Interesting tidbit per PFW.

Fat Pat could have helped the Bills win than he has helped the Vikes.

I don't think it would have mattered.....This team was down the drain with the way Mularkey handled his QB situation....Pat Williams was another veteran and he would have joined the bandwagon of Eric Moulds, TKO and London Fletcher in twisting MM arm to get Holcomb to start....

The bills lost last year more due to the coach losing control of his team rather than anything.....That is something that Dick Jauron did not let it happen this season....At 2-6 I am sure there was a big hue and cry by Fletcher and TKO to change QBs...However, since the defense themselves sucked so bad, they

shut their mouths and nothing came out.

Probably true. But he would definitely have helped THIS year, and the Bills had the cap room.

And that's really the point - it's two seasons later, and he still would have helped - immensely. Not only this past season, but next as well. Oh well. Since he was too expensive and was only on the field less than 50% of the time and we had future pro bowlers already on the roster to take his place...

And that's really the point - it's two seasons later, and he still would have helped - immensely. Not only this past season, but next as well. Oh well. Since he was too expensive and was only on the field less than 50% of the time and we had future pro bowlers already on the roster to take his place...

No, he chose to take the money and run. As CP said, the Bills offered him a similar deal, but with less upfront money.

Stop the presses - the Bills need help with their run defense. Wow how did they come up with such top-secret stuff, do you think Soprano is working for them now?

:blink: Ah, the days of Soprano are sorely missed... ... ... ...Not :blink:

I think that letting Big Pat go is the single most damning aspect of the old regime. Unforgiveable, and we're still suffering for it.

I'll invite you to look at it another way.

If TD had somehow re-signed Fat Pat both he and Donnaho might still be here, and Mike Mularkey would still be the Head Coach here instead of a Head Case in Dieami.

Things happen for a reason. FP is gone. Maybe his leaving should be viewed as the plug that was pulled from the drain that let all the dirty water out of the tub and took the ugly baby with it.

No, he chose to take the money and run. As CP said, the Bills offered him a similar deal, but with less upfront money.

Money that is backended in a contract is a money that most players never see....If PW was injured in the 1st two seasons, he would have been cut and let go....Considering that Pat WIlliams signed as a UDFA and re-signed with the bills for a very small contract, this was going to be his last and final big pay day and he was not going to miss it. Heck, a guy like Fletcher who earned 17M dollars from the BIlls and at 32 is talking about being selfish about his last contract to look after his family......

Money that is backended in a contract is a money that most players never see....If PW was injured in the 1st two seasons, he would have been cut and let go....Considering that Pat WIlliams signed as a UDFA and re-signed with the bills for a very small contract, this was going to be his last and final big pay day and he was not going to miss it. Heck, a guy like Fletcher who earned 17M dollars from the BIlls and at 32 is talking about being selfish about his last contract to look after his family......

And why didn't TD offer him a similarly competitive contract? He could've actually locked him up before Minny if he really wanted to. He was trying to get him on the cheap, and PW didn't appreciate it. PW would've more than likely stayed, and TD knew that, but his lowballing tactics ultimately backfired, as PW saw it as a personal insult. I don't blame him.

And why didn't TD offer him a similarly competitive contract? He could've actually locked him up before Minny if he really wanted to. He was trying to get him on the cheap, and PW didn't appreciate it. PW would've more than likely stayed, and TD knew that, but his lowballing tactics ultimately backfired, as PW saw it as a personal insult. I don't blame him.

Who's money was being offered? Do you think that was TD's call all the way, or was RW capping him? TD did some bad work in player acquisitions but you can't lay the blame totally on him for PW.