The Official draft

bills_fan

Yep, I think we'll get our DT and OG in free agency. Even if we lose Nate, a 2nd round CB or lesser free agent is preferable to using the 1st rounder on a CB.

Thus, I think our first round pick should be Patrick Willis. This guy is a super talent at LB and could be a pro bowler for many years. He is that good. He is a high character guy, overcame a lot as a kid, loves to play and has off-the-charts athleticism and size (6'2", 240, 4.5ish 40).

Some articles...

Personal Story

From Ole Miss

Scouting stuff

A video...

Stuffing the Run

if there is a guy who is a better CB than this guy is a DT, why is it preferable to not take a CB?

(if we dont sign nate, that is)

He's a LB. Maybe the best LB prospect since Ray Lewis (since Urlacher was a S).

Just watch the video.

i meant LB, sorry.

regardless of position, if we have a hole at CB and LB and there is a better CB out there, why wouldnt you take him? im just trying to learn other peoples draft strategies...

ive seen that video. its one awesome tackle over a 4 year career. im sure he had plenty more but im not making an opinion on ONE play.

i meant LB, sorry.

regardless of position, if we have a hole at CB and LB and there is a better CB out there, why wouldnt you take him? im just trying to learn other peoples draft strategies...

I don't think there is a better CB than Willis is a LB. I honestly believe that Patrick Willis will end up going to multiple pro bowls as a MLB. He will be that good. No CB will do that in this draft.

i meant LB, sorry.

ive seen that video. its one awesome tackle over a 4 year career. im sure he had plenty more but im not making an opinion on ONE play.

I think it's better to have an elite CB than an elite LB. Obviously you'd like to have both. But I think you can get much better value in lower rounds at LB than with CB.

Yep, I think we'll get our DT and OG in free agency. Even if we lose Nate, a 2nd round CB or lesser free agent is preferable to using the 1st rounder on a CB.

Thus, I think our first round pick should be Patrick Willis. This guy is a super talent at LB and could be a pro bowler for many years. He is that good. He is a high character guy, overcame a lot as a kid, loves to play and has off-the-charts athleticism and size (6'2", 240, 4.5ish 40).

Some articles...

Personal Story

From Ole Miss

Scouting stuff

A video...

Stuffing the Run

Thank you for the links!

I am a big fan of Willis!! (Not the McGahee kind)

He is on my short list of players I would like the Bills to take.

(of course depending on free-agency and combine and personal workout information)

Traditional logic would not have us using such a high pick on a MLB. Then again if we followed traditional logic we wouldn't have drafted a SS so high last year. It seems like Marv and Co. want the guy that fits the Cover 2 the best, and brings the most intangible qualities like leadership, character, and athleticism. I don't see anybody that fits that description more then Willis. On a personal note I feel he's pretty close to a sure thing, which might be better then reaching at position of more importance/greater need.

Traditional logic would not have us using such a high pick on a MLB.

True, but Urlacher, Lewis and Vilma were all 1st rounders, picked in the early teens I believe. So, it wouldn't be out of line with those picks to go MLB in the first.

I haven't posted on this board for over 2 years. The only reason I am on is because I agree on P. Willis. he is a stud and somone to plug in for Fletch @ MLB. I have been watching P. Willis for about 4 months now and am amazed at the consistency in his production. He's high charachter and he should be there at #12.

If Clements leaves, the Bills are in deep doo-doo. McGee is a good CB but that's because Nate always takes the best receiver. The Bills need a big fast CB to replace Nate. They can't do well with two small CB's. A big fast guy won't be available after round two or three. They'll have to get one early. I don't know what the CB depth looks like in this draft and that will have a big impact on when they take one. If they pass up a CB in the first round and there is a run on them after they pick it could be too late. An NFL adage is; You can never have too many DB's.

I think it's better to have an elite CB than an elite LB. Obviously you'd like to have both. But I think you can get much better value in lower rounds at LB than with CB.

That's why many of us are calling for us to re-sign CB Nate ie why make a hole when don't have to?

That's why many of us are calling for us to re-sign CB Nate ie why make a hole when don't have to?

The problem is that NC is going to be asking more than he's worth and if the Bills pay him it will really mess up their cap structure and cause problems with other players on the team.

As Rocky Balboa once said, "Absolutely." Willis is no AJ Hawk IMO, I'd have to say no. :flirt:

Some articles...

Personal Story

From Ole Miss

Scouting stuff

A video...

Stuffing the Run

I am for drafting any guy with the nickname "P-Willie"

We need more knickname guys on the Bills, like the old days of Spider-Man, Dr. Sac, The Biscuit

, etc...

Every year we talk about who the Bills are going to pick and every year we're WRONG!! We have no idea what Marv and co. are thinking but I'm sure they have a plan. They're plan could be go go with an electric player like Ginn or Lynch, or go with a big DT. Point is, we have no idea and come draft day I'm sure we'll be in for a surprise, just like Whitner.