Broderick Bunkley

I heard the Eagles play by play guy on Sirius today saying how Bunkley has done absolutely nothing and the few times he has been in, the other teams offense has had some big runs. Now I know its not all Bunkley's fault but this same announcer was reaping praises on Bunkley all pre-season and since the season started, he has done nothing. Its still early but you never want to miss on a 1st round draft pick selected that high. He might only be a rookie but he should still be making progress and not going backwards.

I know alot of Draft Junkies had the Bills selecting Bunkley, (me included) and I'm just glad he's not our problem. Although Whitner got burned over and over by Gates Sunday, I'm glad we picked him and I only see him getting better.

Yep, i wanted Bunkley too. I read some draft reports that Ngata was a lazy !@#$, so didn't want him. Glad Marv's in charge :w00t:

I heard the Eagles play by play guy on Sirius today saying how Bunkley has done absolutely nothing and the few times he has been in, the other teams offense has had some big runs.  Now I know its not all Bunkley's fault but this same announcer was reaping praises on  Bunkley all pre-season and since the season started, he has done nothing.  Its still early but you never want to miss on a 1st round draft pick selected that high.  He might only be a rookie but he should still be making progress and not going backwards.

I know alot of Draft Junkies had the Bills selecting Bunkley, (me included) and I'm just glad he's not our problem.  Although Whitner got burned over and over by Gates Sunday, I'm glad we picked him and I only see him getting better.

859678[/snapback]

It goes to show what we fans "think we know" when we read 100 mock drafts and listen to NFL "draft experts". We read a blurb on a guy at one site, and another, and another. Or we say we saw him play during the college season and "he's great" or "he didn't impress me".

We think we know these college players, when in reality we have NO CLUE. I fall into that trap myself, all the time. That's why I laugh when I read draft grades and opinions right after the draft.

I have never read any higher praises than of Robert Gallery OT Iowa. Even though Eli Manning was rated #1, Gallery for the most part had the highest grade of anyone with "can't miss" comments. Some team's "all-pro LT for the next dozen years"... yeah right.

The point is after all the research and hoopla, college football is not pro football and predicting the future is tough, no matter how good someone looks or how much hype he gets.

Workout wonderboy isn't amounting to a hill of beans....not a big surprise I guess. I'd still like to take Big Joe DeLamielleure up on his offers. Everytime he is on with Schopp and the Bulldog he touts himself as saying he knew Gallery was awful and that if the Bills gave him a chance, he could draft a bunch of great linemen.

I'm not too worried (yet) about our rookie safety getting pwned by arguably the best tight end in the league, within a defensive system that is getting sliced and diced at will.

It goes to show what we fans "think we know" when we read 100 mock drafts and listen to NFL "draft experts".  We read a blurb on a guy at one site, and another, and another.  Or we say we saw him play during the college season and "he's great" or "he didn't impress me".

We think we know these college players, when in reality we have NO CLUE. I fall into that trap myself, all the time.  That's why I laugh when I read draft grades and opinions right after the draft.

I have never read any higher praises than of Robert Gallery OT Iowa. Even though Eli Manning was rated #1, Gallery for the most part had the highest grade of anyone with "can't miss" comments. Some team's "all-pro LT for the next dozen years"... yeah right.

The point is after all the research and hoopla, college football is not pro football and predicting the future is tough, no matter how good someone looks or how much hype he gets.

859686[/snapback]

I'm not sure what the point of this post is. It's not like the NFL franchises - the people paid to make these decisions -weren't wrong, too.

McCargo has the same number of solo tackles as Bunkley, and he's been on I.R. since week 5.

You were saying?

859727[/snapback]

and how many tackles would that be? convenient that you seemed to have not posted that info. Let me help you....5 tackles. Our first round DT was averaging a tackle a game. Thanks for helping me prove my point!

Workout wonderboy isn't amounting to a hill of beans....not a big surprise I guess.  I'd still like to take Big Joe DeLamielleure up on his offers.  Everytime he is on with Schopp and the Bulldog he touts himself as saying he knew Gallery was awful and that if the Bills gave him a chance, he could draft a bunch of great linemen.

859692[/snapback]

I laugh when I hear him say that. But interestingly, I would give him the opportunity to back up what he says.

I'm sure that will never happen though.

Yep, way too early to consider either of them a bust. McCargo would be less of a bust in my mind at this point because he was taken lower and is out with an injury. Either of them has the ability to develop into quality football players, or the ability to not develop and never be more than a backup /role player. I like that the guy we picked at #8 was already a quality football player, and not a project with talent.

But we need McCargo to start to be an impact player in 2007 and 2008 for that pick to work out. Based on what I know, I'm pretty confident it will happen, and everyone will be happy with the pick next season.

and how many tackles would that be? convenient that you seemed to have not posted that info. Let me help you....5 tackles. Our first round DT was averaging a tackle a game. Thanks for helping me prove my point!

859760[/snapback]

One tackle a game still > 0.4, no?

I'll take the guy who's been inactive because of an actual injury over the one who's been inactive because he sucks.

859738[/snapback]

Indeed.

Give this post a rest, DT isn't an easy position to just jump into in the NFL, he could easily break out next year and have 10+ sacks. As for McCargo, I like him, everybody says hes going to be such a bust and this and that but im pretty sure I saw Whitner's face on a milk carton which read "Missing since week 1", you barely know the guy is on the field half the time,I mean make a play guy, but everybody is so confident he'll be great. As far as im concerned hes just as up in the air as McCargo

There are always some guys who could have helped us more, but you gotta admit we did just fine in the overall draft. Look how many guys are starting or at least getting significant playing time...Kyle, Whitner, Simpson, Pennington, McCargo (before being hurt) and Youbooty (sp?) may be a good player as time goes on. While I was a huge Ngata fan, I have to admit the guys getting paid to make the selections in the Bills org. did a darn good job this year.