That's life

LevysEraII

If they HAD to move, I think the first Canadian franchise in Toronto would be a better long term bet than LA. You keep many of the Western New York and Ontario base, and build on the Toronto metro area. I'm going to find it very difficult to root for a team that is not the "Buffalo" Bills, but I'd still be interested in the team if it had to move to Toronto.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes me mad!

Rw said "We are lucky to make 7 million a year"  WTF!!!! 7 million?  Last time I checked 7 million is a F'ing lot of money!  :beer:

Cry me a river  and sell this team!

864088[/snapback]

Go re-read the article...........I could be wrong but I believe he was refering to income from the sale of Lux. Box Suites.............

The article is in reference to the increase in salary cap that is going to occur from the league lending money to build one stadium that will generate 50,000,000 per season for not one but 2 teams...........That is 100,000,000 per season gross ..........why should the NFL lend money to the Giants and Jets when the very sale of the new boxes should more than cover their expense's????

RALPH IS RIGHT!!!!

I could be wrong ...feel free to slam my ass......

Again, read.  7 million on his luxury boxes which is not shared by NFL owners, as compared to 50 million for the Jets and Giants.  This new stadium gives the Jets and Giants a ton more money as revenues that will keep pushing the cap UP. 

It doesn't take a genius to know that if these revenue streams keep going up elsewhere and the Bills stay stagnant, along with their stagnant economy, the Bills will then fade away.

Ralph is right.  It's a bad deal for small markets.  Doesn't mean he isn't rich.  I'm sure he's making some money.  He's not making nearly as much as other owners, however.  And if this keeps happening, it will mean that markets like Buffalo will soon not be able to sustain NFL football, because eventually this way of economics will push poor cities out of the NFL.

864108[/snapback]

Exactly!

That is why Ralph will never spend up to the cap. Which means the Bills will always lose out on the best free agents, including their own and will not be able to field a competitive team to keep up with the big market teams. I never said Ralph was being cheap like some people have implied in this thread. I guess reading comprehension IS a lost form around here.

If they HAD to move, I think the first Canadian franchise in Toronto would be a better long term bet than LA.  You keep many of the Western New York and Ontario base, and build on the Toronto metro area.  I'm going to find it very difficult to root for a team that is not the "Buffalo" Bills, but I'd still be interested in the team if it had to move to Toronto.

864111[/snapback]

Exactly. It would be strange but it's quite literally an hour away (err... not counting Peace Bridge delays). Toronto's got the population and whatnot to support the team. Should it not take off as they hope, there's always the insurance population down in WNY.

-Jeff

That is why Ralph will never spend up to the cap.

864126[/snapback]

Spending to the cap has nothing to do with the small market teams being at a disadvantage under the new CBA. The Bills were in the top 10 in payroll at the end of the SB run.

But if Snyder & Company keep screwing the small market teams the way they are, they'll continue to have the extra cash flow to fund mega signing bonuses, irrepairably tilting the level playing field that the NFL salary structure has been built on.

If they HAD to move, I think the first Canadian franchise in Toronto would be a better long term bet than LA.  You keep many of the Western New York and Ontario base, and build on the Toronto metro area.  I'm going to find it very difficult to root for a team that is not the "Buffalo" Bills, but I'd still be interested in the team if it had to move to Toronto.

864111[/snapback]

I could NEVER root for the Bills if they left Western NY. EVER.