Willis:    314

Trwavis:  99

Touchdowns:

Willis:  10

Travis    7

Drug Suspensions:

Willis  0

Travis: 1

Besides your mouth should be wide open, singing the praise of the Bills this week, whereas Travis is on the opposing team. After the game, just re-insert Travis.  :(

872423[/snapback]

Geez bill, you conveniently forgot to point out that WM played 28 games while TH played about 22. WM had a 3.9 yard average both years while TH went from 3.8 to 4.3. fumbles Willis 4 Travis 5. Sounds more and more like we traded a first round pick for pretty much what we had. I like Willis, but he and Travis are about the same value in my book. Remember as well that only one of the two has been to the Pro Bowl yet...Travis.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't bring facts into this, please.

:nana:

Geez bill, you conveniently forgot to point out that WM played 28 games while TH played  about 22.  WM had a 3.9 yard average both years while TH went from 3.8 to 4.3.  fumbles Willis 4 Travis 5.  Sounds more and more like we traded a first round pick for pretty much what we had.  I like Willis, but he and Travis are about the same value in my book.  Remember as well that only one of the two has been to the Pro Bowl yet...Travis.

872486[/snapback]

Dude, I respect your team's resurgence, but be serious, you are going to play in December on the road in Buffalo where Vince Young has little experience in this weather while Losman excels in this type of climate. Be reasonable, we're not losing by 10. We almost beat the Chargers if not for a few calls that went against us. We have also been stopping all of the teams' hot streaks (see Jets, Miami). I'm not saying we will definitely win, but don't take the Bills too lightly....you might get dissapointed. Anyway, it should make for an exciting game.

872396[/snapback]

Well, using your logic, this should be easy because we barely lost to Baltimore. And they beat SD.. This is why you play the game.

We have lost 2 games this year by 1 point, and 2 more less than 5. So using your logic, we should be 11-3 right now. Good thing we play the games.

As long as Losman doesn't throw to Pac's side, he'll do fine. Our other CB is not so great. Good thing, Clements would be a nice upgrade opposite Pac.

Don't worry. After playing the Jags twice, the Colts twice, and the NFL's HARDEST schedule, I don't have to worry. Every week is a dog fight here.

I like the Bills, but like I said, Vince doesn't have two bad games in a row. Go ahead and play your Tampa 2... See what happened to Indi using that scheme? Your best DE will be stopped by our stud Tackles... Vince will run wild if that's the case. You guys don't have a great defense. Don't get your head twisted... :nana:

Don't worry. After playing the Jags twice, the Colts twice, and the NFL's HARDEST schedule, I don't have to worry. Every week is a dog fight here.

NFL's hardest schedule? According to whom?

Mike Greenfield? Uhm, nope. Titans are 3rd, Bills are 5th.

Winning Percentage? Hrm, no, Titans aren't in the top 5, Bills are less than halfway.

So how do the Titans have the NFL's HARDEST schedule, exactly?

I like the Bills, but like I said, Vince doesn't have two bad games in a row.

And you've deduced this from 11 career starts, eh? Saying he'll never had two bad games in a row after 11 career starts is stretching it.

Go ahead and play your Tampa 2... See what happened to Indi using that scheme?

You mean they lost to you once and beat you once? Oh noe, I guess a 50% winning percentage of another team that uses a similar (but not the same) scheme means that the Bills will automagically play bad on defense. :nana:

Your best DE will be stopped by our stud Tackles...

Michael Roos? Yeah, he's such a stud, theres no way our pro-bowl DE will beat him.

Vince will run wild if that's the case. You guys don't have a great defense. Don't get your head twisted...  ;)

872595[/snapback]

Tennessee: 7-7 Buffalo: 7-7. Both started slowly, and are playing much better now. To think that one team is way better than the other at this point is to look at it with plenty of bias

Tennessee: 7-7  Buffalo: 7-7.  Both started 0-4, and are playing much better now.  To think that one team is way better than the other at this point is to look at it with plenty of bias

872629[/snapback]

I thought Buffalo started 2-4, not 0-4.

Geez bill, you conveniently forgot to point out that WM played 28 games while TH played  about 22.  WM had a 3.9 yard average both years while TH went from 3.8 to 4.3.  fumbles Willis 4 Travis 5.  Sounds more and more like we traded a first round pick for pretty much what we had.  I like Willis, but he and Travis are about the same value in my book.  Remember as well that only one of the two has been to the Pro Bowl yet...Travis.

872486[/snapback]

You conveniently forget to point out the fact that only one has been accused of statuatory rape...travis.

NFL's hardest schedule?  According to whom?

Mike Greenfield? Uhm, nope.  Titans are 3rd, Bills are 5th.

Winning Percentage?  Hrm, no, Titans aren't in the top 5, Bills are less than halfway.

So how do the Titans have the NFL's HARDEST schedule, exactly?

And you've deduced this from 11 career starts, eh?  Saying he'll never had two bad games in a row after 11 career starts is stretching it.

