Drew Bennett

Mikie2times

As it stands I don't look at WR as a major priority, but if you have a chance to become this diverse it's hard to pass up. Does anybody know if Tennessee renegotiated with Bennett? If not what a perfect addition he would make, so long as it doesn't come at the lines expense.

Look at the skill set's we would have, but more importantly the potential. With a few correct moves in the off-season we could be on our way to a breakout year on offense.

1. Evans- Short, but thick and good YAC. Devastating downfield WR who's getting better at the underneath routes. Will improve and turn into a top 5 WR.

2. Bennett- Huge, downfield RZ target. 6'5, think more Ed McCafrey then Joe Juravicous. Unsettled TEN QB's have hurt his play. Still young with the potential to improve.

3. Parrish- Miniature lightning in a bottle. YAC threat, broken play threat. Still young with the potential to improve.

4/5. Price/Reed- Best 4-5 WR tandem in football.

That would be great to have these receivers. WR is a bigger need than O-Line right now because when I watch JP he sometimes has all the time in the world but no one gets open and there's a coverage sack.

863444[/snapback]

as good as peerless has been playing lately, that is one thing i notice about him, doesnt always finish his routes or fight to get open.

Price and Reed don't play Special Teams....Andre Davis and Sam Aiken do.  If you get Bennett, then Price/Reed will have to go.

863440[/snapback]

Aiken would be 6, but more or less just a ST guy. You decide between Price/Reed/Davis for the last WR/ST teams roll. I’m surprised I’m saying this but it would be hard letting PP go. He seems to connect with JP, and he’s playing poised in close games. We just need some size. It would bring up some difficult choices but I don't mind difficult choices under these circumstances.

As it stands I don't look at WR as a major priority, but if you have a chance to become this diverse it's hard to pass up.  Does anybody know if Tennessee renegotiated with Bennett? If not what a perfect addition he would make, so long as it doesn't come at the lines expense.

Look at the skill set's we would have, but more importantly the potential. With a few correct moves in the off-season we could be on our way to a breakout year on offense. 

1. Evans- Short, but thick and good YAC. Devastating downfield WR who's getting better at the underneath routes. Will improve and turn into a top 5 WR.

2. Bennett- Huge, downfield RZ target. 6'5, think more Ed McCafrey then Joe Juravicous. Unsettled TEN QB's have hurt his play. Still young with the potential to improve.

3. Parrish- Miniature lightning in a bottle. YAC threat, broken play threat. Still young with the potential to improve.

4/5. Price/Reed- Best 4-5 WR tandem in football.

863435[/snapback]

As Ganesh said---price/reed would have to go since they would be useless on special teams--and waaaaaaaaay overpaid for 4-5 receivers.

While Bennett is super tempting--- we still need MUCH help on the O and D lines.Lets not let a few good games fool us. We are very average--and our weakness is in the trenches. @ D linemean and at least one O lineman--all of them good--are needed for this to be a really serious team. And this assumes that we keep Clements and that JP continues to progress.

That would be great to have these receivers. WR is a bigger need than O-Line right now because when I watch JP he sometimes has all the time in the world but no one gets open and there's a coverage sack.

863444[/snapback]

I would agree that it is a need, but the lines are more fundamentally important then WR's. Running the ball more effectively and stopping the run more effectively is the number one mission this off-season. That said if the right guy is available and can help us in other ways we need to look at it. DB looks like that type of player to me.

863444[/snapback]

:thumbsup: I'd like to see an upgrade at #2 WR, but WR as a bigger need than O-Line seriously overvalues Preston, Gandy, and Pennington.

as good as peerless has been playing lately, that is one thing i notice about him, doesnt always finish his routes or fight to get open.

863447[/snapback]

I am with you on this....Peerless might have made a few plays but something is telling me that we could be getting a lot more from that side with someone else..........

As it stands I don't look at WR as a major priority, but if you have a chance to become this diverse it's hard to pass up.  Does anybody know if Tennessee renegotiated with Bennett? If not what a perfect addition he would make, so long as it doesn't come at the lines expense.

863435[/snapback]

According to his NFLPA.org profile page Bennett's contract is over after this season. He definately has everything you'd want as a compliment to Lee Evans but the question is what type of money would it take to bring him in. Also as others have stated we'd probably have to let go of Reed, Price, Aiken or Davis to acquire him. Of those listed I can see letting go of Price as feel he's a better depth player at this point in his career and not a #2 but again what's the cap implications? Part of the reason my profile now calls for us for to draft Dwayne Jarrett as feel he too could be a compliment to Evans and allow us to pool our free agent money on re-signing Nate, London and possibly Kelsay and Gandy or another veteran OG.

I am with you on this....Peerless might have made a few plays but something is telling me that we could be getting a lot more from that side with someone else..........

863490[/snapback]

That goes for Reed too. Combine their salaies and we could have had a real #2 rather than two sub-par guys dividing time.

I'd be interested in Jeff Samarjia(?) if he fell to the right spot (2nd round), and he might if the baseball thing lingers. Same type of receiver with fewer miles and for less money. If anyone remembers, Justin Armor didn't fit the scheme a while back; Marv has returned presumably with a similar brand of football on the mind. Different guy, different scheme, yes. But I dunno....

If he's going to cost alot then no thanks. He seems like the sort of player you can find in the 3rd round of most any draft. I understand the desire for a 'possession WR' but I wouldn't want to pigeon hole myself into looking for a particular body-type. Take Steve Smith for example, whom everybody knows from highlite reels but he's pretty good at using body position on short 3rd&4 short throws when he needs to.