Is Jason Taylor full of schitt??

ajzepp

Here's what Mr. Taylor had to say after today's game....

"We lost the game on three big plays," Taylor said. "I'm not going to buy into this, 'They kicked our butt up and down the field.' They just got a few big plays on us."

Now I only had the game on the nfl.com gamecast in concert with what was discussed in the official game thread, but it sure seemed like we beat their asses up and down the field to me!

Those of you who saw the game, what say you?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"We lost the game on three big plays," Taylor said. "I'm not going to buy into this, 'They kicked our butt up and down the field.' They just got a few big plays on us."

Now I only had the game on the nfl.com gamecast in concert with what was discussed in the official game thread, but it sure seemed like we beat their asses up and down the field to me! 

869868[/snapback]

I think he is narrow minded and is only thinking of when his defense was on the field. Did he not see the dropped passes? Did he not see Mularkey was on his team?

I seem to remember a few teams we've beat this year who had players commenting in a similar manner. I know we weren't really expected to be any good, but I think it's high time that we get some !@#$ing respect...if not from the media, from the players on the teams whose asses we're beating. We've played some of the better teams in the league this year and we've either beat them or played them tight. I know we're division rivals with the fins, but to be denying the fact that you got crushed after you just got shut out is pretty ridiculous.

869868[/snapback]

It's the same BS that Jest fans were saying last week. "If not for three big plays...". Yada yada yada. Aren't those "big plays" part of football?????! Good teams (or teams that want to be good) execute those plays.

869868[/snapback]

Their offense, maybe. Taylor may have a point about the defense; take away the three big scoring plays, and they held the Bills to 205 yards on 56 plays, 105 yards passing, 2.7 ards/carry, and 3 sacks.

Of course, you can't just take away the three plays. Sorry Jason. The reason you lost isn't because of three big plays. Really, the Bills only needed ONE big play...because your offense did precisely jack sh-- all day. Take away the three big plays, and the Bills offense still did better than Miami's. :ph34r:

I think he is narrow minded and is only thinking of when his defense was on the field. Did he not see the dropped passes? Did he not see Mularkey was on his team?

869872[/snapback]

I agree....though I think it's also funny his precious defense allowed JP not one, not two, but THREE TD passes :ph34r:

I love it....what a great day of football!!

I seem to remember a few teams we've beat this year who had players commenting in a similar manner. I know we weren't really expected to be any good, but I think it's high time that we get some !@#$ing respect...if not from the media, from the players on the teams whose asses we're beating. We've played some of the better teams in the league this year and we've either beat them or played them tight. I know we're division rivals with the fins, but to be denying the fact that you got crushed after you just got shut out is pretty ridiculous.

869878[/snapback]

Agreed! If the game ended after the 1st quarter, he may have a point. But the last 3 quarters of the game we kicked their ass up and down the field. Period.

Their offense, maybe.  Taylor may have a point about the defense; take away the three big scoring plays, and they held the Bills to 205 yards on 56 plays, 105 yards passing, 2.7 ards/carry, and 3 sacks.

Of course, you can't just take away the three plays.  Sorry Jason.  The reason you lost isn't because of three big plays.  Really, the Bills only needed ONE big play...because your offense did precisely jack sh-- all day.  Take away the three big plays, and the Bills offense still did better than Miami's.  :ph34r:

869883[/snapback]

No doubt....we put them into Cleveland territory from a year or two ago when we held them to like negative passing yards :doh:

All hail Dick-ball!!!

Their offense, maybe.  Taylor may have a point about the defense; take away the three big scoring plays, and they held the Bills to 205 yards on 56 plays, 105 yards passing, 2.7 ards/carry, and 3 sacks.

Of course, you can't just take away the three plays.  Sorry Jason.  The reason you lost isn't because of three big plays.  Really, the Bills only needed ONE big play...because your offense did precisely jack sh-- all day.  Take away the three big plays, and the Bills offense still did better than Miami's.  :ph34r:

869883[/snapback]

I love those arguments. If you take away all the bad test scores I had in high school, I'd be in the National Honor Society.

"If not for those big plays" is one of my favorite football quotes. Big plays are part of football. They put points on the board.  Not everything is time consuming short plays. Well unless you're the jets and have a qb with the arm strength of a 12 year old girl.

869886[/snapback]

I guess we could say that if not for Cleo Lemon, nobody would have been able to tell they even HAD an offense today :ph34r:

No doubt....we put them into Cleveland territory from a year or two ago when we held them to like negative passing yards  :ph34r:

All hail Dick-ball!!!

869889[/snapback]

You mean back when Lucas was QB, and in two games agains the Bills his leading receiver was...Nate Clements? :doh:

Good times, man...good times...

No, wait...you're talking about the CLEVELAND game, where the Browns had -5 yards TOTAL offense going into the fourth quarter...either way, good times...

You mean back when Lucas was QB, and in two games agains the Bills his leading receiver was...Nate Clements?  :doh:

Good times, man...good times...

869895[/snapback]

LOL, I forgot about that game....it sucks when I have to remember something like "(3-14) Losman pass to Evans complete for 22 yards to MIA 12" instead of actually being able to SEE the fuggin games :ph34r: This sh-- has got to change....