Please 250 yards passing....

AnthonyF

I'm so tired of happily accepting 170 yards as a good game (last 2 weeks). Even yesterday both Rothlesberger & Anderson (a rookie) had 200+ in terrible cold weather.

I want JP to succeed, because I do not want to start over, but this offense really is driving me crazy.....

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so tired of happily accepting 170 yards as a good game (last 2 weeks).  Even yesterday both Rothlesberger & Anderson (a rookie) had 200+ in terrible cold weather.

I want JP to succeed, because I do not want to start over, but this offense really is driving me crazy.....

860615[/snapback]

Anderson's not a rookie, he's a 3rd year player if I'm not mistaken. He WAS, however a 3rd stringer in Baltimore before going to Cleveland.

I'm so tired of happily accepting 170 yards as a good game (last 2 weeks).  Even yesterday both Rothlesberger & Anderson (a rookie) had 200+ in terrible cold weather.

860615[/snapback]

I'd suggest that has more to do with the play calling and coaching philosophy than it does JP's play.

I'm sure there are a lot of people on this board who are tired of you making annoying threads all the time, most of which trying to drive home the exact same point. Don't you ever get bored of your own posts?

860635[/snapback]

Yep.... I'm bored too of watching this putrid offense grind continually to a halt and our defense allow 400 yards. Then we get the excuses and double talk.

I just stated my opinion and frankly the result has been excrutiatingly bad football games on the whole.

From now on feel free to ignore my posts since you know they are mostly concerning the offense and playcalling.....

Dunno, I'd rather have a win than a meaningless statistical milepost. But maybe that's just me...

860651[/snapback]

C'mon, Lori...everybody knows that 250+ yards passing is a lynch pin to a team's ultimate success.

I was about to start a similar thread:

Please, one 50+ yard FG from Lindell this week.

Yep.... I'm bored too of watching this putrid offense grind continually to a halt and our defense allow 400 yards.  Then we get the excuses and double talk.

I just tsated my opinion and frankly the result has been excrutiatingly bad football games on the whole.

From now on feel free to ignore my posts since you know they are mostly concerning the offense and playcalling.....

860665[/snapback]

I know, the last 5 games, with 3 wins, and 2 close losses, have been absolutely terrible. :wallbash:

Yep.... I'm bored too of watching this putrid offense grind continually to a halt and our defense allow 400 yards.  Then we get the excuses and double talk.

I just stated my opinion and frankly the result has been excrutiatingly bad football games on the whole.

860665[/snapback]

The difference is most of us care about them winning or losing, not weither they provide enough fantasy points to win my pool at work.

I prefer to enjoy the burger, I don't care how its made

The bills can throw for 10 yards for all I care, as long as the end result is a W

It would be nice to see the offence throw for 800 yards, and the defence hold them for 100 yards in a dominating game but it is not what really matters

The difference is most of us care about them winning or losing, not weither they provide enough fantasy points to win my pool at work.

The bills can throw for 10 yards for all I care, as long as the end result is a W

It would be nice to see the offence throw for 800 yards, and the defence hold them for 100 yards in a dominating game but it is not what really matters

860687[/snapback]

I wouldnt let Tater make that. Have you seen what he does with a hot dog?

860615[/snapback]

It is a bit aggravating. Still, the Bills with JP at the helm, have been in most games this year, at least on the scoreboard.

And my impression is, that while the team isn't discussed around the nation as any kind of powerhouse on either side of the ball, few are taking them lightly as they might a Detroit or an Arizona.

He's a work in progress. Too soon to give up on him, IMO.

C'mon, Lori...everybody knows that 250+ yards passing is a lynch pin to a team's ultimate success.

I was about to start a similar thread:

Please, one 50+ yard FG from Lindell this week.

860681[/snapback]

:wallbash:

Somebody better tell the Steelers to give that Lombardi Trophy back, then, since Roethlisomething only hit the 250yd mark once in their four playoff games...

860687[/snapback]

You really should care how your hamburger is made because it tends to play a role in how much you enjoy it.

First, despite the health considerations, don't be afraid to use a fatty ground beef because it helps make a very moist burger.

Next, it's a good idea to dice up a shallot or a little bit of a sweet onion and mix it in with the meat. You don't need a lot because you don't want the burger to be overpowered with onion, but it really helps make a moist burger.

Form the patty in your hands, but don't squeeze too tightly. You want room for the fat to melt through. After you've formed your patty, take your finger and press a dimple in the middle. This prevents the burger from bloating and helps you get a nice flat burger.

Rub a little olive oil onto the grate, and lay your burger down gently over med high heat. Rotate it 45 degrees after a few minutes to give nice char marks, then flip and repeat.

Finally, and I know this goes without saying, never press down on the burger as it squeezes out all the delicious juices.

I know it's a lot of information, but it's got to be considerably more interesting than hoping your quarterback performs like the guy who, last night, threw for 276 yards and still lost by three touchdowns.

You really should care how your hamburger is made because it tends to play a role in how much you enjoy it.

First, despite the health considerations, don't be afraid to use a fatty ground beef because it helps make a very moist burger.

Next, it's a good idea to dice up a shallot or a little bit of a sweet onion and mix it in with the meat. You don't need a lot because you don't want the burger to be overpowered with onion, but it really helps make a moist burger.

Form the patty in your hands, but don't squeeze too tightly. You want room for the fat to melt through. After you've formed your patty, take your finger and press a dimple in the middle. This prevents the burger from bloating and helps you get a nice flat burger.

ub a little olive oil onto the grate, and lay your burger down gently over med high heat. Rotate it 45 degrees after a few minutes to give nice char marks, then flip and repeat.

Finally, and I know this goes without saying, never press down on the burger as it squeezes out all the delicious juices.

I know it's a lot of information, but it's got to be considerably more interesting than hoping your quarterback performs like the guy who, last night,  threw for 276 yards and still lost by three touchdowns.

860747[/snapback]

t

Have you tried Boca brand Original Soy Burgers yet? I was reduced to them. They are surprisingly, not bad at all. Go well with wheat buns, and believe it or not, imitation cheese adds a certain piquancy.

Old sins have long shadows... :wallbash:

Actually, I'd be much happier if JP did a great job managing the game, protecting the ball, throwing short precision passes, while Willis and/or A-Train got 250-300 yards rushing. That would mean we controlled the ball and the clock and, if our "D" does their job, would be a "W" - which is all that matters.

Actually, I'd be much happier if JP did a great job managing the game, protecting the ball, throwing short precision passes, while Willis and/or A-Train got 250-300 yards rushing.  That would mean we controlled the ball and the clock and, if our "D" does their job, would be a "W" - which is all that matters.

860767[/snapback]

And I want 400 yards passing & 6 TD's and the defense to hold an opposition under 180 yards rushing.... We can all dream...

Actually we did run the ball well vs. NYJ the first time, but made mistakes and stupid calls....

860615[/snapback]

Since 'opening up' the offence against Houston 3 weeks ago....

JP has averaged......231yds/game....6.7yds/att....85.1QBR....1.7sacks....& has had 2 victories, both come from behind.

Our Offence has averaged 21.7points/game....291yards/game

If anything, it is our running game that is letting us down.....averaging 68yards at 3yards/att.

What games have you been watching? This post was much more appropriate about a month ago. :nana: