Peyton Manning Projection

Just a little interesting pattern for fans of Peyton Manning such as myself. Over the past couple of years, Peyton Mannings first 3-5 games have told what he was going to do for the year, unlike other QB's who go up and down as the season rolls along. For example:

In 2003, in Peyton Mannings first 4 games he had 914 yards, 9 TD's and 3 INT's. This works out to 3,656 yards, 36 TD's and 12 INT's ... Peyton ended up having 4,267 yards, 29 TD's and 10 INT's. Some what close right?

In 2004, in Peyton Mannings first 3 games he had 9 TD's and 1 INT. This works out to 4.816 yards, 48 TD's and 6 INT's ... Peyton ended up having 4,557 yards, 49 TD's and 10 INT's. Pretty darn close huh?

In 2005, in Peyton Mannings first 5 games he had 6 TD's and 2 INT's. This works out to 3,593 yards 24 TD's and 12.8 INT's ... Peyton ended up having 3,747 yards, 28 TD's and 10 INT's. Once again. Pretty darn close.

Now so far in 2006, he is on pace for 5,408 yards, 32 TD's, and 8 INT. Not really important or anything, just thought you guys would think it was interesting.

He already has 8 INTs, not something you would have guessed from the 1 INt in the first 4 games. In that stretch he had 5 TDs, which projects out to 20 by the end of the year, though he's already up to 22.

Why did you choose 3, 4 or 5 games in past years, just because it made it closer?

Peyton Manning Projection

860689[/snapback]

1999 season - choke in January

2000 season - choke in January

2001 season - choke in December

2002 season - choke in January

2003 season - choke in January

2004 season - choke in January

2005 season - choke in January

2006 season - choke in January

:wallbash:

Just a little interesting pattern for fans of Peyton Manning such as myself. Over the past couple of years, Peyton Mannings first 3-5 games have told what he was going to do for the year, unlike other QB's who go up and down as the season rolls along. For example:

In 2003, in Peyton Mannings first 4 games he had 914 yards, 9 TD's and 3 INT's. This works out to 3,656 yards, 36 TD's and 12 INT's ... Peyton ended up having 4,267 yards, 29 TD's and 10 INT's. Some what close right?

In 2004, in Peyton Mannings first 3 games he had 9 TD's and 1 INT. This works out to 4.816 yards, 48 TD's and 6 INT's ... Peyton ended up having 4,557 yards, 49 TD's and 10 INT's. Pretty darn close huh?

In 2005, in Peyton Mannings first 5 games he had 6 TD's and 2 INT's. This works out to 3,593 yards 24 TD's and 12.8 INT's ... Peyton ended up having 3,747 yards, 28 TD's and 10 INT's. Once again. Pretty darn close.

Now so far in 2006, he is on pace for 5,408 yards, 32 TD's, and 8 INT. Not really important or anything, just thought you guys would think it was interesting.

860689[/snapback]

I don’t understand this. It would only be a coincidence if we knew the number of games to base the rest of the season projections on. As another poster pointed out you used 3, 4, and 5 weeks in your comparison. We could probably find similar trends in most NFL QBs if you can select between those three weeks each year to make end of the year projections.

1999 season - choke in January

2000 season - choke in January

2001 season - choke in December

2002 season - choke in January

2003 season - choke in January

2004 season - choke in January

2005 season - choke in January

2006 season - choke in January

:nana:

860720[/snapback]

I don't know that it's necessarily fair to credit Peyton Manning with choking in January. It does a real disservice to Marvin Harrison's reknown choking ability...

He already has  8 INTs, not something you would have guessed from the 1 INt in the first 4 games.  In that stretch he had 5 TDs, which projects out to 20 by the end of the year, though he's already up to 22.

Why did you choose 3, 4 or 5 games in past years, just because it made it closer?

860718[/snapback]

Actually, I find the first 15 games to be a much more reliable and predictive indicator of the full season.

I have an easy prediction for Petyon Manning:

He'll be referred to as Peyton Marino in 10 years.

I'm sure he'll own all the passing records achievable but he will never win the big game.

I'd bet good money that Eli will win a championship before Peyton will.

He actually copied and pasted my post from about 2 months ago.  :nana:

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=52018&hl=

860954[/snapback]

Friggin incredible. Given that he stole your post, I think it only fitting to reply to his post that was really your post by stealing his post which is now my post and see if he defends my post, his previous post, with a stolen post from your which of course means its now his post. (just popped in my head, if he's stealing your posts, does that mean he idolizes you?)

So now I respond to the original post which is not really original with:

Not really, except for INTs.

This one is a little closer but INTs are about 50% off. Try again.

This one is a little better. Of course, you picked at random the number of games to project the season over--different in every case: 4 games in 2003, 3 in 2004, and 5 in 2005. Further, it's hardly a shock that how someone plays in their first 4 (or so) games actually projects to how they might play over 16 games. What's the impressive study here?

So here you use a 2 game sample to project a 15 game season?

The Chargers have scored 67 points in 2 games. They are going to score almost 500 points this season. Ryan Denney is on pace for 32 sacks and the NFL sack record. Losman won't throw an INT this season. See how silly this is.

Take that sucka. (That sucka part was my own thought, not to be confused with a thought that I thought was my thought.)

I have an easy prediction for Petyon Manning:

He'll be referred to as Peyton Marino in 10 years.

I'm sure he'll own all the passing records achievable but he will never win the big game.

I'd bet good money that Eli will win a championship before Peyton will.

860986[/snapback]

Ill take that bet. $20.

Daq are you Ben Franklin or does this poster have a thing for stealing?

860987[/snapback]

No im not that poster.

Hey guys! I did a little primary research and found some interesting stats on Peyton Manning. Thought you might like to know.

Pretty cool, huh?