My Buffalo Bills' Player Evaluations.

After each season, the coaches of the Bills evaluate each player. Well, I'm going to evaluate each starter. I'll give each player a grade based on their performance this year.

JP Losman- Losman gets an A for this year. He was a totally different quarterback from last year when he threw an interception to Troy Brown! JP is an extremely emotional guy and I think that is the type of leader the Bills need. I have a feeling that he is going to work very hard to improve his game and next year there will be a Buffalo Bills quarterback playing in Hawaii. PLAN- JP is the quarterback for years to come.

Willis McGahee- Willis gets a C. He did not even reach 1000 yds this season. I hope that he is still not 100% from his injury in college because if this is the real Willis McGahee we've been watching, then we Bills fans may have a bit of a problem (I'd tell Drew Rosenhaus shove that long term deal up his a$$). Here is Willis' typical run: once he gets the ball from JP, he dances like he's RUN DMC to the hole. If the makes it past the hole (most of the time he gets tackled in there) anyone tackles him! I think I can break more tackles than Willis McGahee. The guy needs to show more heart in his runs! PLAN- I'd draft or sign an agile/speedy back like Leon Washington and give Willis one more season to show me what he's got. If he doesn't impress, I'd start the speedy back. If Willis impresses, I'd offer him a long term deal.

Daimon Shelton- Daimon gets a C. He can block really well, but that is all he can do! I've seen more flying pigs than the amount of times that he has the ball in his hands! PLAN- Cut him and either start Cieslak (he's young and I think he could become a Chris Cooley type) or draft a balanced FB like Brian Leonard.

Lee Evans- Lee gets an A. Not only is he great on the field, but he is also a great guy. He put up Moulds like numbers in his first year of being the number one target of an NFL team. If it wasn't for him, we'd all want JP to get the F%^K out of Buffalo. He caught about 31% of JPs completions and 8 of his 19 touchdown passes. Lee Evans makes it easy for us Bills fans to Forget about the beloved Eric Moulds. PLAN- Keep him as the #1 wide reciever.

Peerless Price- I'd give Peerless a B. He didn't put up huge numbers, but he was the only veteran presence in the recieving corps. I'm sure he's taught all of the recievers a few things. I think is a decent player, but the Bills could use an upgrade at this position. PLAN- Draft a big reciever Day 1 (Dwayne Jarrett) or sign Drew Bennett.

Robert Royal- I'd give Robert a B. He seems to be a team leader who has a lot of heart. He can block very well and he is not a bad recieving threat. PLAN- Sign a TE like E.Johnson/D.Graham/J.Stevens or draft a recieving TE. Next year the Bills could play with a lot of two TE sets.

Jason Peters- I'd give this guy an A. I thank God every day that we re-signed him! He was the only steady and consistent player on the line. This guy is a top 5 LT in the NFL. PLAN- Keep him.

Mike Gandy- I'd give him a C. He sucked at RT but he was decent at LG. According to JP, he is the leader of the o-line. PLAN- Try to pursue a better LG in Free Agency. If the Bills can't find another LG, then re-sign Gandy.

Melvin Fowler- I'd give Melvin a B. He is another leader of the o-line. He is a little bit on the small side, so big DTs could have their way with him. At times he was solid and at times he was below-average. PLAN- Keep him, let him get another year with the system and McNally.

RG- I'd give these MFer's an F. Chris Villariall is a China Doll who couldn't block his grandma. Duke "Swiss Cheese" Preston was supposed to be good, but he blew! I know that these guys had to help out pennington, but this position was definitely the weak spot of the line. PLAN- Cut Villarial and try to sign Diehlman/DeMulling/Diehl/Dockery/Steinbach.

Terrance Pennington- I'd give him a B. For his rookie year, he really played well. He had some ups and downs and with the help of McNally, he will progress to be a pretty good player next year. PLAN- Keep him.

Kelsay/Denney/Hargrove- I'd give these guys an A. They had a combined 12 sacks. Denney is a high motor guy who is everywhere (54 tackles). Kelsay is another high motor guy (5.5 sacks). I think Marv made an excellent move in getting Anthony Hargrove for only a 5th round pick! He is young (23), he works hard, and he is one of the most entusiastic players I have ever seen! I think this guy will be a stud for years to come. PLAN- Don't resign Kelsay, the Bills are fine with Hargrove and Denney.

DT- I'd give these guys a C. Tripplett played well in his first year in the system. Kyle Williams is a very good player who is all over the place. Those two DTs are perfect for Bills Kollar and will only get better under his coaching. O yea...Tim Anderson blows. Lastly, John Mccargo will keep on getting better and hopefully next year he can step in and make an impact. PLAN- Draft a DT or sign Rod Coleman/Cory Redding.

Aaron Schobel- I am as happy as a pig in shyt knowing that he will be a Bill for years to come. Each year, he continues to stockpile sacks. PLAN- Keep Him.

Takeo Spikes- I'd give him an A (and I know a lot disagree with me). He just came off a torn achilles, so all off-season he was working his a$$ off. He never had any time to rest and recoup. So, he entered training camp sore and tired. He then hurt his hammy. But he battled through that and came back. His first few games were miserable. But week by week he progressed. In week 17, he led the team in tackles. PLAN- Keep him... Next year we'll see a Bigger, Faster, and Stronger Takeo Spikes.

London Fletcher- Fletch gets an A. He is one of the most underrated players in the league. He is a leader of this unit and every season he countinues to lead the team in tackles. He is all over the field making tackles or athletic interceptions. PLAN- Re-Sign him and let him retire as a Bill. If he can't be re-signed, then pursue Boss Bailey/Lance Briggs/Randall Godfrey/Cato June/Adalius Thomas.

Angelo Crowell- I'd give him an A. He played extremely well. He could come back as a beast of a linebacker next year. PLAN- Keep him.

Nate Clements- He gets an A. This year he didn't have too many interceptions, because the opposing quarterbacks could never find the reciever he was covering. Three words... shut down cornerback. PLAN- Attempt to re-sign him. If not, sign Harper from Indi and hope Mcgee/Youboty/Thomas could take over as the number one corner.

Terrence McGee- I'd give him a B. He is a great return man, and a good corner. This year he seemed to struggle a bit with Perry Fewell's scheme. But next year, he will know it more and become a mini Nate Clements.

Donte Whitner- I'd give him an A. Not many rookie safeties could be in on 105 tackles. As he gets more and more experience, he will get more and more better. Also, Rich Gannon said he'll be a star (take it for what it's worth). PLAN- Keep Him.

Ko Simpson- I'd give him an A. He is very athletic and with a year of experience under his belt, he will only get better. PLAN- Keep Him. He and Whitner will be one of the better safety combos in the NFL next year.

Moorman and Lindell- They're great. PLAN- Keep them.

2003...Your grading seems to be a WEE BIT generous. The only A's that I would be handing out would be for Evans, Moorman, Lindell & Peters, with an A- or B+ for Schobel & Clements. The rest of the high grades you gave out are belated Christmas gifts.

If I was guessing the Bills record based on this, I would say 10-6 or 11-5.

2003...Your grading seems to be a WEE BIT generous. The only A's that I would be handing out would be for Evans, Moorman, Lindell & Peters, with an A- or B+ for Schobel & Clements. The rest of the high grades you gave out are belated Christmas gifts.

If I was guessing the Bills record based on this, I would say 10-6 or 11-5.

I would tend to agree....but it also seems like he's grading them out with all things considered, as opposed to absolute terms. For example, if someone like Whitner had the same performance three years from now, he'd grade out lower because he wouldn't have the 'rookie' status to keep in mind. I think we tend to forget how much youth and/or 'newness' was on our defense this year. I think given the circumstances, I can agree with the grades he gave.

My only point of contention was when he said, "McCargo will continue to get better".....better than what?? lol He's been injured pretty much all year

I would tend to agree....but it also seems like he's grading them out with all things considered, as opposed to absolute terms. For example, if someone like Whitner had the same performance three years from now, he'd grade out lower because he wouldn't have the 'rookie' status to keep in mind. I think we tend to forget how much youth and/or 'newness' was on our defense this year. I think given the circumstances, I can agree with the grades he gave.

My only point of contention was when he said, "McCargo will continue to get better".....better than what?? lol He's been injured pretty much all year

That is exactly how I graded these guys. I tried to be as considerate as possible. Also, I think that McCargo will improve his game from the beginning of the year. In the beginning of the year he didn't do much. But most young DTs take a few years to develop, so look out for a better John McCargo in 07'08'.

After each season, the coaches of the Bills evaluate each player. Well, I'm going to evaluate each starter. I'll give each player a grade based on their performance this year.

