Broderick Bunkley

It's a slow curve for DTs - there's not a reason to think that a slow freshman campaign is going to spell doom. McCargo had 4 tackles before the game he was injured in, and Ngata had 4 in those four games as well. Ngata has been playing a full season and picked it up. McCargo's been hurt. There's nothing meaningful you can say about McCargo's career to date, other than saying he's on IR.

Yep, way too early to consider either of them a bust.  McCargo would be less of a bust in my mind at this point because he was taken lower and is out with an injury.

859807[/snapback]

The problem is the injury, which is apparently the second time he has broken that foot. Big guys and fragile feet are bad news.

Ngata, however, might have been a good pickup.  I'm not going to open that can of worms though, Whitner will be a good player.

859681[/snapback]

How much brighter would the future be with Ngata as the anchor of the d-line and Mangold as the anchor of the o-line.

Whitner is OK. I'd take a talented bigman over a talented smallman.

McCargo seems to be doing what he does best. Miss games due to injury.

Add in Ashton Youboty who has yet to play? Looks like Marv had a great first day of the draft. :)

I heard the Eagles play by play guy on Sirius today saying how Bunkley has done absolutely nothing and the few times he has been in, the other teams offense has had some big runs.  Now I know its not all Bunkley's fault but this same announcer was reaping praises on  Bunkley all pre-season and since the season started, he has done nothing. 

859678[/snapback]

That would be Merril Reese - every August he thinks the Eagles are the best team in the league - may as well be a Dolphins fan.

Passing on Ngata looks pretty awful in retrospect though.

Workout wonderboy isn't amounting to a hill of beans....not a big surprise I guess.  I'd still like to take Big Joe DeLamielleure up on his offers.  Everytime he is on with Schopp and the Bulldog he touts himself as saying he knew Gallery was awful and that if the Bills gave him a chance, he could draft a bunch of great linemen.

859692[/snapback]

he's not a workout wonderboy - he flat out dominated his last year at florida state.

Add in Ashton Youboty who has yet to play? Looks like Marv had a great first day of the draft.  :)

860018[/snapback]

Yeah Marvs draft flat out sucked. All his players made the team and all but one have had significant playing time with about 50% starting and having an impact.

Why did Marv have to curse us with such a horrible draft, WHY?

How much brighter would the future be with Ngata as the anchor of the d-line and Mangold as the anchor of the o-line.

Whitner is OK. I'd take a talented bigman over a talented smallman.

Add in Ashton Youboty who has yet to play? Looks like Marv had a great first day of the draft.  :)

860018[/snapback]

The draft goes more than one day. And no way you can get around how many have played this year. McCargo is injured, and will play next year. We waited a year (many will argue we're still waiting) for WM to perform to expectations, we can give McCargo a little time. I wanted Ngata and Mangold, but I'm more than willing to give ML and DJ a lot of credit for a first rate draft. I'm just hoping they're thinking "LARGE and IN CHARGE" for this draft.

he's not a workout wonderboy - he flat out dominated his last year at florida state.

860131[/snapback]

All I'm saying is it seems most teams and scouts didn't regard Bunkley as a top 15 pick until his combine workout. He may have been a very good player in college, but that alone wasn't enough to garner top 15 attention until he hit the weight room, the 40, and the shuttle.

All I'm saying is it seems most teams and scouts didn't regard Bunkley as a top 15 pick until his combine workout.  He may have been a very good player in college, but that alone wasn't enough to garner top 15 attention until he hit the weight room, the 40, and the shuttle.

860262[/snapback]

His workout was what took him to the top of the draft board, but make no mistake, Bunkley was a beast last year here at FSU. I for one am going to wait more than a dozen games to determine if he's a bust or not.

His workout was what took him to the top of the draft board, but make no mistake, Bunkley was a beast last year here at FSU. I for one am going to wait more than a dozen games to determine if he's a bust or not.

860328[/snapback]

yeah - he really lit up those boys from Duke in the impressive ACC :wallbash: