Bills/ Jets Experience - Wore my Spikes Jersey

NJ_BillsFan

For the past 6 years, I have gone to the Jets/Bills game in NJ.

The Bilsl always manage to lose. Except for this glorious day!

I wore my SPikes throwback jersey. Usually, there are a good mix of Bills fans. I may have seen 12 the whole time I was there. There wereonly 3 Bills fans that I could see in my section. I sat in the 100 sections, 20 rows back at the 25 yd line on the Jets sideline. I was heckled more than any of the past 6 years I have gone. When McGahee ran that TD, I jumped up and screamed at the top of my lungs. I turned around with my hands in the air, only to see hundreds of other people sitting. I received the finger, a "go to hell you MFer" from a woman with her young child, a half eaten $4 pretzel to the left shoulder, and a beligerent jackass telling me that he was "going to glue my ass to my chair." I laughed off every threat. When the Jets scored, I heard who's laughing now and various other ridiculous comments.

I had to run to the bathroom and was the only Bills fan in there. They declared in unison that Bills fans pee sitting down. I corrected them by saying, "Jets suck". I was fortunate to settle into my seat again to see Evans catch the 77 yd bomb right in front of me. I again jumped up and did my 360 degree celebration. The "high-class" woman with her child told me she was "getting sick of my S**t!" and was going to "put her foot in my Bills loving A**!" I just pointed to the scorebard and laughed loudly.

Needless to say, The bills went on to beat them badly. I heard many other comments to vulgar too repeat.

I guess the best part of my experience was leaving the stadium. While I was riding the escalator out of the stadium, smiling proudly, I heard many Jets fans stating the records of their team and why I was a MFer. Leaving the gates, the personel handed out special Jets thermos cups. I took my cup. Smirked. Walked about 50 feet, turned to some more classy hecklers. Placed the cup on the ground. Stomped the S**t out of it! They were so pissed off.

That concludes the best day of my life!

GO BILLS!

867018[/snapback]

:oops:

That is funny stuff. Courageous and lucky! You are lucky you didn't get the same treatment that was doled out to that Pats fan at the Ralph.

That was the best win of the season!

:oops:

That is funny stuff.  Courageous and lucky!  You are lucky you didn't get the same treatment that was doled out to that Pats fan at the Ralph.

That was the best win of the season!

867032[/snapback]

Well, I have to say most of my courage came from being with my 6'2" 235 lb brother who has a short fuse. It helps going to the game with him. People talk, but don't act on it.

Well, I have to say most of my courage came from being with my 6'2" 235 lb brother who has a short fuse.  It helps going to the game with him.  People talk, but don't act on it.

867036[/snapback]

I can't stand Jets fans!!! At the home opner there were a bunch talking smack, but at the end of the game they ran for there lives!!!

FYI, you got just what you gave.

And, secondly, watching a fuggin' football game was "the best day of your life" your life must be pretty empty.

867048[/snapback]

If your a Bill's fan, your "sports" life has been empty for the past, i dunno 10-12 years!!!!

FYI, you got back exactly what you gave.

And, secondly, watching a fuggin' football game was "the best day of your life" your life must be pretty empty. Not trying to be a d--k here, I'm just saying....

867048[/snapback]

not trying to be a dick here, but when you say that you pretty much sound like a dick.

Its a football game where grown ass men are paid handsomely to knock the snot out of the opposition. There is no class involved. Dont be a douche at the games but I fully expect visiting fans to cheer loud and proud without the fear off getting their head kicked in. Thats what makes going to road games fun. Good Job!

Sounds to me like you weren't being a good visitor and stooped to the level of the people who were bothering you. Next time maybe take the high road and show some class.

agreed.

I was at the game, cheered but wasn't obnoxious and was wearing my bills gear.

I didn't have any sort of problem at all.

Strange, I went to the same game and had nothing but good times with the Jets fans in my section (304) and in the parking lot before the game. I was decked out in Bills gear too - ski cap, sweatshirt and milloy home jersey. ... In fact, I've been to The Meadowlands for the Bills-Jets game the past 5 years and never had a problem.

Strange, I went to the same game and had nothing but good times with the Jets fans in my section (304) and in the parking lot before the game. I was decked out in Bills gear too - ski cap, sweatshirt and milloy home jersey. ... In fact, I've been to The Meadowlands for the Bills-Jets game the past 5 years and never had a problem.

867165[/snapback]

Same here, never a problem to the games I've gone to. Everybody has a right to wear their team colors and celebrate on good plays when you're at the opponent's home, but you gotta use a little common sense and show some level of respect too.

And, secondly, watching a fuggin' football game was "the best day of your life" your life must be pretty empty. Not trying to be a d--k here, I'm just saying....

867048[/snapback]

f--- that. the tampa bay/miami game i went to 4 or 5 years ago was one of the best experiences of my life... and i'm a bills fan.

dick.

For the past 6 years, I have gone to the Jets/Bills game in NJ.

The Bilsl always manage to lose.  Except for this glorious day!

