Jerry Sullivan gives it to Willis with both barrels

duey

I don't consider taking an active role in the raising of a child an act of a "paragon of virtue". Ordinary schmucks like most of us on this board and our parents, grandparents and all have been doing it for centuries without so much as a pat on the back. You may consider it outstandingly virtuous behavior...I still think of it as a pretty basic expectation if your going to father a child.

That is great. I am doing the same.

Yet, I am not going to pass judgment on this situation -- especially given that I have only heard one side of it.

I am sure that you and the others (including Sullivan) are without sin and are able to pass moral judgments on Willis.

As best as I can tell, Willis had sex with women to whom he is not married. What percentage of the people on this board have had sex with someone to whom they are not married? What percentage of the Buffalo Bills or any other team in any professional league has?

Willis did not use protection. Should he have? Of course, he should have -- especially given his situation. I know I would have. Yet, I wonder what percentage of the guys on this board have had sex at least once in their lives without a condom? Why didn't the mothers of these kids use protection or insist that WM use protection?

Should Willis spend time with his kids? How do we know that he does not? Well, from at least July through the end of December, we know that he is in Buffalo. As for the rest of the year, we know that he does not live with the mothers. As for the rest of the time, all I can say is that the most enjoyable and rewarding time that I have on this earth is with my wife and son and family. I would recommend that he do the same.

As I said in another post, he who is without sin should cast the first stone. It is comforting to know that we have so many posters on this board (and at least one columnist) that are without sin.

Quick story. I have a friend who went out with this smoking hot 20 year old girl. At the time, he was about 40. She told him that her OB/GYN told her that she was incapable of having children. Fast forward a few months. She tells him that she is pregant. He responds: what is the name of the OB/GYN who told you that you could not have kids? She has no response.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think willis is a poor decision maker and too carefree with impregnating these women, but i blame them more than him.

these women chose to have sex with willis, chose not to use protection, and then chose to have the child. it is their choice, not willis' to have these kids and IMO they are prolly doing it to get a paycheck from a sports star.

far from a lowlife, he just has sex with the wrong girls.

Both the Willis and the women are to blame here. Fatherless children have negative effects on society as a whole (welfare, crime ect). Unprotected sex also has negative effects on society (STDs). While many are single parents for death and divorce reasons, random care-free conception which appears to be the case here is the height of irresponsibility. The women don't know they will get pregnant if they're having sex while not on the pill? Willis doesn't know he'll be a father many times over by having unprotected sex?

Willis is living the life of a "player", and the women are looking to get pregnant by a pro athlete with a pile of Benjamins to suck off from. They're all lowlifes.

Thank you. this has been my point all along. I wouldnt have made that decision either, but to think that the entire world is composed of nice little happy families with a mommy and a daddy is laughable. People need to stop living under a rock.

So we accept it as the norm and realize that this makes it OK and move along?

In Germany folks looked the other way and said/did nothing. Extreme example? Yes.

don't be such a pc kitty.

these women are grown up and know about birth control. they also have the right to choose, and chose to have the child. they also knew they were sleeping with

a pro athlete with a big reputation as a hurricane and massive income potential. they are now getting a paycheck for 18+ years.

instead of waving around your little good guy badge why don't you take a look at this funny place called reality?

I live in reality every day colin. Here, let me take a look outside the window. <_< Dammit, you were right, it is all the women's fault. <_< How the hell did I miss that the first time.

3 kids and 3 moms in less than 3 years is bad. The term "low-life," however, is harsh and loaded. It seems to me that the sports writers at the Buffalo News drew straws and Sullivan lost. As a result, it was on him to highlight every negative aspect of Willis' brief tenure in Buffalo, without giving him the benefit of the doubt on any issue.

That would be 3 kids born during a 4 month period(not 3 years) to 3 different moms.

So we accept it as the norm and realize that this makes it OK and move along?

In Germany folks looked the other way and said/did nothing. Extreme example? Yes.

I think that you get the award for overstatement when you equate what Willis did with the Holocaust.

who cares, personal issues aside, the bottom line here is this guy is a below average running back who is asking for an extension after failing to gain 1,000 yrds. Your not going to get much for him, because he is not that good. If the bills get the chance, draft Lynch or Petersen @ #12, that will instantly improve your offense. I guaranty it. Let Willis rot on the bench. That is all he is worth anyways & Im strictly talking about his football ability.

Yet, I am not going to pass judgment on this situation -- especially given that I have only heard one side of it.