You mean they lost to you once and beat you once?  Oh noe, I guess a 50% winning percentage of another team that uses a similar (but not the same) scheme means that the Bills will automagically play bad on defense.  ;)

Michael Roos? Yeah, he's such a stud, theres no way our pro-bowl DE will beat him.

Tennessee: 7-7  Buffalo: 7-7.  Both started slowly, and are playing much better now.  To think that one team is way better than the other at this point is to look at it with plenty of bias

872629[/snapback]

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/nfl06.htm

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread...hlight=schedule

Before the season, we were scheduled the 5th hardest schedule based on 2005 rankings. However, as it is, our opponents winning percentage is higher than any other team.

:nana:

Besides,,, you guys are ranked what 30th in rush defense? You should be very scared... :doh:

Before the season, we were scheduled the 5th hardest schedule based on 2005 rankings. However, as it is, our opponents winning percentage is higher than any other team.

Hrm, according to another forum post I saw, they said that page was updated throughout the season. Guess it wasn't!

Besides,,, you guys are ranked what 30th in rush defense? You should be very scared...  :nana:

872674[/snapback]

Just like Jacksonville, right? They have an even better rushing defense than you guys do.

(Oh, and Tennessee is 30th in Rush Defense in the NFL, Buffalo is 27th).

Thanks for stopping in.  :nana:

I couldn't stand Travis Henry while he was here, but his fumbling problem seems to have abated, and he is doing well there since his drug suspension. He might even at some point have the IQ of a 4 year old. Who knows.

That said, I readily admit that Travis could present a problem for us. He was always dangerous when he had a head of steam, and the Bills run defense is suspect. They need to think of something to contain him, and perhaps force him to fumble yet again.

Our DEs will present a problem for Young, mobile or not. Brad Hopkins is no longer there to seal off the blindside, and Schobel is very likely to exploit your LT. The guys on the other side (Kelsay and Denney) are in their prime and are dangerous pass rushers.

Your secondary need beware of Evans. He is coming into his own, and very hard to cover. JP has the arm to reach him deep.

This will be a great game imo. I too hope that there are no injuries on either side.

871258[/snapback]

No problem. Allow me to help. I'm bringing Mrs. Ferguson's 8th Grade Choir to the game from the Midvale School for Wayward Girls and Harlots. I arranged for them to have seats on the 40 yard line. Travis won't get past the 50 all day. He'll trip over his Johnson on the way to the bench and will remain in the locker room at halftime with the trainers making him take an ice bath in the whirlpool to keep the swelling down. He'll be listed as doubtful for the second half.

Is it just me, or does Pacman Jones have like a really big head?  Or at least a really big helmet?  I mean seriously, look at him.  His head dwarfs his body.

871347[/snapback]

Its like Kelso's Helmet, except, it ain't the helmet!

Under MM/TD I could see the team taking this game for granted, but with Marv and Dick, two old school coaches, and a young hungry team, playing at home with dream of suger plum playoff bids dance in their heads.

Enjoy your stay Titan fans - your day will come, but it shant be this day :nana:

Geez bill, you conveniently forgot to point out that WM played 28 games while TH played  about 22.

Actually, I think he covered that under the "drug suspensions" statistic. ;)

You conveniently forget to point out the fact that only one has been accused of statuatory rape...travis.

C'mon, she said she was 18. What was he supposed to do, ask to see her I.D.?

No problem. Allow me to help. I'm bringing Mrs. Ferguson's 8th Grade Choir to the game from the Midvale School for Wayward Girls and Harlots. I arranged for them to have seats on the 40 yard line. Travis won't get past the 50 all day. He'll trip over his Johnson on the way to the bench and will remain in the locker room at halftime with the trainers making him take an ice bath in the whirlpool to keep the swelling down. He'll be listed as doubtful for the second half.

Truly, truly evil. :nana:

I'm going to go ahead and say Vince Young has had a few bad games back to back.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=7752

His two sub 50 QB Rating games were pretty bad. His 30 QB rating that he followed up with two games in the 60s wasn't much better. His 8 game streak of not completing more than 52% of his passes wasn't a good streak.

But if you want to think he's never had bad back to back games, that's cool.

Henry wasn't starting after the trade so that is a bogus comparison.  He had to share carries with Chris Brown.  How about an apples to apples comparison, THIS year? Travis and Willis have virtually the SAME number of carries (224 vs 226).  As indicted by these numbers, your assertion that Willis is a far superior back aren't accurate IMO.  Sure I too like the 3rd round pick we got for him -- just pointing out that your bias against Travis was unfounded, that's all.

Yards Rushing:

Willis: 872

Travis: 974

Yards per Carry:

Willis: 3.9

Travis: 4.3

Yards Receiving:

Willis: 136

Travis: 75

Touchdowns:

Willis:  5

Travis  7

872479[/snapback]

What about missed blocks, and boneheaded plays???

How in the hell did a guy who barely completes 50% of his passes m

ake it as an alternate QB for the Pro Bowl?!? This Vince Young media boner will dry up quickly when people start realizing that he's Akili Smith on a lucky streak.

872907[/snapback]

Akili Smith?!! :nana: