Stop the Blackouts and the Bills will stay

SlamnSam

The NFL commisoner said he will do his part to ensure the Bills will get their 6 million a year from revenue sharing. The Bills had 4 blackouts this year, fans arent doing their part. The senator said fan support was weak because of the teams we faced at the end of the season. Those teams were the Jags, Chargers, Fish & Titans. I say Bills fans arent supporting their team they way they used to. All those games were good games and it was some kind of protest from fans for what reason I dont know. All I know is fans will have to buy tickets to the games if they want the Bills to stay here. Its really dishearting to see the stadium empty in the cheap seats.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The NFL commisoner said he will do his part to ensure the Bills will get their 6 million a year from revenue sharing. The Bills had 4 blackouts this year, fans arent doing their part. The senator said fan support was weak because of the teams we faced at the end of the season. Those teams were the Jags, Chargers, Fish & Titans. I say Bills fans arent supporting their team they way they used to. All those games were good games and it was some kind of protest from fans for what reason I dont know. All I know is fans will have to buy tickets to the games if they want the Bills to stay here. Its really dishearting to see the stadium empty in the cheap seats.

It was stupid of the NFL to put 4 home games in the last 5 weeks of the season in the cold weather and one of which was a christmas-eve game. I went to the Nov game between

Pittsburgh and Cleveland on a cold Thursday night and there were 30K people in the stands...about 50% of people attended the game....Since the steelers have 100% sellout of season tickets it did not matter to them....

Sad but true. There's no excuse. None. The seats are cheap and if Buffalo fans are as tough as they act like the are, a little cold weather shouldn't keep them away. And c'mon, how cold has it been this winter? I remember sold-out games with below-zero temps and -20 wind chills. What a bunch of pussyfarts we've become.

PTR

It was stupid of the NFL to put 4 home games in the last 5 weeks of the season in the cold weather and one of which was a christmas-eve game. I went to the Nov game between

Pittsburgh and Cleveland on a cold Thursday night and there were 30K people in the stands...about 50% of people attended the game....Since the steelers have 100% sellout of season tickets it did not matter to them....

this is THE WORST EXCUSE ive ever heard.

as Bills fans we should be priding ourselves of the winter weather. THATS OUR THING!

saying the Bills couldnt sellout games because they were in the wnter months of the season is a stance directly opposed to our home field advantage.

plus you guys had a MILD winter up there. did it actually snow at any games this year? i barely had to wear my wintercoat to the tenn. game and im not used to the cold. im living 1500 miles away and still made it in for 2 games this year.

SUCK IT UP!

The low season ticket base in Buffalo will always hamper their ability to sell out. Even in the best years there are 25-30,000 tickets left to sell for each of the 8 games. You simply cannot move that many tickets if the team is mediocre or poor on the field,,,,,especially for December games.

Sad but true. There's no excuse. None. The seats are cheap and if Buffalo fans are as tough as they act like the are, a little cold weather shouldn't keep them away. And c'mon, how cold has it been this winter? I remember sold-out games with below-zero temps and -20 wind chills. What a bunch of pussyfarts we've become.

PTR

And at least 10,000 more season tickets sold that year than in the just-completed one. That Raiders playoff game was sold out, but the attendance was only 61,923.

(And God bless each and every one of 'em for risking frostbite that day. The rest of us are not worthy... :flirt: )

The low season ticket base in Buffalo will always hamper their ability to sell out. Even in the best years there are 25-30,000 tickets left to sell for each of the 8 games. You simply cannot move that many tickets if the team is mediocre or poor on the field,,,,,especially for December games.

I think you're right...

Does that mean there isnt enough fan base to support a pro football team?

...which means you might be, too. And doesn't that stink?

But seriously, we're not going down this well-beaten path again, are we? 'Cause I can just go back and bump the (multiple) threads from last month, if we are...

i'd like to think that the dispersion of the population on WNY is the biggest reason the games didn't sell out...but in my heart, i think it's apathy.

Is the population of WNY aging? Certainly this could make people more reluctant to see games in the cold.

Also, I think that at Bills games, a large proportion of fans are from out of town, and this includes both Bills Fans and fans of opposing teams. It makes sense, given the relatively low number of season ticket holders; and some of them seem to be from "out of town."

This year, there were too many late season home games imo.

This year, there were too many late season home games imo.

I'd agree with that. So, probably, would all the people still waiting to receive Christmas cards from me...

(heh. Sorry about that, Bill. Hope yours was Merry... :flirt: )

It's really no surprise that the Bills had trouble selling out the games this season, and it's also not much cause for alarm. It was the perfect storm:

1] Too many games late in the season when the weather was cold.

2] Most of those games not sexy, excluding Miami, who had been on a downtrend.

3] Christmas Eve against the Titans instead of Saturday, two days before Christmas.

4] The 2005 Season, all its turmoil and turbulence that left a bad taste in everyone's mouth.

5] The five years of Tom Donohoe and the malaise that it brought on the franchise, especially concerning dashed hopes.

6] The uninspiring, to a large portion of fans, hiring of Marv Levy.

7] The uninspiring, to the majority, hiring of Dick Jauron.

8] The uninspiring draft and Free Agency signings.

9] The surge of the Sabres and their high scoring, exciting, dramatic play, players and playoff run.

All of those things are semi-small, but all of them are significant in some way, and together are enormous. Most of them no longer exist. Plan on selling out all eight home games next year.

everyone whined and moaned when they started scheduling miami at buffalo in september saying the league was taking away our homefield weather advantage.

now people are complaining about the home games late in the season?

people, the home games in late-nov/december ARE THE ONLY REAL Bills games.

the best moment in Ralph history is the "Let it Snow" Miami game.

It's really no surprise that the Bills had trouble selling out the games this season, and it's also not much cause for alarm. It was the perfect storm:

the fact that this is an excuse and calling miami at home in december "not sexy", is making me sick to my stomach

everyone whined and moaned when they started scheduling miami at buffalo in september saying the league was taking away our homefield weather advantage.

now people are complaining about the home games late in the season?

people, the home games in late-nov/december ARE THE ONLY REAL Bills games.

the best moment in Ralph history is the "Let it Snow" Miami game.

I'm guessing you weren't around for 51-3 or the '88 Jets game?

the fact that this is an excuse and calling miami at home in december "not sexy", is making me sick to my stomach

I'm guessing you weren't around for 51-3 or the '88 Jets game?

lol, i was there. my dad and i got season tickets in 1985, when i was 6 years old.

we saw every home game, good and bad, for the past 21 years.

i moved away after last season and still made it back for 2 games

i was there, i was 9, i was on the field with my dad and 3 other guys from our section.

the "let it snow" game was on the scoreboard at the tenn/xmas eve game as the greatest ralph moment so i was just quoting the organization. im sure we all have our own personal favorites :flirt::lol::(

I'd agree with that. So, probably, would all the people still waiting to receive Christmas cards from me...

(heh. Sorry about that, Bill. Hope yours was Merry... :( )

:lol: Lori, seeing you year after year is worth far more than a card! :flirt:

The 07 teams we play are perfect for me. We place priority in seeing teams that we have never seen before. In 07, we have not seen any opponent other than the divisional rivals.

I hope that this is the year I can come up more than once.

Btw, how did you like that stamp? :(