Greetings from Tennessee

vinceyoungfan

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HA HA  that's funny.  I think last week we had about 10 Jag fans on our board (titansonline.com) telling us the same thing.  I bet they felt silly coming back after the game to eat crow.  :rolleyes:  <_<

871246[/snapback]

Jags fans did the same with us...

and then the Jets fans...

and then the Dolphins fans...

Bring on the Titans. :rolleyes:

You could also readily admit you were wrong.

I couldn't stand Travis Henry while he was here, but his fumbling problem seems to have abated, and he is doing well there since his drug suspension. He might even at some point have the IQ of a 4 year old. Who knows.

That said, I readily admit that Travis could present a problem for us. He was always dangerous when he had a head of steam, and the Bills run defense is suspect. They need to think of something to contain him, and perhaps force him to fumble yet again.

871258[/snapback]

HA HA  that's funny.  I think last week we had about 10 Jag fans on our board (titansonline.com) telling us the same thing.  I bet they felt silly coming back after the game to eat crow.  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

871246[/snapback]

Yeah and you really whooped those guys with all over the place with your 98 yards of offense while giving up 396 yards. You guys got really really lucky and shouldn't have even been in that game, and VY made that terrific decision to throw the ball on third down instead of taking the sack and letting the clock run down. VY playing in windy Buffalo with his "mechanics" is going to really struggle and I'll be looking forward to him turning the ball over at least twice. Other than that welcome and we will be beating your ass on sunday.

I think we will be, myself. I have nothing against the Titans at all, and I became a Vince Young fan when I saw him almost singlehandedly beat pretty boy Leinart and the Trojans for the National Championship. But I expect us to win this game comfortably.

Bills 31

Titans 17

871257[/snapback]

While Vince had a great game Reggie Bush's throw back attempt of his own actually cost the Trojans the national title game.

Recent performance wouldn't dictate that it's that clear that Willis is a better back.

Your prognostications were that Travis is SO bad that he would be out of the league in short time. You were dead wrong on that.

You then continued to harp on his IQ or lack thereof... good thing our current RB is a rocket scientist.

:rolleyes:

Or not. I am happy with the 3rd round pick we got for him, and think that Willis is clearly a better back.

If you disagree, that is fine too.

871305[/snapback]

talk all the smack you want boys. When our O's can't do it on the field our D's take over. 5 games won in a row. we must be doing something right. :rolleyes:

Like I said earlier, the Jags fan thought this would be a really easy game for their team and my team proved them wrong.

It's going to be a good game. Best of luck to your team!

http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22190

http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22169

Hello Bills fans... Before I start talking smack, I might add that I was a huge Bills fan when I was a kid in the early 90s. Obviously, when Nashville got their own team, I jumped ship. If I had to have a second fav team, it is probably Buffalo. Although, you guys haven't really had anything to cheer for a very long time.

Vince didn't have his best game last week against a very good defense. The Titans have had the league's toughest schedule to date. Vince should bounce back this week. Fisher believes he is just a little tired, and told him to rest as much as possible this week.

Scouting reports on the Titans:

Titans have a strong running game with an excellent young offensive line. This team is HOT, winning its last 5 games in extraordinary fashion. We play a lot of zone defense and like to drop back into coverage on 3rd and long. Pacman Jones is an elite CB. He is also a dynamic KR/PR. Titans have a very good special teams. In returning and covering kicks as well.

I'm sure we'll play a lot of cover 2 for the game with Pacman matched up on Evans most of the game.

Vince has bounced back from every bad game he's had the whole year. I expect him to do the same this week.

Titans by 10

Titans 27

Bills 17

Hello Bills fans... Before I start talking smack, I might add that I was a huge Bills fan when I was a kid in the early 90s. Obviously, when Nashville got their own team, I jumped ship. If I had to have a second fav team, it is probably Buffalo. Although, you guys haven't really had anything to cheer for a very long time.

Vince didn't have his best game last week against a very good defense. The Titans have had the league's toughest schedule to date. Vince should bounce back this week. Fisher believes he is just a little tired, and told him to rest as much as possible this week.

Scouting reports on the Titans:

Titans have a strong running game with an excellent young offensive line. This team is HOT, winning its last 5 games in extraordinary fashion. We play a lot of zone defense and like to drop back into coverage on 3rd and long. Pacman Jones is an elite CB. He is also a dynamic KR/PR. Titans have a very good special teams. In returning and covering kicks as well.

