Leafs changing logo?

Ramius

I wish this part of that article had happened in Carolina.

SOUTHERN HOSPITALITY: Most Toronto hockey fans are all too aware of who Marian Hossa is, especially after his hat trick against the Leafs Thursday. But not a certain waiter in Atlanta.

Out for a dinner with friends recently, Hossa was asked by the waiter what he did for a living.

Hossa replied, "I play for the Atlanta Thrashers."

"Who are the Thrashers?" asked the waiter.

"They're the hockey team — the Atlanta Thrashers hockey team," Hossa explained.

"Oh ... what's hockey?" asked the waiter.

If anyone is wondering why hockey is in trouble in some parts of the U.S., Hossa's little episode might serve as exhibit A.

A quick google search on the Leafs new jerseys turned up some interesting info. Looks like Reebok did their jerseys as well and "designed" the new logo based off of market research. I don't know, kinda looks like a leaf with shades on I guess.

860492[/snapback]

If Reebok came up with "banana slug/hair piece" to represent the Buffalo Sabres, then there's no telling what they'll come up with to represent Maples Leafs. The new Leafs logo could be a refrigerator or a telephone with these idiots in charge.

If Reebok came up with "banana slug/hair piece" to represent the Buffalo Sabres, then there's no telling what they'll come up with to represent Maples Leafs.  The new Leafs logo could be a refrigerator or a telephone with these idiots in charge.

860533[/snapback]

Maybe the alternate jersey will be a blower.

860572[/snapback]

I hear the new jersey will be the old logo (more realistic looking leaf one) and they are changing their colours to black and white so they look like their last championship team :wallbash:

And according to the article, the logo is only going to be moddified from the existing logo, like the change from the realistic leaf to the Canadian Flag Leaf.

860572[/snapback]

I actually would like to see how Reebok would make a leaf look hip or cool (in their view) to appeal to younger fans. Obviously younger people in Canada just don't like the Maple Leafs and need a "fresh" logo to appeal to them. :wallbash::w00t:

My guess is that Reebok would come up with a mean looking, Pokemon-esque leaf (with eyes and a snarl) that is riding a skateboard and streaking from left to right.

(Yes, I do think of "Reebok" as the morons in The Simpsons who came up with Poochie the in your face rapping surfer dog character in Itchie and Scratchie. "Recycle.....TO THE EXTREME!")

Watching the Sabres/Panthers game last night on Center ICE last night (the Florida broadcast crew), and they were talking about the Sabres new uniforms. One of the guys mentioned that the Sabres were going to change their uniforms again next year! Am I the only one who heard this? If not, does anyone know if this is true?

Watching the Sabres/Panthers game last night on Center ICE last night (the Florida broadcast crew), and they were talking about the Sabres new uniforms.  One of the guys mentioned that the Sabres were going to change their uniforms again next year!  Am I the only one who heard this?  If not, does anyone know if this is true?

860656[/snapback]

I didn't hear it. Probably because the noise from beating my head against the wall was distracting me.

Watching the Sabres/Panthers game last night on Center ICE last night (the Florida broadcast crew), and they were talking about the Sabres new uniforms.  One of the guys mentioned that the Sabres were going to change their uniforms again next year!  Am I the only one who heard this?  If not, does anyone know if this is true?

860656[/snapback]

They were probably referring to the new "swift" (i.e. spandex) uniforms the entire league is adopting next season (to be unveiled at the All-Star game this year).

The new swift things are supposed to be the reason that the Sabres have no horizontal lines on their new uniform and why initially the NHL wanted EVERY team to change their uniforms to help Reebok's plan along. Fortunately, every team (especially the classic teams) told the NHL to !@#$ off so they had to delay the swifts an extra couple years and now it appears most (if not all) teams will not be changing their uniform designs due to the new material.

So basically the Sabres new uniforms are retarded because they were designed for the stupid, new-material uniform template from two years ago that has since been scrapped. Way to go, Larry Quinn. :wallbash::w00t::doh:

They were probably referring to the new "swift" (i.e. spandex) uniforms the entire league is adopting next season (to be unveiled at the All-Star game this year).

The new swift things are supposed to be the reason that the Sabres have no horizontal lines on their new uniform and why initially the NHL wanted EVERY team to change their uniforms to help Reebok's plan along.  Fortunately, every team (especially the classic teams) told the NHL to !@#$ off so they had to delay the swifts an extra couple years and now it appears most (if not all) teams will not be changing their uniform designs due to the new material. 

So basically the Sabres new uniforms are retarded because they were designed for the stupid, new-material uniform template from two years ago that has since been scrapped.  Way to go, Larry Quinn. :wallbash:  :w00t:  :doh:

860670[/snapback]

That makes more sense...I couldn't imagine them making another change so quickly...IIRC, they tried something like this back in the early 80's, where some teams started wearing really silly looking long pants, to make the game look faster and sleaker! That lasted about two minutes. I remember one of the Sabres divisional rivals wore them, the Hartford Whalers I think...it was awful!

That makes more sense...I couldn't imagine them making another change so quickly...IIRC,  they tried something like this back in the early 80's, where some teams started wearing really silly looking long pants, to make the game look faster and sleaker!  That lasted about two minutes.  I remember one of the Sabres divisional rivals wore them, the Hartford Whalers I think...it was awful!

860766[/snapback]

I actually liked the Cooperalls... Function over style...

Cooperalls

Why the heck would hockey players where shorts and then pad the beJesus out of their socks on up?

They offered far more protection... Yet, style over function won out.

:nana: :nana:

Cooperalls

Why the heck would hockey players where shorts and then pad the beJesus out of their socks on up?

860837[/snapback]

[/quote}

I know most traditions have died over the years, but, maybe it is just me...I like a little tradition...

Cooperalls

860837[/snapback]

[/quote}

I know most traditions have died over the years, but, maybe it is just me...I like a little tradition...

860860[/snapback]

I hear you... Too bad there wasn't a way to resolve the style/function issue...

I do kinda like when the puck gets caught up in the underside of the shorts though...

:doh::doh: