I don't get London Fletcher???

Why is he so upset and visibly angry right now about not getting a contract extension like other players at the end of the last season? Seems to me he should have voiced his discontent at the end of last season not this one if he wanted to get it done with the Bills. He either suffers from delayed anger is a bit of a prima donna or more likely he has caught “show me the money” syndrome.

Or maybe he realizes that he is turning 32, is short for the position, and can be run at directly....he has already fleeced this team for 17.5 million dollars....hopefully this off-season he'll be able to figure out what he wants to be called on his new team...maybe London Fletcher-Overrated?

Or maybe he realizes that he is turning 32, is short for the position, and can be run at directly....he has already fleeced this team for 17.5 million dollars....hopefully this off-season he'll be able to figure out what he wants to be called on his new team...maybe London Fletcher-Overrated?

Maybe so but he really gels with this team!

If you think Fletcher is overrated you obviously do not watch Bills games. The guy has been our best defensive player for the past 4 years.

Why is he so upset and visibly angry right now about not getting a contract extension like other players at the end of the last season? Seems to me he should have voiced his discontent at the end of last season not this one if he wanted to get it done with the Bills. He either suffers from delayed anger is a bit of a prima donna or more likely he has caught “show me the money” syndrome.

If he would have said he wanted to renogiate then, we all would have said "you have a contract, live up to it" . No matter what you may think of his abilities, in my mind at least, there was never any question about his his desire or effort on the field. Thats all you can ask of a player. Guess you never been pissed at a boss before?

Sounds to me like he is listening to Drew Rosenhaus, his agent.

Regardless, I still hope we keep him.

Last year there was a big cry when Milloy and Adams were sent packing along with Eric Moulds. Also, sent was Troy Vincent.

The guys who have replaced these guys have all performed to their level or better. I am sure Marv and Jauron know which of the current players are keepers and won't hesitate to send anyone packing if they think they are replaceable. London Fletcher might fall in that category.

This team is being built for speed. There is a reason why Fletcher was not offered a contract extension or was not a priority in the last off season or during the season. Fletcher knows about it and is whining now that the season has ended and he is trying to twist the Bills arm for a contract, knowing very well that there is no other team that is going to give him a contract close to what the Bills can offer.

In today’s FA big $$ reality, how can a small market team like Buffalo rebuild if they are constantly losing key players to FA. It’s like a revolving door here in Buffalo as soon as a player gets good and gels with the team their gone to FA. You cannot rebuild like this, too many holes keep popping up year after year.

In today’s FA big $$ reality, how can a small market team like Buffalo rebuild if they are constantly losing key players to FA. It’s like a revolving door here in Buffalo as soon as a player gets good and gels with the team their gone to FA. You cannot rebuild like this, too many holes keep popping up year after year.

We've had this management for one year. If Fletcher is gone we can still win games.

It's can be done.

It's called money ball.

See Billy Beane in Oakland or the Flordia Marlins for road map of how it works in baseball.

You just don't overspend on big name, over-the-hill slugs.

If you think Fletcher is overrated you obviously do not watch Bills games. The guy has been our best defensive player for the past 4 years.

Agreed. I don't get all the criticism of him lately. Like any LB, you're going to be run on when you have no d-line to pick up blockers. It's not the LB's fault--and especially not London's fault--that there are 5 foot holes for RBs to gallop through.

Those of you dogging Fletcher will clearly never be happy with anybody the Bills put on the field. He came from a winning environment in St. Louis and has constantly played his ass off for some schitty Bills teams over the last four years. And while other players could be seen sneaking out the back door after a blowout loss to dodge the media, Fletcher was ALWAYS there to answer for the team and take accountability. He has always been upfront with his emotions...How can you blame him for feeling slighted? He put it on the line every week, playing the sport's most brutal position, knowing that a bad injury could end his career and cost him millions upon millions of dollars. I'm sure he would've liked the 'semi-security' and guaranteed bonus money that an extension would've provided. Is it so bad that he says so? I give him credit for doing it on locker cleanout day, rather than in week 5.

This will be his final NFL contract. Just like Jay McKee with the Sabres, it would be nice to keep him, but if someone is going to pay him outrageous money, I don't begrudge Fletcher at all if he follows the cash. He HAS to. And his agent has to try and help him get it.

"Last year there was a big cry when Milloy and Adams were sent packing along with Eric Moulds. Also, sent was Troy Vincent."

There's a HUGE difference between the above players and Fletcher. Especially Moulds and Adams. I will never forget fat Sam walking off the field as Bledsoe was in the middle of getting sacked. Moulds sulking off the field during the Miami game because Evans got three first quarter TD's and he had (boo hoo) none. If there were people crying when these four left- they were tears of joy for me. 4 guys who ALWAYS who rated themselves a full two grades over the right grade.

Fletcher is a player of heart and guts. All this crap about "worn down" and "tackles 5 yards downfield" is bunk. I would root for team with guys like Fletcher every time. London has more tackles in the last 7 years than ANYONE in the NFL...and all that garbage about tackles being a "meaningless stat" is ridiculous. He has done it here and he did it in STL.

If he goes...he goes- but I sure appreciated those 20 tackles in KC win in 05, knocking Frerotte out with a safety, the 21 tackles against the Jets in 04...and those 2 TD's this year...and all those tackles.

Last thing...the team is getting better in part because of parting ways with players of lousy character. Bills fans know that Marv seeks that. Fletcher is one of the good guys. Intrinsic leadership value in this league is hard to put a price tag on because teams rarely will pay for it. It's too bad because I think there are a lot of fans who really, really like players who "just play football".

Losing LF is a step back when you have so many other holes to fill, unless you believe every year is a re-building year, It never ends!

I would expect the Bills to make a reasonable effort to keep him. It might boil down more to length of deal than just money. I don't think the Bills would offer more than 2 years. You have to think his play will decline some as he gets older and more injury prone. Other teams might be willing to offer a longer deal which likely also means a bigger signing bonus. Marv clearly does not want to get locked into longer term deals with aging players and has preached that it is better to let a player go a year too early as opposed to a year too late. London might be at that point. A big hole to fill if they lose him. Anyone know if there are any other good, younger MLB's out there in free agency?

London Fletcher has poored his heart and soul into a team that hasn't even shown how much it should appreciate him. For London, I don't think it's about the money or how much of an extension, it's the fact that after playing for us for so long and giving every he has for the Bills, the message he is getting from Ralph and the others is that despite that not only is he replaceable, but will be replaced. London obviously is a loyal man, he deserves to get to finish his career here since he likes it in Buffalo.....but he won't get to.

We're sort of like the minor league farm club, developing stars for the big clubs.

Really the idea behind developing a winner is to fill roster holes faster than they open up. And with us possibly losing NC and LF, that's already two big ones to re-fill before we even start on improving ourselves