Schobel OWNED Ferguson today

Avalanche

Totally destroyed Ferguson!  I tivoed the game and watched each play, and Schobel won about 75% of the battles.

The Jets were dumb trying to single team Schobel. 

862016[/snapback]

Thy didn't single team him. They had a back helping Ferguson on almost every pass play.

Totally destroyed Ferguson!  I tivoed the game and watched each play, and Schobel won about 75% of the battles.

The Jets were dumb trying to single team Schobel. 

So much for Man-Genius...

862016[/snapback]

Man-Genius looked more like a beaten and torn Mangina today.

The team has really taken a turn since then. Especially Losman. Now he can not only manage a game but he can win it too, and we saw a bit of a combination of that today. He didn't have to do a lot and for the most part he was managing the game, but when the team was in trouble down by 3 points he got them into the endzone. The offense has come a long way since then and I believe they've scored 20+ points in 4 straight games now, and I guess the defense is really picking up the complicated cover 2 stuff.

One word - turnovers!

862091[/snapback]

Jauron-Ball: win the turnover battle, win the game.

I've got to find the time this week to look up Dick Jauron's record as compared to turnovers per game. Yes, I know in general the team that's net positive in takeaways in a game is more likely to win that game...but I swear, Jauron's teams have an abnormally high correllation between takeaways differential and wins.

I'm sure glad we've got Schobel, :beer:

and I'm sure glad we've got Peters instead of Da Brick at LT. :angry:

But I still would take Mangold over McCargo. 0:)

862111[/snapback]

Do not under-estimate the power of the Melvin :beer: . Whatever he may be, he's loads better than any center we've had since #67 was here.

Do not under-estimate the power of the Melvin  0:) . Whatever he may be, he's loads better than any center we've had since #67 was here.

862160[/snapback]

I will admit I've come to appreciate him more this 2nd half of the season. :angry:

Do not under-estimate the power of the Melvin  :angry: . Whatever he may be, he's loads better than any center we've had since #67 was here.

862160[/snapback]

That says nothing about his play, we've had a terrible line since Hull, and personally I dont see anything from Fowler that tells me he's a better center than teague. I think we made the switch at the right time in getting teague out at the end of his career, but while he was here he was OK. Fowler isnt great, he gets blown off the line when pass protecting and cant move anybody while run blocking. We need a new interior next year.