Bills currently picking 14th

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

Ouch!

That's pretty much the top Mock site on the web and the place I go to all the time. With Dwayne Jarrett, Marshawn Lynch, Paul Poluszny, and others still on the board; they have us taking......

JaMarcus Russell, QB LSU

858507[/snapback]

JP will be the starter for this team barring injury come next season. The bills will draft a QB in the lower round to groom him for the future. Two reason. Jauron does not have

the luxury of taking a rookie QB and getting him through a season or playing a veteran for a season before the QB starts....If Jauron gets a 6-10 record next year, he will be fired, especially if there is no chance to go to the playoffs in 2008 with that rookie.

If for any reason the bills do go the QB way, I want them to pick a QB from a big college program that understand the pro-game.

Ouch!

That's pretty much the top Mock site on the web and the place I go to all the time. With Dwayne Jarrett, Marshawn Lynch, Paul Poluszny, and others still on the board; they have us taking......

JaMarcus Russell, QB LSU

858507[/snapback]

Well if those guys are still on the board, I have only one word...

Posluszny

(Sounds like a Polish drinking toast, no? "Posluszny!!!" :doh: )

Ouch!

JaMarcus Russell, QB LSU

858507[/snapback]

Wow, that was from the top mock draft site? Marv and Dick don't like JP? Have they even watched the Bills before or was this made before the season started?

There is no way the Bills take a QB in the first round (almost a bet the house kind of guarantee). From everything they have said so far, this coaching staff seems sold on JP and recently he has shown why they are.

I can guarentee they will not take a QB...a CB will only be taken if they let Clements go and they don't sign A. Samual in his place....

I would look for us to trade down, possibly with the Pats for their 2 first rounders, provided there is not a clear cut stud that they can't pass up on...in any event I would be surprised if they don't trade down for more picks...this seems like this could be a great draft year

If the season ended today...

It will either be a quick, wrap up tackling LB - we've had too many missed tackles this year and we need someone with speed who can keep up with TEs - I wish AJ Hawk was available for us last year; plus with TKO still hurting & turning 30 (His Bday is the day we play the Fish), Fletch a FA & over 30, and now Crowell hurt - they will grab a LB early in the draft; possibly in addition to Cato June as an FA

or

A dominate pass catching TE - JP needs a good outlet to toss the ball too; I think a WR is a late first day pick or early second day pick

Now this is depending on what happens over the last 4 games...leaving all things consistent...

I don't see them messing with the OL in the first or second round; they are playing well - McNally can expect another late day OL pick....

If things change over the next for games with the OL...it will be a late first round or a second/third rounder - no way it's a high first and now way its a second day development project

Ouch!

JaMarcus Russell, QB LSU

858507[/snapback]

With needs like #2 receiver (Ginn or Jarret) LB (poslusny) TE, and Guard, I do not see the Bills picking another quarterback in the first after the way losman has played of late :doh:

A dominate pass catching TE - JP needs a good outlet to toss the ball too; I think a WR is a late first day pick or early second day pick

858548[/snapback]

For the umteen millionth time, it is dominant. To be dominant is to consistently dominate. Example: Bruce Smith proved he was a dominant defensive end, as he dominated the Colts offensive line and sacked Jeff George four times.

For the umteen millionth time, it is dominant. To be dominant is to consistently  dominate. Example: Bruce Smith proved he was a dominant defensive end, as he dominated the Colts offensive line and sacked Jeff George four times.

858575[/snapback]

I agree...you are correct....it was a typo on my part...it happens..I didn't even notice that I typed it like that

Seeing that this isn't a term paper or a memo/email being sent around an organization; I don't re-read every last thing my fingers type; I give it a quick glance to make sure it is coherent and gets a point across...spelling...as long as I don't butcher it when I type it out...this is simply a message board

sometimes i don't even capitalize my I's

:doh:

I don't see them messing with the OL in the first or second round; they are playing well - McNally can expect another late day OL pick....

858548[/snapback]

No. No. No. We need to pick OL on the first day. It doesn't have to be a first rounder...but definitely in round 2 and/or 3.

http://www.nfldraftforecast.com/draft/order.shtml

As much as I loved the streak we were on, I think we'll be damn lucky to win two of the next four games.

1.) New York Jets on the Road: The Jets are on a helluva roll right now. They're 7-5 and are running on all cylinders. They annhilated Brett and the Packers last week on the road. They know that their last 4 games are against teams under .500. They smell the playoffs.

2.) Miami Dolphins at Home: This is probably the best chance we have at a win and I expect them to pull it out. But it won't be as easy as we thought it would be. Joey Harrington is emerging as their QB and Ronnie Brown is a terror on the ground.

3.) Tennessee Titans at Home: Wow, this kid thinks he's back in Texas. And their RB is running better than he ever did in Buffalo. He'll have a little more steam in his step returning to the Ralph. By the way, they just handed Peyton only his 2nd loss of the season.

4.) Baltimore Ravens on the Road: This game looked like it was going to be the Bills starters against the Ravens reserves. Unfortunately, after the Ravens loss to the Bengals and what seems like a million AFC teams driving for a playoff berth; Baltimore will be playing for something.