I'm sure we'll play a lot of cover 2 for the game with Pacman matched up on Evans most of the game.

Vince has bounced back from every bad game he's had the whole year. I expect him to do the same this week.

Titans by 10

Titans 27

Bills 17

872243[/snapback]

Dude, I respect your team's resurgence, but be serious, you are going to play in December on the road in Buffalo where Vince Young has little experience in this weather while Losman excels in this type of climate. Be reasonable, we're not losing by 10. We almost beat the Chargers if not for a few calls that went against us. We have also been stopping all of the teams' hot streaks (see Jets, Miami). I'm not saying we will definitely win, but don't take the Bills too lightly....you might get dissapointed. Anyway, it should make for an exciting game.

BlueFire?  :wallbash:

871212[/snapback]

:(

I'll be rooting for my boy Vince throughout his career, 'cept for this week! I certainly miss him at Texas though, we'd be playing right now for the natl champ if we had him I'd think.

Anyway, I do think that while it should be a good game between two somewhat similar teams, I think that the Bills are just a hair better than the Titans at this point.

Go Buffalo!

Recent performance wouldn't dictate that it's that clear that Willis is a better back.

Your prognostications were that Travis is SO bad that he would be out of the league in short time.  You were dead wrong on that.

You then continued to harp on his IQ or lack thereof... good thing our current RB is a rocket scientist.

:wallbash:

871356[/snapback]

Since 2005 (after the Henry trade):

Yards Rushing:

Willis: 2,119

Travis: 1,309

Yards Receiving:

Willis: 314

Trwavis: 99

Touchdowns:

Willis: 10

Travis 7

Drug Suspensions:

Willis 0

Travis: 1

Besides your mouth should be wide open, singing the praise of the Bills this week, whereas Travis is on the opposing team. After the game, just re-insert Travis. :(

Welcome. I'm a tennesseeboy, and I am a fan of TH. I have to admit the Titans are my second favorite team. But, believe me its a distant second. And believe me...if we get ahead with less than 20 seconds left and we have to kickoff to you don't even THINK of doing anything funny!!!! :(

young offensive line. This team is HOT, winning its last 5 games in extraordinary fashion. We play a lot of zone defense and like to drop back into coverage on 3rd and long. Titans have a very good special teams. In returning and covering kicks as well.

I'm sure we'll play a lot of cover 2 for the game

872243[/snapback]

Are you talking about the Titans or the Bills? :(

HA HA  that's funny.  I think last week we had about 10 Jag fans on our board (titansonline.com) telling us the same thing.  I bet they felt silly coming back after the game to eat crow.  :)  0:)

871246[/snapback]

It wasnt your offense that did anything. I mean comon, 98 TOTAL OFFENSIVE YARD :oops: Jax had 4 times as many yards. The only reason you all won is because Jax gave the ball to your team four times. At the worst times, I might add. :( You should be thanking Garrard for the early christmas presents. :wallbash:

You can rest assured JP Losman isnt going to be as generous. So the way I see it,

Bills 24

Titans 3

Henry wasn't starting after the trade so that is a bogus comparison. He had to share carries with Chris Brown. How about an apples to apples comparison, THIS year? Travis and Willis have virtually the SAME number of carries (224 vs 226). As indicted by these numbers, your assertion that Willis is a far superior back aren't accurate IMO. Sure I too like the 3rd round pick we got for him -- just pointing out that your bias against Travis was unfounded, that's all.

Yards Rushing:

Willis: 872

Travis: 974

Yards per Carry:

Willis: 3.9

Travis: 4.3

Yards Receiving:

Willis: 136

Travis: 75

Touchdowns:

Willis: 5

Travis 7

Since 2005 (after the Henry trade):

Yards Rushing:

Willis:  2,119

Travis: 1,309

Yards Receiving:

Willis:    314

Trwavis:  99

Touchdowns:

Willis:  10

Travis    7

Drug Suspensions:

Willis  0

Travis: 1

Besides your mouth should be wide open, singing the praise of the Bills this week, whereas Travis is on the opposing team. After the game, just re-insert Travis.  :(

872423[/snapback]