A Few Thoughts About The Game....

1) Enough is enough. Hey Marv, call the agent who represents Clements and offer him a 15 million dollar bonus to extend. If he says no, offer him 20.

2) I must say that I miss Wade, and the contributions that he made to the defense of the Buffalo Bills.

3) Duke Preston has good hands.

4) I am not a violent person. Would someone explain to me why I want to punch Rivers in his face? Thanks. I'm confused.

5) Watching Jason Peters is nothing short of a pleasure. Oh, and before anybody complains about the Merriman sack, JP lost his footing.

6) A time-out and THEN a challenge? Ya think Schottenheimer would have done this?

7) Which of our early round safeties was worse today, Simpson or Whitner? Maybe I should start a effing poll. Anyway, my vote goes out to Whitner, who was beaten like a B word on almost every play. Liked him last week fellas, but he was flat out brutal today, especially for a #8. Damn.  ^_^

8) Is anybody going to tell us again how Schobel isn't a good defensive end? Maybe he is just "high motor," huh? On second thought, perhaps he is one of the best in the league, and the DE position is the most solid on the football team. Just thinking out loud, excuse me.

9) I gotta hand one thing to Jauron....this team simply does not quit. Do you  guys know how much this means? In that one sense, they are like us. I am proud of this team for this. It's about time. Good riddance Eric, you loser! See ya Sam! We just need a few more big, impact players. Maybe we can get there.

10) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

855657[/snapback]

Summed it all in one post, great job. Going to the game Sunday Bill? I'll be there

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to add I was furious when the Bills didn't go for it on that 4th and 3 inches. We were down 10 to 0 and needed to get some momentum going. That was the play to get it going. 3 inches a QB sneak would get the inches.

I turned off the game at that point and and went shopping for a couch, didn't come back until the 4th qtr. I missedc those two quick touchdowns.

I agree they do deserve some credit.  However, who rotates with Schoebel?  And, someone else can comment on the salaries?  I don't know how that stacks up. 

Point still being, you're comparing the production of 2 players against the production of 1 player and saying that he sucks.  How can you conclude that he is so bad, when he's doing the equivalent job of 2 people?

855880[/snapback]

Never said he sucks. Actually I said he's playing well. Just trying to point out that the other 2 guys are producing as much or more (more tackles overall by double) and playing combined about as much as Schoebel. Hargrove has begun to rotate in (for Schoebel) the past few games, but Schoebel overall for the season has played a high percentage of all of the snaps at his position. It's a fair comparison since the 2 players combined have not played significantly more snaps than Schoebel.

I would like to add I was furious when the Bills didn't go for it on that 4th and 3 inches.  We were down 10 to 0 and needed to get some momentum going. That was the play to get it going. 3 inches a QB sneak would get the inches.

I turned off the game at that point and and went shopping for a couch, didn't come back until the 4th qtr. I missedc those two quick touchdowns.

855886[/snapback]

Given where we were on the field at the time, I could live with the decision to punt. I was more bothered by the decision to go into the fetal position with that last offensive position of the half. Three straight runs... and then a punt. That was also inexcusable that the refs gave the Chargers that extra time out with the non-requested measurement. Why was there a measurement in the first place? The Bills punting unit was already out on the field!

My thoughts about the game are that Willis stinks. If he learned to run hard north/south then he could be good but he insists on shuffling his feet at the line or trying to juke guys and he's not fast enough to do that. And way to go Willis on catching that short pass and not getting the 1st down. He just flat out blows.

And Peerless simply quit on that 1st drive INT. He killed JP. Nice to see the DB come back to the ball while Price just stood there and watched him pick it off.

My thoughts about the game are that Willis stinks.  If he learned to run hard north/south then he could be good but he insists on shuffling his feet at the line or trying to juke guys and he's not fast enough to do that.  And way to go Willis on catching that short pass and not getting the 1st down.  He just flat out blows.

And Peerless simply quit on that 1st drive INT.  He killed JP.  Nice to see the DB come back to the ball while Price just stood there and watched him pick it off.

