the worst knee injuries in college football history.

"It has been brought to my attention that through an article I did with Penthouse magazine, fans and readers may have misinterpreted my response when asked about the possibility of the NFL one day coming to Toronto.

"I want to make it clear today as I have been committed to the Bills for the last four years that my heart is with the Bills and the city of Buffalo. If the league decided to expand my intent was that Toronto is a beautiful place to do so. I never would suggest the Buffalo Bills move to Toronto. My words were taken out of context and I suggested they get a team with a loyal fan base and organization such as the Buffalo Bills. My family and I have made our home here and enjoy the hospitality of the city. I am a proud member of the Buffalo Bills, we have the most loyal, supportive and dedicated fans in the world, and I cannot think of a better organization to be a part of."

It's time we stop giving him credit for coming back from the knee injury. OK, he did it. Athletes and people in all walks of life do it. It's time he became known for his play on the field. His determination and success. His good attitude and good behavior. He's bottomed out here in Buffalo (in the public eye). The only way is up.

The statement is perfectly consistent with the quote that many on this board choose to ignore because it does not fit into their preconceived bias:

"I got a lotta love for Buffalo," he said. "I thank God for the whole situation. I'm trying to make them proud. I'm trying to do some things here."

Like this would be any different if another player made this kind of apology....other people write stuff like this for players all the time

no they dont. other players are sincere in their apologies. willis obviously wasnt, and only his publicist wrote this. he doesnt mean it. :bag:

LOL, They forgot "the following announcement has been approved by Willis Magahee"

The statement is perfectly consistent with the quote that many on this board choose to ignore because it does not fit into their preconceived bias:

Exactly , the statement barely varied from what he said in the original, now infamous article (which people chose to ignore 2/3 of).

Please tell me you aren't dumb enough to know that this came 100% from his agent, and what his agent told him he'd write for him.

Aside from not being able to put together a complete sentence, there's no way Willis could complete any thought like this.

He's a moron and average running back, period.