24 Season Six Discussion Thread

Who knew it was so easy to attempt an assassination of a president?

Nerdy aide: "He's a special analyst from some thinktank."

Guard: "OK! Let him through!"

LOL

That makes back to back shows Fox is attempting assassination of a president. (Wife watches prison break). Subliminal messages, hrm?

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who knew it was so easy to attempt an assassination of a president?

Nerdy aide: "He's a special analyst from some thinktank."

Guard: "OK! Let him through!"

LOL

That makes back to back shows Fox is attempting assassination of a president. (Wife watches prison break). Subliminal messages, hrm?

as much as i hate bush, i hope they aren't foreshadowing some conspiracy that might be happening in real world

The president in peril is nothing new for 24, every season has involved the president being harmed either physically or legally (see last year with Logan, who had replaced the President whose AF1 was shot down in the previous season). And on Prison Break, that show is just full of corruptness, so the assassination attempt is actually (yes I know far-fetched) justified in some respect. The entire premise of the show is that a group of individuals has all the power over the country and influences/hand picks all politicians to follow in accordance with their plans. I guess not entirely unrealistic, probably more realistic than 24, but both are no doubt very entertaining IMO.

The president in peril is nothing new for 24, every season has involved the president being harmed either physically or legally (see last year with Logan, who had replaced the President whose AF1 was shot down in the previous season). And on Prison Break, that show is just full of corruptness, so the assassination attempt is actually (yes I know far-fetched) justified in some respect. The entire premise of the show is that a group of individuals has all the power over the country and influences/hand picks all politicians to follow in accordance with their plans. I guess not entirely unrealistic, probably more realistic than 24, but both are no doubt very entertaining IMO.

Prison Break SUCKS. End of story :blink:

Some of you guys need to remember that this show is in season SIX. The fact that it's over the top and unrealistic is well-established by now, so if you're still watching it then chances are you LIKE that sort of thing. Quit whining about how over the top it is, and just allow yourself to be entertained for gosh sakes....that's the ONLY point of the show's existence, and for most of us that is plenty good.

Some of you guys need to remember that this show is in season SIX. The fact that it's over the top and unrealistic is well-established by now, so if you're still watching it then chances are you LIKE that sort of thing. Quit whining about how over the top it is, and just allow yourself to be entertained for gosh sakes....that's the ONLY point of the show's existence, and for most of us that is plenty good.

It was always a bit unrealistic but in upping the ante they've left a lot of puzzling moves unanswered. If you raise the stakes with nuclear weapons in the show you would imagine the alert would be far more heightened and no one but no one is getting close to the President. That and recycling past moves like the consulate problem are a little tired.

I am entertained, for certain. I just enjoyed past seasons (1 and 4, esp) more.

It was always a bit unrealistic but in upping the ante they've left a lot of puzzling moves unanswered. If you raise the stakes with nuclear weapons in the show you would imagine the alert would be far more heightened and no one but no one is getting close to the President. That and recycling past moves like the consulate problem are a little tired.

I am entertained, for certain. I just enjoyed past seasons (1 and 4, esp) more.

They're running out of stories and ways to tell them. I guess that's to be expected when the show started off at such lofty heights.

Thanks, Dad. I wasn't sure if I liked the show or not, and gosh, I wasn't allowing myself to be entertained :lol:

My point was that I notice the over-the-topness a lot more this season, which interferes with my suspension of disbelief and makes season six (so far) imo not as good as season five, which i think was awesome. It seems like they are trying extra hard to out do last season, whereas before the scale of the over-the-top-ness seemed to natuarally increase, which imo is generally more conducive to a smoothly functioning plot. This does not mean I don't enjoy the show quite a lot still. This last episode I thought was the best since the first four of this year, with the whole russian consulate thing and Powers Boothe as the VP coming into the show, who I think is an awesome choice for that role. The action was constant, non stop, we didn't get to see graham's dumbarse wife or son, morris didn't whine and complain, etc.

Thanks, Dad. I wasn't sure if I liked the show or not, and gosh, I wasn't allowing myself to be entertained :thumbsup:

My point was that I notice the over-the-topness a lot more this season, which interferes with my suspension of disbelief and makes season six (so far) imo not as good as season five, which i think was awesome. It seems like they are trying extra hard to out do last season, whereas before the scale of the over-the-top-ness seemed to natuarally increase, which imo is generally more conducive to a smoothly functioning plot. This does not mean I don't enjoy the show quite a lot still. This last episode I thought was the best since the first four of this year, with the whole russian consulate thing and Powers Boothe as the VP coming into the show, who I think is an awesome choice for that role. The action was constant, non stop, we didn't get to see graham's dumbarse wife or son, morris didn't whine and complain, etc.

Wasn't it pretty clear after season ONE that to have all this stuff happen w/in a supposed 24-hr period was a prett ridiculous premise to begin with? lol I understand the argument that one season is better or worse than another, but to be mentioning how over the top the show is at this point is a bit silly, IMO

Wasn't it pretty clear after season ONE that to have all this stuff happen w/in a supposed 24-hr period was a prett ridiculous premise to begin with? lol I understand the argument that one season is better or worse than another, but to be mentioning how over the top the show is at this point is a bit silly, IMO

I explained in two different posts what I consider the difference now in the show's over-the-topness as compared to past seasons. This method of reasoning is called analysis and is used to differentiate between facets of things that on the surface seem alike but upon further analysis can be shown to have divergence :nana:

I explained in two different posts what I consider the difference now in the show's over-the-topness as compared to past seasons. This method of reasoning is called analysis and is used to differentiate between facets of things that on the surface seem alike but upon further analysis can be shown to have divergence :nana:

Yeah, but even though it's gotten much more out of hand, it was still a HUGE element of the show six years ago. To me, it's like saying "well, klingons were one thing, but now that the BORG has shown up, this is just getting ridiculous!" I just feel it's pretty much to be expected that a show requiring us to suspend our disbelief is going to sooner or later really get crazy....it's got to go SOMEWHERE, right?

He's dead. And next week's episode looks like it will be the best so far.

He's not dead yet

And Palmer hasn't recovered yet

My guess is in a couple episodes Palmer will take a turn for the worse and will need some kind of transplant. He'll have some kind of rare blood type that Logan also has

Yeah, but even though it's gotten much more out of hand, it was still a HUGE element of the show six years ago. To me, it's like saying "well, klingons were one thing, but now that the BORG has shown up, this is just getting ridiculous!" I just feel it's pretty much to be expected that a show requiring us to suspend our disbelief is going to sooner or later really get crazy....it's got to go SOMEWHERE, right?

It's no more unbelievable than The Young and the Restless or any of those whackjob daytime jobs. That said, I don't mind the sensationalism at all, I get a kick out of pointing it out and still enjoy the show.