YOOOOOO's offseason v1.0

YOOOOOO

Re-sign: Clements, Fletcher, Gandy(move to RG), Lindell, Kiwaukee

Tender: Hargrove, Preston

Release: T.Anderson, Reyes, Greer, Price, Villarrial

Restructure: TKO

Sign FA's: Steinbach(LG), Shipp(RB), Crayton(WR -RFA), R.Smith(DT), Justin Griffith(FB)

Draft: A.Okoye(DT), K.Irons(RB), A.Sears(T/G), A.Water(LB), T.Duckworth(OG), D.Williams(WR)

--------------------------------

2007 Depth Chart

Offense

QB-- JP Losman, Kelly Holcomb, Craig Nall

RB-- Willis Mcgahee, Marcel Shipp, Kenny Irons

FB-- Justin Griffith, Brad Cieslak

WR-- Lee Evans, Patrick Crayton, Josh Reed, Roscoe Parrish, Deyon Williams, Sam Aiken

TE-- Robert Royal, Brad Cieslak, Kevin Everett

RT-- Terrance Pennington, Arron Sears, Brad Butler

RG-- Mike Gandy, Duke Preston,

C-- Melvin Fowler, Duke Preston

LG-- Eric Stienbach, Tim Duckworth, Aaron Merz

LT-- Jason Peters, Mike Gandy**

Defense

LE-- Aaron Schobel, Eric Powell

DT-- Robaire Smith, John McCargo,

DT-- Larry Triplett, Amobi Okoye, Kyle Williams

RE-- Ryan Denney, Anthony Hargrove

SLB- Takeo Spikes, Keith Ellison, Mario Haggan

MLB- London Fletcher, Anthony Waters, John DiGiorgio

WLB- Angelo Crowell, Josh Stamer

CB-- Nate Clements, Kiwaukee Thomas

CB-- Terrance Mcgee, Ashton Youboty

FS-- Ko Simpson, Jim Leonhard

SS-- Donte Whitner, Matt Bowen

K-- Rian Lindell

P-- Brian Moorman

I just don't see Clements signing here in any scenario. Somebody will break the bank for him in a way that Ralph doesn't even have dreams about. I'd consider giving Fletcher a 2 year deal, but only if there is not a better option in FA. Lindell just signed a 5 year contract. I have no problems with any of the guys you want to release except for maybe Greer & Price. Anderson, Reyes & Villarial bring nothing to the table. I like the TKO restructure, but not sure he would agree to it.

Sign FA's: Steinbach(LG), Shipp(RB), Crayton(WR -RFA), R.Smith(DT), Justin Griffith(FB)

Draft: A.Okoye(DT), K.Irons(RB), A.Sears(T/G), A.Water(LB), T.Duckworth(OG), D.Williams(WR)

[

NO WAY THAT HAPPENS!!!! :wallbash:

I just don't see Clements signing here in any scenario. Somebody will break the bank for him in a way that Ralph doesn't even have dreams about. I'd consider giving Fletcher a 2 year deal, but only if there is not a better option in FA. Lindell just signed a 5 year contract. I have no problems with any of the guys you want to release except for maybe Greer & Price. Anderson, Reyes & Villarial bring nothing to the table. I like the TKO restructure, but not sure he would agree to it.

Tag Clements and get something in return.

Irons is great and would be a steal in mid round 2. Yesterday, I surfed a few websites of some other NFL teams and saw a few posts similar to this for the Cowboys, Dolphins, Jags, etc and Steinbach's name was at the top of every list. The market will be huge for him and beyond Ralph's wallet. Hopefully, we draft an OG or I presume we pick up another retread like Reyes.

Please stop all the Clements talk - He is gone - If he was going to sign a long-term deal with us he would have done it last year !! :wallbash:

Last year going into the offseason we were a disaster....this year we have hope and seem to be headed in the right direction....big difference IMO

Last year going into the offseason we were a disaster....this year we have hope and seem to be headed in the right direction....big difference IMO

This is about the only hope I have of Nate sticking around.

The one guy I'd LOVE to see is Alan Branch, but if Marv is going for a DT...get someone in the draft. They won't get a big name in free agency.

Maybe also negotiate a trade to get rid of Willis and draft Irons...whaddaya think of THAT, Drew?? :oops:

Interesting in its thoroughness if nothing else. A brief look at this though raises the question for me what do you have in mind for Fowler at C who got a long term contract from us last year with a bonus which indicates the plan was to keep him here for a while.

Though his work would not be classified as great or the line even as very good by most, they clearly improved over last year's model and better play by Fowler replacing Teague was part of this improvement though the OL is not satisfactory yet.

Given you did not release him or put him anywhere what is the plan here.