NOW you'll notice that Buffalo is currently sitting at 14. But what a lot of people haven't noticed is that this year is different than the last couple years in that most teams are winning more. So there isn't a whole lot seperating the teams.

As a matter of fact, the difference between Buffalo picking at 14 and Houston picking at 5 is one win! Last year we picked at 8 with a record of 5-11. This year's 8 could be someone with a record of 6-10 or 7-9.

Another thing to look at is the playoff picture. 12 teams make it to the playoffs every year. With Buffalo not making it, they won't be picking any lower than 20. But again, with the way the AFC is playing out; teams with a record of 10-6 or 9-7 will just barely miss. So it's pretty much impossible that we'll be picking at the higher end of 15.

I predict we finish the season 7-9 (although 6-10 is a DEFINITE possibility) and will be picking at 10 or 11. With that said, here's a look at the top 13 players, in no particular order (Jr's included are pretty much locks to come out):

Brady Quinn, QB Notre Dame

Joe Thomas, OT Wisconsin

Calvin Johnson, WR Georgia Tech (Jr.)

Adrian Peterson, RB Oklahoma (Jr.)

Ted Ginn Jr., WR Ohio State (Jr.)

Dwayne Jarrett, WR USC (Jr.)

Marshawn Lynch, RB California (Jr.)

Alan Branch, DT Michigan (Jr.)

Paul Poluzsny, LB Penn State

Gaines Adams, DE Clemson

Jake Long, OT Michigan (Jr.)

Leon Hall, CB Michigan

Troy Smith, QB Ohio State (or) JaMarcus Russell, QB LSU (Jr.) [One or both will be a top pick]

Now with the exception of the QB's (I pray J.P. is the guy), I would kill to have any of those guys. And with the way things are playing out, we will  :doh:

EDIT: Here's a pic I found that someone made of Dwayne Jarrett. I really can't argue with that thought:

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f212/ste...rrett_bills.jpg

857795[/snapback]

the bills will finish 7-9 - bank on it.

No. No. No.  We need to pick OL on the first day.  It doesn't have to be a first rounder...but definitely in round 2 and/or 3.

858616[/snapback]

If the line keeps playing like it is...I'm thinking a most likely third rounder or if we end up with 2 second round pics, a 2nd rounder....I think a TE, provided a worthy one is still available, and a DL or a LB will come before the OL - they may go the FA route on the OL & LB

They need a better OL pick than a 5-6-7 rounder...There is now way the take a first round OL unless it is with a pick between 27-32 - it won't be a mid rounder or a top pick - no way

I agree...you are correct....it was a typo on my part...it happens..I didn't even notice that I typed it like that

Seeing that this isn't a term paper or a memo/email being sent around an organization; I don't re-read every last thing my fingers type; I give it a quick glance to make sure it is coherent and gets a point across...spelling...as long as I don't butcher it when I type it out...this is simply a message board

sometimes i don't even capitalize my I's

:)

858595[/snapback]

I was just saying cuz people always write dominate when it should be dominant. It is just one of those things that people could do to make our board look a little more intelligent than the jets boards.

No. No. No.  We need to pick OL on the first day.  It doesn't have to be a first rounder...but definitely in round 2 and/or 3.

858616[/snapback]

agreed absolutely need to be looking at a LG, RG,or RT in the first couple rounds

Like Patulski..............Oh wait, that didn't work out too well    :doh:

858757[/snapback]

Forget Patulski - like most players from ND, he should wear a dress!

I will gladly...eagerly, even...bet you a case of Ocacim or Krakus beer that Posluszny is a stud and a star in the NFL.

Na Zdrowie! :w00t:

Well if those guys are still on the board, I have only one word...

Posluszny

(Sounds like a Polish drinking toast, no?  "Posluszny!!!" :w00t: )

858536[/snapback]

That will make a fine toast, Your Honor.

:doh:

That would be nice. But I just don't see it.

859478[/snapback]

I dont say this just out of homorism.....

- Go back and take a look at the average points of loss by this team....we have been in nearly EVERY game......

- Go back and take a look at the good teams we have faced......a field goal away from beating the colts.....some lousy calls away from coming back on the chargers........

- We were on a winning streak till we ran into the chargers.....

We are going to win against the jets.....

FYI #1: JP will be our starter in 2007, and whoever we take in the first round will also start. We will not take a QB in the first round, because it is very unlikely we can start two QBs effectively.

FYI #2: Mock drafts are not close to accurate weeks before the draft, much less half a year (but I read them all anyway).

FYI #3: The national media including this particular site have no idea about the way Marv and Dick think, and they really don't care. For main news stories only the top 10 teams count (which we aren't) and for draft boards only the top 10 picks count (which we aren't). Even when we were at #8 last year and somewhat more predictable just a week before the draft NOBODY had us taking Whitner and many had us taking Justice and Bunkley (and others).

I think that people on this board (me excluded) actually know more about the Bills than the national media, and I'm much more interested in what our experts think than what the national media say. But thanks for the link, and I will keep reading all of the mock drafts and stuff, but always with a large grain of salt.