Buckeye Overload...

buckeyemike

Tonight, we have a twenty-four hour long pregame show on the local sports talk radio station.

We have two regional sports TV networks (SportsTime Ohio, which does Indians games, and FSN Ohio) and one statewide TV news network...and they have plenty of coverage.

Not to mention ESPN...so right now, it's Buckeye Fever out the wazoo in the Buckeye State.

Our new governor is getting sworn in tomorrow (Ted Strickland), but the formal inauguration and parties are not until Saturday...because of the game.

All this is nice, but geez, let's play the game already.

No game is truly worth this much hype...watch it be a Big Buckeye Blowout (although I'm not predicting that).

When this game is done, if the Buckeyes win the title, I don't think anything would be able to top this year:

1) Ranked No. 1 all season.

2) Beat not one, not two, but THREE No. 2 teams along the way.

3) Beat Michigan at home.

4) A Buckeye wins the Heisman.

5) OSU goes undefeated.

6) OSU wins the national championship.

I think I covered all the bases for the greatest Buckeyes season ever...if they win tomorrow night.

Its buckeye overload down here in Tallahassee today too, but thats a good thing! There are 40,000 freshly minted buckeye fans on campus today.

Well, except for one local writer, who is trying to convince FSU fans to root for the gators because "we are both from florida" :rolleyes: I'd shove rusty roofing nails up my ass long before i'd root for the gators.

5) OSU goes undefeated.

I think I covered all the bases for the greatest Buckeyes season ever...if they win tomorrow night.

While it definitely would be an outstanding season, I'm kind of disappointed with the lack of a truly dominate number 2 team this season....and that goes for the whole season. Texas and (to a lesser extent) Michigan were both over rated as number 2's, and while the Gators earned their spot given the competition, they fall into the same boat as the teams above...number 2 by default. Beating 3 number 2's on their way to a championship sounds great, but with the watered down opposition this year it isn't quite as dominating as it sounds.

Tonight, we have a twenty-four hour long pregame show on the local sports talk radio station.

We have two regional sports TV networks (SportsTime Ohio, which does Indians games, and FSN Ohio) and one statewide TV news network...and they have plenty of coverage.

Not to mention ESPN...so right now, it's Buckeye Fever out the wazoo in the Buckeye State.

Our new governor is getting sworn in tomorrow (Ted Strickland), but the formal inauguration and parties are not until Saturday...because of the game.

No game is truly worth this much hype...watch it be a Big Buckeye Blowout (although I'm not predicting that).

When this game is done, if the Buckeyes win the title, I don't think anything would be able to top this year:

5) OSU goes undefeated.

Oh well....it's a tainted Championship anyway since they both ducked the real champs -- Boise State.

Florida deserves number one, no question. They had one mother of a schedule and when push came to shove against the anointed number one team, they whooped their ass.

USC gets number two for beating Michigan and a good year in a tough conference.

Boise State gets number three...strength of schedule..wish they could play florida.

Ohio State might get number four...

Florida deserves number one, no question. They had one mother of a schedule and when push came to shove against the anointed number one team, they whooped their ass.

USC gets number two for beating Michigan and a good year in a tough conference.

Boise State gets number three...strength of schedule..wish they could play florida.

Ohio State might get number four...

#2 in both polls. Sorry.

Won't happen anytime soon. Too many fat aholes making big bank off the BCS bowls. They don't care about so called "controversy".

They still could make money of a playoff system. Each playoff game is hosted at a different place like a bowl game, while progressing thru the brackets. Each game could be sponsored by a different company like a bowl game.

5) OSU goes undefeated.

LSU would of knocked the tar out of the buckeyes also. I didnt have a rooting interest for either team, but I got sick & tired of hearing how dominant the Buckeyes are. It is quite clear from the bowl results that the big 10 from top to bottom was vastly overrated as usual. Interesting fact, 6 out of the last 7 BCS Championship games, the underdog(as far as vegas lines) has won. Buckeye nation should think about that first before they start shooting their mouths off a month before the game is actually played.