2007 Depth Chart

Offense

QB-- JP Losman, Kelly Holcomb, Craig Nall

RB-- Willis Mcgahee, Marcel Shipp, Kenny Irons

FB-- Justin Griffith, Brad Cieslak

WR-- Lee Evans, Patrick Crayton, Josh Reed, Roscoe Parrish, Deyon Williams, Sam Aiken

TE-- Robert Royal, Brad Cieslak, Kevin Everett

RT-- Terrance Pennington, Arron Sears, Brad Butler

RG-- Mike Gandy, Duke Preston,

C-- Greg Eslinger, Duke Preston

LG-- Eric Stienbach, Tim Duckworth, Aaron Merz

LT-- Jason Peters, Mike Gandy**

Defense

LE-- Aaron Schobel, Eric Powell

DT-- Robaire Smith, John McCargo,

DT-- Larry Triplett, Amobi Okoye, Kyle Williams

RE-- Ryan Denney, Anthony Hargrove

SLB- Takeo Spikes, Keith Ellison, Mario Haggan

MLB- London Fletcher, Anthony Waters, John DiGiorgio

WLB- Angelo Crowell, Josh Stamer

CB-- Nate Clements, Kiwaukee Thomas

CB-- Terrance Mcgee, Ashton Youboty

FS-- Ko Simpson, Jim Leonhard

SS-- Donte Whitner, Matt Bowen

K-- Rian Lindell

P-- Brian Moorman

Interesting in its thoroughness if nothing else. A brief look at this though raises the question for me what do you have in mind for Fowler at C who got a long term contract from us last year with a bonus which indicates the plan was to keep him here for a while.

Though his work would not be classified as great or the line even as very good by most, they clearly improved over last year's model and better play by Fowler replacing Teague was part of this improvement though the OL is not satisfactory yet.

Given you did not release him or put him anywhere what is the plan here.

lol to edit my post......

I took my post from last year and forgot to edit the center position...good looking out :oops:

This is about the only hope I have of Nate sticking around.

The one guy I'd LOVE to see is Alan Branch, but if Marv is going for a DT...get someone in the draft. They won't get a big name in free agency.

Maybe also negotiate a trade to get rid of Willis and draft Irons...whaddaya think of THAT, Drew?? :oops:

Irons is way too small to be an effective runningback in the AFC East. You need to have a workhorse in this division and Irons' frail-like build would be a major negative.

Now how about trading Willis for a 2nd and using it on Penn State's Tony Hunt? Big dude who had a great bowl game today.

- - - Most certainly with London, Kiwaukee, and Gandy, but as stated above, No Clements.

- - - Hargrove is great, I'm not so sure about Duke.

- - - I think Villarial's done... he's great but he's old... Reyes, Anderson, Greer yes, Peerless!? no way, keep 'im

- - - Sure.

- - - Crayton will be heavily saught, could be a good pick up though. Smith is good, along with Marcell.

I like the idea of the team having London, Nate, and Steinbach, but I can't imagine any way the three happen. I don't think people have realized the inflation that this offseason will cause with the salary cap changes. IF somehow Ralph allows Marv to max out to the salary cap, I just don't see Nate and Steinbach together as a smart way to spend our monopoly money.

Nate played great this year, but is going to be overvalued by the market, and we have to make him our best offer, and move on when he accepts double that from somebody making a silly decision. Like the Oakland A's getting better as they let Giambi and Tejada walk, we need to be smarter than the biggest spenders.

I really want one or maybe two new guards (depending on if the draft/market allows us to find a second pickup better than Gandy), and we should definitely invite Steinbach to Buffalo and make him an offer, but again I don't think the highest bid will be ours or will be a smart football decision.

I really do want to see London stay. I think he has some good football left, and is our veteran defensive captain. I also don't think he will get the crazy offers Nate and Steinbach will, so hopefully this is more likely.

So I like the team you put together, I just don't think it has any chance of fitting under the salary cap.

If we are going to continue with the same defensive tackles and scheme, we should not re-sign London Fletcher. He is simply too small at MLB to play in this scheme, which accounts for our horrific run defense.

MLB's of his size need big Buddha's in the middle, who draw double teams and prevent the guards and centers from shooting out to block him.

If we stay with our present tackles then we need a bigger MLB with the size of a Jeremiah Trotter who can take on and shed blocks from Centers and guards.

Nevertheless, it will still be sad to see Fletch leave because he was a true warrior for this team

My impression, given the comments I've read from our coaches and front office...

There's no way we re-sign both Fletcher and Clements. I think the writing is on the wall for Fletcher. Fewell's comments, to me, were the most insightful: he covets Clements and recognizes Fletcher as a solid player. But I think the main consideration is that we are much better off with Clements and a new MLB than we would be with Fletcher and a new #1 CB. I really think we make a push for Clements, and Fletcher is let go.

I think a great offseason for us would be to re-sign Clements (and most other FAs besides Fletcher), sign a strong FA guard, and then use our #1 and #2 draft picks for a DT and a MLB.