WMG: here comes damage control

why is it that when willis says something bad, his exact words are taken out of context as gospel, but when he says something positive, "theres no way willis could have said that", and he's lying?

Methinks the problem lies with the fans and not with willis.

why is it that when willis says something bad, his exact words are taken out of context as gospel, but when he says something positive, "theres no way willis could have said that", and he's lying?

Methinks the problem lies with the fans and not with willis.

Usually when you're quoted in a magazine, it's your words saying what you meant or you come right out disputing it.

Usually when a press statement is released, it's damage control and it's not words you said. It may be close to what Willis means. But there likely is no way he could have said that. Almost all press statements are official and meant to massage public opinion.

If you can't buy that, in the tense financial situation painted by the Bills and in a town that is always feeling vulnerable, its star RB mouthing off about moving to another city seems like a bad thing to most people -- well, I'm lost. But if he really wants to make amends and play his best for the Bills, I don't really care as long as it's not a distraction on the field or in the locker room next season.

These things are always written by the star's "people" and the artificality is obvious. Since Willis in person has trouble completing a grammatical sentence, the fakeness of this one just screams at you.

Yeah, yeah, damage control, but why even bother with a press release? Who knows if Willis has ever even seen it?

These things are always written by the star's "people" and the artificality is obvious. Since Willis in person has trouble completing a grammatical sentence, the fakeness of this one just screams at you.

Yeah, yeah, damage control, but why even bother with a press release? Who knows if Willis has ever even seen it?

I read that thinking that Drew Rosenhaus perused the draft and said, "Looks good, but we need a least one grammatical error. End that last sentence with a preposition."

I honestly think this is a bigger slap in the face then Willis' interview. Now its just about saving face. We all know he doesn't want to be here and thats fine I can understand that. But dont insult the intelligence of the organization as well as the city and fans. We all know Buffalo is not the greatest place to live but its our hometown and if you dont want to be here because you cant act like an !@#$ like you can in South beach, then Willis dont let the door hit you in the ass my friend. Skanks for the memories.

Usually when you're quoted in a magazine, it's your words saying what you meant or you come right out disputing it.

Usually when a press statement is released, it's damage control and it's not words you said. It may be close to what Willis means. But there likely is no way he could have said that. Almost all press statements are official and meant to massage public opinion.

If you can't buy that, in the tense financial situation painted by the Bills and in a town that is always feeling vulnerable, its star RB mouthing off about moving to another city seems like a bad thing to most people -- well, I'm lost. But if he really wants to make amends and play his best for the Bills, I don't really care as long as it's not a distraction on the field or in the locker room next season.

yeah, because no one has every been misquoted or had their comments taken out of context by the media. If you actually read his comments it doesn't even seem like the magasine took it out of context, the fans did when they saw the parts that said Buffalo should play in Toronto. Everyone jumped to the conclusion he hates Buffalo and wants out, and that he thinks Buffalo should be moved cause he has nothing to do, when in fact all he said was if the NFL moves a team to Toronto, Buffalo would be a good choice to put there because it is so close to its original location and would put the team in a bigger market where it could last.

I will agree about the press release probably writen by Drew because all of them usual are written by a publicist or agent, it doesn't mean its not his true feelings. Press releases are used as ways to try and keep situations from getting out of hand like this has.

Would people have jumped to this conclusion if Lee Evans, or Brian Moorman, or Jason Peters said it? No because people want to find everything they can to make Willis into a horrible monster who hates the team and just wants out.

I have stuck up for Willis on this particular issue as hard as anyone, and I do think that he wasn't saying one thing bad about Buffalo in the snippet of the article that anyone here has seen. As far as I know, no one has actually seen the article, the question that was asked, and what else Willis said, other than he thanks God for the situation he was put in in Buffalo.

THAT said, this public statement from my client is a bigger slap in the face to the fans than what he said in the article. It doesn't sound like it came from Willis one bit, even if you disregard the grammatically correct, complete sentences. It sounds totally fabricated and hollow, when Willis is totally free wheelin' and spontaneous. Rosenhaus is not doing his job with this one, and Willis probably shouldn't have let out that statement the way it was. THAT, my friends, was embarrassing. Not what he said before.

Give this story a rest already. It's really pathetic to watch people obsess over this comment taken out of context. People need to get a life and move on to something that is really important, like your family, God, Country, homelessness, drugs, Iraq war, terrorism. There are many topics to really get worked up about, this isn't one of them.

Give this story a rest already. It's really pathetic to watch people obsess over this comment taken out of context. People need to get a life and move on to something that is really important, like your family, God, Country, homelessness, drugs, Iraq war, terrorism. There are many topics to really get worked up about, this isn't one of them.

My friend, you spend your whole life remembering and forgetting the important things and substituting the by-comparison-trivial for enjoyment.

Do we all need some perspective? Sure, I'd be the first person to admit this. I just spent three weeks in a place with 1/3 of the world's software engineers and 1/4 of its undernourished, and had heavy exposure to both sides. However, one of the more fun things to get over 25 hours of travel and unwind has been to catch up with my beloved Bills and find out on this small little scale what's important with them.

It's no big deal, either way. I just want a running back who produces on-field and wants to be here.