what is the worst job you ever had....

taterhill

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Worked weekends as a receptionist in a "Massage" place. It only took a couple of days to figure out that the men customers were getting "special" massages. I stayed for a few more weeks because the money was good. But then, when the boss suggested that I "train" to become a masseuse, I quit. :)

Worked weekends as a receptionist in a "Massage" place. It only took a couple of days to figure out that the men customers were getting "special" massages. I stayed for a few more weeks because the money was good. But then, when the boss suggested that I "train" to become a masseuse, I quit.  ;)

859256[/snapback]

:):)

Janitor at a movie theatre.  started at 4 am so we could be done by the time the theatre opened.

858785[/snapback]

When I was in college I had a buddy who signed up to be a weekend janitor for his 'work study' job - I think he had to go in at like 5 in the morning on Sat & Sun - could you pick a worse job in college if you tried? We used to mock him mercilessly while we were out Fri/Sat night - many times he just never went to bed - it actually lasted a couple months before it finally was just too much.

I worked at KFC

Many years ago I went into a KFC in South Florida and ordered a meal - the girl behind the counter said "I'm sorry - but we have no chicken" :)

Many years ago I went into a KFC in South Florida and ordered a meal - the girl behind the counter said "I'm sorry - but we have no chicken" :w00t:

859283[/snapback]

I went to a Burger King in South Florida and they told me they had run out of hamburgers.

My worst job was a summer job thing in High School. I worked in a mahine shop. They had a machine that made horseshoes. My job was to grab the red hot bar of steel from one part of the machine with tongs and place it in the press which formed the horseshoe from the red hot aluminum.

Mind numbingly boring. I lasted a week and quit. Each minute in that job seemed like an hour.

Worked weekends as a receptionist in a "Massage" place. It only took a couple of days to figure out that the men customers were getting "special" massages. I stayed for a few more weeks because the money was good. But then, when the boss suggested that I "train" to become a masseuse, I quit.  :w00t:

859256[/snapback]

Pissed he thought you needed training?

Went to Luarderdale for spring break back in 85. 7 guys in a bread truck from Western Pa to FLA. Slept on the beach or the truck.I think the guy who left PA with the most money in is pocket had $136.00 Ran out of money, we all had to day labor to get gas money and money for a rebuilt alternator for the way home.

Now for the bad part. First day we go to agency, sign up, give ss#s etc. They ask if we want a ride to the job site. Well, the truck ain't running, so we say YES. Work all day at a construction site hauling crap around in the florida heat for 8 hrs at $5.25 an hr.

3.00pm quitting time, we go back to the agency where we get paid like $23. $5 for the ride there and back, agency fee, taxes, etc. Dam 8 hrs work in brutal florida sun and heat, for about $3 bucks an hr. Thought we were going to do two days, we had to do 4.

Absolutely brutal!!!!!!

Went to Luarderdale for spring break back in 85. 7 guys in a bread truck from Western Pa to FLA. Slept on the beach or the truck.I think the guy who left PA with the most money in is pocket had $136.00 Ran out of money, we all had to day labor to get gas money and money for a rebuilt alternator for the way home.

859608[/snapback]

Holy crap. In '82 six of us went to Daytona for Spring Break in a Jeep Wrangler. We got about halfway home and realized we didn't have enough money for gas to get the rest of the way to Rochester. Just as we were approaching empty, we drove by an elderly couple on the highway whose car was heating up and they looked to be in trouble, so we pulled over and a semi pulled behind us. A fire started under the hood and the trucker got his fire extinguisher and put it out, then drove off. The couple gave us $50, and I'm still not sure why.

Hey. Maybe it was God. :w00t:

Holy crap. In '82 six of us went to Daytona for Spring Break in a Jeep Wrangler.  We got about halfway home and realized we didn't have enough money for gas to get the rest of the way to Rochester. Just as we were approaching empty, we drove by an elderly couple on the highway whose car was heating up and they looked to be in trouble, so we pulled over and a semi pulled behind us. A fire started under the hood and the trucker got his fire extinguisher and put it out, then drove off. The couple gave us $50, and I'm still not sure why.

Hey. Maybe it was God. :blink:

859662[/snapback]

Maybe, seems a lot of us back in da day had similiar experiences. Pretty sure kids today would just call home and get some money wired. Well my crew, we all pretty much would have gotten the same reponce from our folks"you got your ass down, now get it back up" and stop spending all your money doing this :) and get your ass working or begging!!!