I wore my SPikes throwback jersey.  Usually, there are a good mix of Bills fans.  I may have seen 12 the whole time I was there.  There wereonly 3 Bills fans that I could see in my section.  I sat in the 100 sections, 20 rows back at the 25 yd line on the Jets sideline.  I was heckled more than any of the past 6 years I have gone.  When McGahee ran that TD, I jumped up and screamed at the top of my lungs. I turned around with my hands in the air, only to see hundreds of other people sitting.  I received the finger, a "go to hell you MFer" from a woman with her young child, a half eaten $4 pretzel to the left shoulder, and a beligerent jackass telling me that he was "going to glue my ass to my chair."  I laughed off every threat.  When the Jets scored, I heard who's laughing now and various other ridiculous comments. 

I had to run to the bathroom and was the only Bills fan in there.  They declared in unison that Bills fans pee sitting down.  I corrected them by saying, "Jets suck".  I was fortunate to settle into my seat again to see Evans catch the 77 yd bomb right in front of me.  I again jumped up and did my 360 degree celebration.  The "high-class" woman with her child told me she was "getting sick of my S**t!" and was going to "put her foot in my Bills loving A**!"  I just pointed to the scorebard and laughed loudly. 

Needless to say,  The bills went on to beat them badly.  I heard many other comments to vulgar too repeat.

I guess the best part of my experience was leaving the stadium.  While I was riding the escalator out of the stadium, smiling proudly, I heard many Jets fans stating the records of their team and why I was a MFer.  Leaving the gates, the personel handed out special Jets thermos cups.  I took my cup.  Smirked.  Walked about 50 feet, turned to some more classy hecklers.  Placed the cup on the ground.  Stomped the S**t out of it!  They were so pissed off. 

GO BILLS!

867018[/snapback]

Don't u just love a Bills win on the road. :oops:

Go Bills!

was at the game too..front row season tickets to buffalo for 10 years now and that was my first away game...wore my bills sh--...stood up and cheered each play....luckily the fans around me were talking nothing but good about the bills and how good and young we are....a year or two away.... loved how they played so well...only one turnover which was a bull sh-- call neway

Go Bills!

867211[/snapback]

not trying to be a dick here, but when you say that you pretty much sound like a dick.

867052[/snapback]

Just commenting that if the best experience of your life is watching fat, sweaty men push each other around while you watch from a cold plastic seat.... We all enjoy watching the Bills, that's why we're here, but the point is to have some perspective. If you get the biggest jolly of your life pointing at Jests fans and saying "Suck it!" and then whining on an Internet message board that they were mean to you in return, I would say you need to re-evaluate where you're heading.

For 99% of people here, the best day of their lives was graduation, wedding, the birth of their children, their first paycheck.... Something they have done that means something big in their lives.

Now, for Lori, who got married at a Bills game IIRC --- I would grant an exemption!

Now, for Lori, who got married at a Bills game IIRC --- I would grant an exemption!

867578[/snapback]

Wasn't me. I'm just hosting those photos for BUFFALOBART, who snapped 'em.

And while I've had some good times at Bills games, can't say any of them count in my personal top five...

867165[/snapback]

me too. Never had a problem at the swamp. Tailgated in a mostly Bills section, sat in the Bills family section. My son was at his first away game - I told him how different it is but he didn't see it that way.

I can't stand Jets fans!!! At the home opner there were a bunch talking smack, but at the end of the game they ran for there lives!!!

867044[/snapback]

LOL! :lol:

NY fans are the most craptacular in all of sports. These are the same mofo's who threatened Maris for trying to break the Babe's HR record. :lol: Why would Yankee fans hate/threaten a Yankee player? :doh:

Oh that's right they NYers right?

867048[/snapback]

OMG what a tool. It's as if you and the rest of the tools subscribing to this line of thinking can't understand a "figure of speech"(look it up) or are too repressed to enjoy another Bills fan's experience.

"And now, we will have a lecture from famed intellectual UConn James Douche who will tell us all how to behave properly at all sporting engagements. Of course James, being of the smarter than all of us class, will explain the proper way to enjoy such wonderous frivolity.

"Please note that proper fan behavior does not include cheering loudly or getting out of one's seat - unless of course it is to move to allow a lady of proper station to access her's. Moving on, I must stress that under all circumstance proper sportsmanship must be observed. When one's fellows are doing well, a rigorous striking of one's fingertips against the palm of the other hand is in high order. Striking of one's cane upon the amphitheatre's flooring is also acceptable - provided that it does not offend the company one is seated around. Striking more than thrice is considered lewd. Perhaps most important - if the opponent's hired men are willing to bestow commerative articles of the day's sport - one should make an effort to show the highest form of grace in acceptance of them. One can always give the article to one's servants, children, or, in only the most base of circumstance use it as a spitoon when one is entertaining other gentleman".

Class - HAH! You guys telling the rest of us about class - hysterical. Especially u AD! You know better than this which is why I am calling you out. :lol:

if a jets fan celebrates at the Ralph and does so while making a 180 and looking up, I would be the first one to tell him to turn the Hell around.  You  are lucky that's all you got.

867028[/snapback]

Yeah seriously, I've seen Bills fans at the Ralph start random sh_t with fans from the opposing team that weren't even cheering or anything, just sitting and watching the game.

When one's fellows are doing well, a rigorous striking of one's fingertips against the palm of the other hand is in high order.

868356[/snapback]

:lol:

As others have said, I think everything you did was fine except for the turning around after every score. There's no reason to turn around and taunt the other fans like that and you're kind of asking for trouble. But to be too timid to cheer on your team would be ridiculous, and when I go to East Rutherford I always get on my feet and make some noise when the Bills make a big play.