Is Jason Taylor full of schitt??

ajzepp

Isn't every touchdown a big play regardless of distance? 

Points is points we put up 21 they put up nothing.

869907[/snapback]

I think - and maybe I'm giving him too much credit - he means "big plays" as opposed to sustained drives (a three yard TD run up the gut to cap off a 13-play, nine minute 76 yard drive is NOT a big play, I think most would agree). And certainly, the Bills didn't sustain many drives today...so in that regard, he's right: aside from the three big plays, the Miami defense pushed the Bills around...

...except that they didn't, really. And the three big plays still count. And one big play would have been enough, since his offense was terminally putrid.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think - and maybe I'm giving him too much credit - he means "big plays" as opposed to sustained drives (a three yard TD run up the gut to cap off a 13-play, nine minute 76 yard drive is NOT a big play, I think most would agree).  And certainly, the Bills didn't sustain many drives today...so in that regard, he's right: aside from the three big plays, the Miami defense pushed the Bills around...

...except that they didn't, really.  And the three big plays still count.  And one big play would have been enough, since his offense was terminally putrid.

869917[/snapback]

But we didn't need long, grind it out, 13 play drives because we had 3 big plays. See how it all works. If you have big plays, you don't have to grind it out. If you grind it out, you don't have to have big plays. Either way, we still won and they had nothin.

But we didn't need long, grind it out, 13 play drives because we had 3 big plays.  See how it all works.  If you have big plays, you don't have to grind it out.  If you grind it out, you don't have to have big plays.  Either way, we still won and they had nothin.

869924[/snapback]

Yes, I know. :ph34r:

All I'm saying is that if Taylor's trying to say that his defense pushed around the Bills all day aside from those three plays...he's probably right. Too bad for him that "aside from those three plays" doesn't count on the scoreboard.

Their offense, maybe.  Taylor may have a point about the defense; take away the three big scoring plays, and they held the Bills to 205 yards on 56 plays, 105 yards passing, 2.7 ards/carry, and 3 sacks.

Of course, you can't just take away the three plays.  Sorry Jason.  The reason you lost isn't because of three big plays.  Really, the Bills only needed ONE big play...because your offense did precisely jack sh-- all day.  Take away the three big plays, and the Bills offense still did better than Miami's.  :ph34r:

869883[/snapback]

The Bills needed 2 big plays... The Fins came up lame at the end of the game on the Bills' two and then 1/2... And during the game didn't Saban opt not to kick two FG's?... Sure the wind was a factor... But, they could have "punched" the kicks through.

So that is a possible 9 points... The Bills did need the 14 pts. to cruise...

I felt pretty good @ 0-0 after the 1st Qtr because it was sort of the reverse of the 1st Jets game where we dominated and squandered about 3 opportunities.

In this game though turnovers really didn't play a huge factor in turning the game around. Moreover, it's hard to pound Miami w/ 40 runs for 160 yards, as their weakness is in their secondary and that's what the Bills exploited. Couple that with Harrington playing like Harrington usually does on the road and it qualifies as an asskicking.

This is what he meant to say:

"We were outscored 21-0.

We will be watching the post season on tv.

Buffalo beat us twice this year."

Buffalo actually beat Miami on one big play.

The second two touchdowns were just for insult. :rolleyes:

Here's what Mr. Taylor had to say after today's game....

"We lost the game on three big plays," Taylor said. "I'm not going to buy into this, 'They kicked our butt up and down the field.' They just got a few big plays on us."

Now I only had the game on the nfl.com gamecast in concert with what was discussed in the official game thread, but it sure seemed like we beat their asses up and down the field to me! 

Those of you who saw the game, what say you?

869868[/snapback]

What he should have said is HIS QB gave them no shot and our newbie QB made big plays INTO THE WIND. He can say what he wants. They left the door open after the first quarter and the Bills did just what they had too to win safely.

Losman got his orders and carried them out. BRAVO!!

As of right now though, Jason is our friend. In order for us to have a shot at the playoffs, the Jets must lose. As soon as the game clock ticked down to "0" today,

Jason is my idol.

We should all send emails to him saying: "Yes sir! Only three plays and you would have beat us, so chin up! Beat the Jets and it will all be better."

Go Jason! Sack Pennington!

This is what he meant to say:

"We were outscored 21-0.

We will be watching the post season on tv.

Buffalo beat us twice this year."

Buffalo actually beat Miami on one big play.

The second two touchdowns were just for insult.  :nana:

870011[/snapback]

Awesome point! :rolleyes:

By the way, up until this year, when was the last time that we could say that the Bills won on big plays? Like him or not, Losman has an incredible arm! In the windy stadium no less! The Fish lost because they didn't have a QB that could survive in this wind. I have to give TD credit for this pick. But. also give credit to Marv for getting the right people to groom this guy!

I love the BILLS! Big plays or not!

Here's what Mr. Taylor had to say after today's game....

"We lost the game on three big plays," Taylor said. "I'm not going to buy into this, 'They kicked our butt up and down the field.' They just got a few big plays on us."

Now I only had the game on the nfl.com gamecast in concert with what was discussed in the official game thread, but it sure seemed like we beat their asses up and down the field to me! 

Those of you who saw the game, what say you?

869868[/snapback]

They lost the game because Meathead decided to panic in the 1st quarter LOL! and stop running the ball. We were being shredded once again but once the 2nd quarter started you didn't hear about Sammy Morris anymore.

I hate the excuse that Taylor uses. Randy Moss wasn't the most feared receiver for 7 years because he could move the chains 10 at a time...it was the big play capability. LT is a threat because he can take it to the house every time he touches the ball. Big plays are coveted in the NFL because you score, and you demoralize a team at the same time. It's not like the big play beat you in a 24-21 game. Your friggen QB had a 0.0 rating. You got owned. Use some of that Neutrogena to wash away the tears and man up.

"If not for those big plays" is one of my favorite football quotes. Big plays are part of football. They put points on the board.  Not everything is time consuming short plays. Well unless you're the jets and have a qb with the arm strength of a 12 year old girl.

869886[/snapback]

FLMAO! :nana: Thanks for making me piss meself. :rolleyes: