19,000 Titans vs Bills Tickets left

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few numbers, courtesy of the media guide...

First, let it be known that the Bills hardly ever have a home game during Christmas week, much less on Christmas Eve itself. Before the 2003 Miami game (on 12/21 of that year), I had to go back to 1996 to find a home game played between Dec. 21th-24th.

The list:

12-22-1996 - Bills 20, Chiefs 9. Win-or-go-home game for a wild-card spot. Attendance: 68,671. Season-ticket count that year: 41,504.

12-24-1995 - Oilers 28, Bills 17. The only other Christmas Eve home game in team history. Bills made the playoffs that season. Attendance: 45,253. Season-ticket count that year: 40,806.

12-23-1990 - Bills 24, Fish 14. First Super Bowl season. Kelly vs. Marino. Levy vs. Shula. Attendance: 80,235. Season-ticket count that year: 46,307.

(I believe listed stadium capacity back then was still 80,280. All right, where the #%*! were the 45 no-shows?)

Christmas Eve weekend road games since the AFL-NFL merger:

(games on Christmas Eve in italics)

2005 (Cincy): 65,485

2001 (Atlanta): 43,320

2000 (Seattle): 61,025

1994 (Indy): 38,458

1989 (Jets): 21,148

1985 (Miami): 64,811

1980 (49ers): 37,476

Going by those numbers, honestly, is anyone shocked that a Christmas Eve game between two teams that drafted in the top 10 last April might not get 50,000 through the turnstiles?

872710[/snapback]

It's funny you mentioned the q about the no shows. American Airlines pilots were having a "sickness strike" at the time. My aunt and uncle were trying to fly up to Buffalo from Lauderdale and got stuck in Dulles for a day (fortunately, they weren't coming up for the game). Apparently there were quite a few people that were trying to get up into town for the game. So the cool thing is, most of those 45 no shows were fish fans stuck in an airport. :doh:

It's funny you mentioned the q about the no shows.  American Airlines pilots were having a "sickness strike" at the time.  My aunt and uncle were trying to fly up to Buffalo from Lauderdale and got stuck in Dulles for a day (fortunately, they weren't coming up for the game).  Apparently there were quite a few people that were trying to get up into town for the game.  So the cool thing is, most of those 45 no shows were fish fans stuck in an airport.  :(

874404[/snapback]

Bwhahahahaa.... Thank you, American Airlines pilots...

:doh:

I was at 2 of the 3 blackout games and will be there this weekend and I must say, the stadium was pretty packed for both. 71,000 attending a 75.000 seat stadium on a rainy december day is not a bad turnout.

874188[/snapback]

But if Buffalo had REAL fans and a 100,000 seat stadium it still woulda sold out!

SLACKERS!

:doh: (I am having too much fun)

that's cool, i'll take your word for it.

my point still stands generally however.  We all should be more concerned with riduculing and disparaging the born out of wedlock, genetically inferior, untouchable caste, flaming thumbtack worshipping bandwagon Titans fans than infighting amongst ourselves, amirite?

874363[/snapback]

!@#$ing A!

:doh:

C'mon, e. Normally I'd agree, but I can't blame people for giving this one a pass.

874320[/snapback]

I should have qualified my statement with "and you're complaining about the blackout." I can see where I worded that poorly.

<clink>  :w00t:

875270[/snapback]

It is Christmas Eve, for criminy sakes.

I live in the Albany area and have been to 2 Bills games this year and would love to support the team further but I'm hosting our family this year. As I'm sure lots of Bills fans are. Sorry folks but much as I love the Bills I love my family more.

Go Bills and deflate the breasts...

Let me be the first to thank the Bills for giving me great childhood memories, and positive heroes to look up to when growing up. I've met alot of good people(some of whom are on this board) because of my love for the Bills, but reality is, we are watching the Bills die a slow painful death.

Let me be the first to thank the Bills for giving me great childhood memories, and positive heroes to look up to when growing up. I've met alot of good people(some of whom are on this board) because of my love for the Bills, but reality is, we are watching the Bills die a slow painful death.

875452[/snapback]

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!!! :lol: