Greetings from Tennessee

vinceyoungfan

Henry wasn't starting after the trade so that is a bogus comparison.  He had to share carries with Chris Brown.  How about an apples to apples comparison, THIS year? Travis and Willis have virtually the SAME number of carries (224 vs 226).  As indicted by these numbers, your assertion that Willis is a far superior back aren't accurate IMO.  Sure I too like the 3rd round pick we got for him -- just pointing out that your bias against Travis was unfounded, that's all.

Yards Rushing:

Willis: 872

Travis: 974

Yards per Carry:

Willis: 3.9

Travis: 4.3

Yards Receiving:

Willis: 136

Travis: 75

Touchdowns:

Willis:  5

Travis  7

872479[/snapback]

You can pretty much fit stats to fit any argument.

Willis vs Travis common opponents 2006

Travis vs jets/dolphins

Jets- 9 22 2.4ypc- 2 TDS

Mia- 21 60 2.8 ypc- 0 tds

Travis vs Jax

19 67 3.5ypc 0 tds

12 37 3ypc- 0 tds

Total of travis vs common opponents- 61 carries 186 yards 3ypc 2 tds

Willis vs jets/dolphins

Jets- 26 150 5.7ypc 0 tds

Jets2- 16 125 7.8 YPC 1 td

Mia- 25-91 3.6ypc 0 tds

Mia2- 28- 79 2.8ypc 0 tds

Willis vs Jax

12-63 5.2ypc 2 tds

Total of Willis vs common henry opponents- 107 carries 508 yards 4.7ypc 3 tds

This probably doesn't prove much of anything but I figured it's just as good of a comparison as any other. Had Willis played in the houston or indy game there would be more of a valid comparison vs common opponents. Personally I like both of them, but give me a healthy mcgahee over henry. I just think he has more to offer.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Akili Smith?!!  :nana:

872916[/snapback]

Yeah, now he's done it. Unleash your pro-Vince Young campaign which includes commercials, billboards, and other forms of political marketing tools.

I think you can take this one. He has no idea what he's getting into. ;)

Geez bill, you conveniently forgot to point out that WM played 28 games while TH played  about 22.  WM had a 3.9 yard average both years while TH went from 3.8 to 4.3.  fumbles Willis 4 Travis 5.  Sounds more and more like we traded a first round pick for pretty much what we had.  I like Willis, but he and Travis are about the same value in my book.  Remember as well that only one of the two has been to the Pro Bowl yet...Travis.

872486[/snapback]

OK TB, but you constantly overlook the fact that as soon as Travis was benched in 04, the Bills started winning.

I don't know what he is doing in Tenn., other than the stats. Perhaps he's no longer missing blocks, dropping passes, running incorrect routes, missing team flights, or sleeping with kids. If so, good for him, although drugs are clearly now an issue, because one more bad test is a year suspension, no?

In my other post, I did praise his running ability. His style scares me, because he is very hard to tackle with a head of steam, and we are not strong at DT.

He DOES also have 28 career fumbles. Perhaps a return to RWS will bring back his old habits, like when in the year 2002, he fumbled 11 times and lost 8 of them.

I would NEVER hope for a player to be injured, but I hope that he takes some serious hits and coughs the football up once again.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, now he's done it. Unleash your pro-Vince Young campaign which includes commercials, billboards, and other forms of political marketing tools.

I think you can take this one. He has no idea what he's getting into. :lol:

872922[/snapback]

Ok, I need a new laptop now. :rolleyes:

How in the hell did a guy who barely completes 50% of his passes make it as an alternate QB for the Pro Bowl?!? This Vince Young media boner will dry up quickly when people start realizing that he's Akili Smith on a lucky streak.

872907[/snapback]

NFL.comSee Michael Vick.

Besides, if you want a more accurate picture of Vince, read this article.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor...ht&lid=tab4pos1

I personally believe he doesn't belong in the pro bowl this year. The beginning of his season was shaky. He's done nothing by steadily improve all year long month after month. His completion % over the past 4 game is 63%.

Oh... I'm not all all concerned about Schobel. We have an absolute stud LT. You might not have heard of him, but he is already considered one of the best young LTs in the game.

Michael Roos. (2nd round pick last year)

He hasn't given up many sacks this year. He's way better than Hopkins ever was. In fact, Hopkins retired because Roos was going to supplant him this year.

Oh... I'm not all all concerned about Schobel. We have an absolute stud LT. You might not have heard of him, but he is already considered one of the best young LTs in the game.

He hasn't given up many sacks this year. He's way better than Hopkins ever was. In fact, Hopkins retired because Roos was going to supplant him this year.

873339[/snapback]

We will see on Sunday when Schobel rips him a new one.

873339[/snapback]

Better than Hopkins ever was? :worthy::lol::thumbsup::rolleyes:

No offense, but seriously, how long have you been watching football? Hopkins was a flat out excellent LT before age caught up to him. He couldn't compete with Ogden or Pace (the greatest of all imo), but he was absolutey a fine LT in both pass and run blocking. I doubt if almost any rookie in NFL history was "better than Hopkins ever was." You need to downshift just a gear or 2.

Tell ya what.....check out our LT Jason Peters, and tell me if you like your rookie better than him. I in turn will keep my eye on your guy. Let's talk about it after the game, fair enough?

Oh, and "not concerned about Schobel?" He will be providing pressure the entire game, as will 2, perhaps even 3 other defensive ends. You DO have a great coach in Fischer, and you can bet that HE takes Schobel seriously.

His completion % over the past 4 game is 63%.

873336[/snapback]

Instead of looking at the completion % alone, you also need to look at the opponents. One of the reasons that Young had better completion percentage in last 4 games is that he faced bad pass defenses.

Young's completion % of last 4 games are:

JAC: 53.3%

HOU: 65.5%

IND: 60%

NYG: 68.6%

The numbers look good. However, if I add the "average completion percentage against" of these four defenses, you'll be able to find out that Young actually only had one excellent game (NYG) on completion %. This game happened to be the only game Young has QB rating over 100, his ratings on the other three games are between 70.1 and 73.6.

JAC: 53.3% (54.5%)

HOU: 65.5% (63.7%)

IND: 60% (65.2%)

NYG: 68.6% (59.2%)

Just for fun, I also list Young's completion % before the NYG game:

PHI: 36.4% (59.0%)

BAL: 52% (55.6%)

Hey great fans of the Buffalo Bills.  I decided to drop in and say hello.  I'm not here to talk smack either.  I really don't know much about your team to be honest except  our running back used to play for your team.  I would like to learn more about your team if you have time to share your thoughts. 

Us Titan fans (well majority of us)  are very pleased with what has happened the last 5 weeks.  People predicted our team would only win two games this year. WOW they were wrong.  I'm very happy with Vince Young.  Regardless what anyone says I really think the reason our team is playing harder is because of him.  He's a leader and that motivates the team to play to win. 

Well I have to leave but I will be back. 

Here's to a good game this weekend with no injuries.  Good luck to your team.

871208[/snapback]

Should be a great game, usually is