I am sure that you and the others (including Sullivan) are without sin and are able to pass moral judgments on Willis.

As best as I can tell, Willis had sex with women to whom he is not married. What percentage of the people on this board have had sex with someone to whom they are not married? What percentage of the Buffalo Bills or any other team in any professional league has?

Willis did not use protection. Should he have? Of course, he should have -- especially given his situation. I know I would have. Yet, I wonder what percentage of the guys on this board have had sex at least once in their lives without a condom? Why didn't the mothers of these kids use protection or insist that WM use protection?

Should Willis spend time with his kids? How do we know that he does not? Well, from at least July through the end of December, we know that he is in Buffalo. As for the rest of the year, we know that he does not live with the mothers. As for the rest of the time, all I can say is that the most enjoyable and rewarding time that I have on this earth is with my wife and son and family. I would recommend that he do the same.

The complaint of the parents were that he wasn't there for the kids. If that's true, he's a lowlife in my book. Others don't have a problem with it..and that's there opinion. As I said, we gotta agree to disagree on this point.

As I said in another post, he who is without sin should cast the first stone. It is comforting to know that we have so many posters on this board (and at least one columnist) that are without sin.

Quick story. I have a friend who went out with this smoking hot 20 year old girl. At the time, he was about 40. She told him that her OB/GYN told her that she was incapable of having children. Fast forward a few months. She tells him that she is pregant. He responds: what is the name of the OB/GYN who told you that you could not have kids? She has no response.

That would be 3 kids born during a 4 month period(not 3 years) to 3 different moms.

Hey...the moms say he isn't there. If that's true that would qualify as a lowlife in my book. I'm not saying single parents or even those who father kids out of wedlock are by definition lowlifes. I admit I'm old fashioned. My basic assumption is if you father a kid you gotta play a role in raising it. Others are free to disagree. Maybe WM spends every waking moment with these three kids. If so, he's certainly not a lowlife. Average running back, but not a lowlife.

Peter/Ramius/Willis Apologists,

Nobody would be saying anything about Willis if he simply was a "productive" running back. Antonwain Smith was by no means a good RB here but at least he was consistent. Travis Henry had his shortcomings, but at least he laid it out on the field everytime he went out there... and those are the types of players that this town identifies with.

Perhaps the slams on Willis' intelligence are harsh and/or unjustified... but if his production came close to matching the hype and if he played hard on a consistent basis, nobody would be bringing up the ticky tac things going on in his personal life.

I think that you get the award for overstatement when you equate what Willis did with the Holocaust.

Hey...the moms say he isn't there. If that's true that would qualify as a lowlife in my book. I'm not saying single parents or even those who father kids out of wedlock are by definition lowlifes. I admit I'm old fashioned. My basic assumption is if you father a kid you gotta play a role in raising it. Others are free to disagree. Maybe WM spends every waking moment with these three kids. If so, he's certainly not a lowlife. Average running back, but not a lowlife.

You're preaching to the choir. I was just pointing out that it was 3 kids fathered over a VERY BRIEF period of 3 months not a 3 year period like the previous poster had indicated.

Both the Willis and the women are to blame here. Fatherless children have negative effects on society as a whole (welfare, crime ect). Unprotected sex also has negative effects on society (STDs). While many are single parents for death and divorce reasons, random care-free conception which appears to be the case here is the height of irresponsibility. The women don't know they will get pregnant if they're having sex while not on the pill? Willis doesn't know he'll be a father many times over by having unprotected sex?

Willis is living the life of a "player", and the women are looking to get pregnant by a pro athlete with a pile of Benjamins to suck off from. They're all lowlifes.

Yup.

Peter/Ramius/Willis Apologists,

Nobody would be saying anything about Willis if he simply was a "productive" running back. Antonwain Smith was by no means a good RB here but at least he was consistent. Travis Henry had his shortcomings, but at least he laid it out on the field everytime he went out there... and those are the types of players that this town identifies with.

Perhaps the slams on Willis' intelligence are harsh and/or unjustified... but if his production came close to matching the hype and if he played hard on a consistent basis, nobody would be bringing up the ticky tac things going on in his personal life.

agree totally----however what did we all expect when we draft over-hyped recent players from the so-called U?

Nothing can divert attention away from the "I hate the Pats" posts like Willis bashing.

I live in reality every day colin. Here, let me take a look outside the window. <_< Dammit, you were right, it is all the women's fault. <_< How the hell did I miss that the first time.

it's the woman's body and she has the right to choose, case closed.