JP Losman- Losman gets an A for this year. He was a totally different quarterback from last year when he threw an interception to Troy Brown! JP is an extremely emotional guy and I think that is the type of leader the Bills need. I have a feeling that he is going to work very hard to improve his game and next year there will be a Buffalo Bills quarterback playing in Hawaii. PLAN- JP is the quarterback for years to come.

Willis McGahee- Willis gets a C. He did not even reach 1000 yds this season. I hope that he is still not 100% from his injury in college because if this is the real Willis McGahee we've been watching, then we Bills fans may have a bit of a problem (I'd tell Drew Rosenhaus shove that long term deal up his a$$). Here is Willis' typical run: once he gets the ball from JP, he dances like he's RUN DMC to the hole. If the makes it past the hole (most of the time he gets tackled in there) anyone tackles him! I think I can break more tackles than Willis McGahee. The guy needs to show more heart in his runs! PLAN- I'd draft or sign an agile/speedy back like Leon Washington and give Willis one more season to show me what he's got. If he doesn't impress, I'd start the speedy back. If Willis impresses, I'd offer him a long term deal.

Daimon Shelton- Daimon gets a C. He can block really well, but that is all he can do! I've seen more flying pigs than the amount of times that he has the ball in his hands! PLAN- Cut him and either start Cieslak (he's young and I think he could become a Chris Cooley type) or draft a balanced FB like Brian Leonard.

Lee Evans- Lee gets an A. Not only is he great on the field, but he is also a great guy. He put up Moulds like numbers in his first year of being the number one target of an NFL team. If it wasn't for him, we'd all want JP to get the F%^K out of Buffalo. He caught about 31% of JPs completions and 8 of his 19 touchdown passes. Lee Evans makes it easy for us Bills fans to Forget about the beloved Eric Moulds. PLAN- Keep him as the #1 wide reciever.

Peerless Price- I'd give Peerless a B. He didn't put up huge numbers, but he was the only veteran presence in the recieving corps. I'm sure he's taught all of the recievers a few things. I think is a decent player, but the Bills could use an upgrade at this position. PLAN- Draft a big reciever Day 1 (Dwayne Jarrett) or sign Drew Bennett.

Robert Royal- I'd give Robert a B. He seems to be a team leader who has a lot of heart. He can block very well and he is not a bad recieving threat. PLAN- Sign a TE like E.Johnson/D.Graham/J.Stevens or draft a recieving TE. Next year the Bills could play with a lot of two TE sets.

Jason Peters- I'd give this guy an A. I thank God every day that we re-signed him! He was the only steady and consistent player on the line. This guy is a top 5 LT in the NFL. PLAN- Keep him.

Mike Gandy- I'd give him a C. He sucked at RT but he was decent at LG. According to JP, he is the leader of the o-line. PLAN- Try to pursue a better LG in Free Agency. If the Bills can't find another LG, then re-sign Gandy.

Melvin Fowler- I'd give Melvin a B. He is another leader of the o-line. He is a little bit on the small side, so big DTs could have their way with him. At times he was solid and at times he was below-average. PLAN- Keep him, let him get another year with the system and McNally.

RG- I'd give these MFer's an F. Chris Villariall is a China Doll who couldn't block his grandma. Duke "Swiss Cheese" Preston was supposed to be good, but he blew! I know that these guys had to help out pennington, but this position was definitely the weak spot of the line. PLAN- Cut Villarial and try to sign Diehlman/DeMulling/Diehl/Dockery/Steinbach.

Terrance Pennington- I'd give him a B. For his rookie year, he really played well. He had some ups and downs and with the help of McNally, he will progress to be a pretty good player next year. PLAN- Keep him.

Kelsay/Denney/Hargrove- I'd give these guys an A. They had a combined 12 sacks. Denney is a high motor guy who is everywhere (54 tackles). Kelsay is another high motor guy (5.5 sacks). I think Marv made an excellent move in getting Anthony Hargrove for only a 5th round pick! He is young (23), he works hard, and he is one of the most entusiastic players I have ever seen! I think this guy will be a stud for years to come. PLAN- Don't resign Kelsay, the Bills are fine with Hargrove and Denney.

DT- I'd give these guys a C. Tripplett played well in his first year in the system. Kyle Williams is a very good player who is all over the place. Those two DTs are perfect for Bills Kollar and will only get better under his coaching. O yea...Tim Anderson blows. Lastly, John Mccargo will keep on getting better and hopefully next year he can step in and make an impact. PLAN- Draft a DT or sign Rod Coleman/Cory Redding.

Aaron Schobel- I am as happy as a pig in shyt knowing that he will be a Bill for years to come. Each year, he continues to stockpile sacks. PLAN- Keep Him.

Takeo Spikes- I'd give him an A (and I know a lot disagree with me). He just came off a torn achilles, so all off-season he was working his a$$ off. He never had any time to rest and recoup. So, he entered training camp sore and tired. He then hurt his hammy. But he battled through that and came back. His first few games were miserable. But week by week he progressed. In week 17, he led the team in tackles. PLAN- Keep him... Next year we'll see a Bigger, Faster, and Stronger Takeo Spikes.

London Fletcher- Fletch gets an A. He is one of the most underrated players in the league. He is a leader of this unit and every season he countinues to lead the team in tackles. He is all over the field making tackles or athletic interceptions. PLAN- Re-Sign him and let him retire as a Bill. If he can't be re-signed, then pursue Boss Bailey/Lance Briggs/Randall Godfrey/Cato June/Adalius Thomas.

Angelo Crowell- I'd give him an A. He played extremely well. He could come back as a beast of a linebacker next year. PLAN- Keep him.

Nate Clements- He gets an A. This year he didn't have too many interceptions, because the opposing quarterbacks could never find the reciever he was covering. Three words... shut down cornerback. PLAN- Attempt to re-sign him. If not, sign Harper from Indi and hope Mcgee/Youboty/Thomas could take over as the number one corner.

Terrence McGee- I'd give him a B. He is a great return man, and a good corner. This year he seemed to struggle a bit with Perry Fewell's scheme. But next year, he will know it more and become a mini Nate Clements.

Donte Whitner- I'd give him an A. Not many rookie safeties could be in on 105 tackles. As he gets more and more experience, he will get more and more better. Also, Rich Gannon said he'll be a star (take it for what it's worth). PLAN- Keep Him.

Ko Simpson- I'd give him an A. He is very athletic and with a year of experience under his belt, he will only get better. PLAN- Keep Him. He and Whitner will be one of the better safety combos in the NFL next year.

With all these A's, exactly did the Bills not make the playoffs?

Many of your A's were B-'s or C+'s. Way too generous with the grading!

I agree with most of your post. Considering where this team was supposed to be i was more than happy with their performance this year. I give this team as a whole a A+ for heart and a never die attitude when we lacked the talent of other teams

Damm right!!

A :)

I think Losman, Whitner, Simpson, Kyle Williams and McCargo are work in progress and should not really get a grade.

Evans showed that he belongs in the elite class of WRs and is the true MVP of this team and deserves an A.

The run defense of this team was one of the worst in the NFL and one of the worst effort by a Bills defense. I cannot give an A to the MLB of that defense. Fletcher was good against coverage but his run stuffing suffered. He is not a sideline to sideline pursuer.

Nate Clements had a horrible 1st half of the season. He came on strong in the 2nd half. That however does not merit an A.

Gandy will be re-signed. The Bills will not be pursuing high priced FA, especially when they are not going to re-sign their own high priced FAs. If you had to choose between Gandy and another midlevel FA guard, I would rather have Gandy for the continuity on the line.

Pennington has a while to go before being a good RT. He cannot be called a good player until we can run on both the sides.

Levy gets the credit for actually pulling the deal. But give Bill Kolar (bill's d-line coach and Hargroves old coach in St louis) credit for noticing Hargrove went A.W.O.L in St Louis and telling front office that the kid was a player and would be good addition to the squad. I really like what I saw from Hargrove and with Denny's improved play this year the bills have solid DE rotation to work with. As a side note heading into the season i was really concerned about the Bill's DE's situation especially considering the ineffective DT's we have. But all things considered the DE were a real pleasant surprisefor me this year.

I wish you graded my homework when I was in school. Robert Royal was not a good tight end this year, Did you see Tennessee game where he leaped out of bounds, or all the passes he dropped this year. This should be one of our main areas to try and upgrade in the offseason. You're right on Takeo where he gets an A - as in absent he really has no impact this season

Our DEs get As?????????????????????????????????

Its deluded thinking like that that perpetuates the culture of losing in buffalo.