855972[/snapback]

You know, more often than not there is no where to run, the run blocking is bad, watch the Jaxs game again and the long TD run by McGahee was because he bounced to the outside on an intended run up the middle.

What bothers me is when he starts shuffling his feet on critical times. Today on a 3rd and 1 he received a pass on a screen and he only had to run straignt ahead for the first down, he was stopped 1 yard shy of the marker because of the same thing.

A-Train, even with his limitations is aware of what happens on the field.

After watching the game again a few more observations.

1) TKO had an excellent game, if he can get back to 100% heading into next year it would keep us even more flexible for a potential excellent draft. Without TKO at full strenght we definitely need to look LB in 1-3 rounds.

2) This is one of those games that all the calls went the other way. Two drives were killed with clear pass interference no calls. The in the grasp call was huge and took back a 15yard gain into FG range. PP got pushed out. WM converted 1st that was negated with a bad spot...etc

3) JP is great when he has time. WM keeps looking to bounce outside when its not there.

4) Clements had a monster game. Maybe his best ever. We need to resign him badly.

5) We had 3 chances to keep the MO in the 3rd queater and take the lead all three drives started well and stalled. This game was close and is one that we can build on.

My thoughts about the game are that Willis stinks.  If he learned to run hard north/south then he could be good but he insists on shuffling his feet at the line or trying to juke guys and he's not fast enough to do that.  And way to go Willis on catching that short pass and not getting the 1st down.  He just flat out blows.

And Peerless simply quit on that 1st drive INT.  He killed JP.  Nice to see the DB come back to the ball while Price just stood there and watched him pick it off.

855972[/snapback]

Right on!

I would like to add I was furious when the Bills didn't go for it on that 4th and 3 inches.  We were down 10 to 0 and needed to get some momentum going. That was the play to get it going. 3 inches a QB sneak would get the inches.

855886[/snapback]

You know at first when we ended up that close I thought "go for it"!, But then sanity took over. I can't recall exactly, but it was either late 2nd qtr or early 3rd, and we were somewhere in our end (around the 35 yard line)? Going for it there is CRAZY. I know it always seems gutless, but you have to take your field position and amount of time left in the game into consideration.

they lost

856119[/snapback]

...and J.P. Losman is very low on the list of reason's why. In fact, I would venture to say he was our best player on offense and it really isn't even close. That isn't saying ALL that much in this particular case. But then again, he did step up the most in a game that we lost by 3 points against one of the best teams in the league, and put in those terms, it is a pretty good game.

The passing game (directed, or course, by Losman) was practically our entire offense.

What little running game there was, was supplied by Losman. In case you didn't notice, he was our best runner today (26 yards, tying McGahee for the most yards, on a heck a lot fewer attempts).

His three turnovers led to exactly three Charger points. He threw for 14 points.

The defense gave up 200 yards rushing.

The Bills played one hell of a good team. The officials also did their part, too.

Losman did not play all that well, but he certainly did his part to get a W. The defense also didn't play all that well, but did their part to earn a win, also. Willis McGahee and Anthony Thomas did not do their part to earn a win. Some incredibly bad and poorly timed calls by the officials and a non-existant running game were the #1a and #1b reasons the Bills lost.

...and J.P. Losman is very low on the list of reason's why. In fact, I would venture to say he was our best player on offense and it really isn't even close. That isn't saying ALL that much in this particular case. But then again, he did step up the most in a game that we lost by 3 points against one of the best teams in the league, and put in those terms, it is a pretty good game.

The passing game (directed, or course, by Losman) was practically our entire offense.

What little running game there was, was supplied by Losman. In case you didn't notice, he was our best runner today (26 yards, tying McGahee for the most yards, on a heck a lot fewer attempts).

His three turnovers led to exactly three Charger points. He threw for 14 points.

The defense gave up 200 yards rushing.

The Bills played one hell of a good team. The officials also did their part, too.

Losman did not play all that well, but he certainly did his part to get a W. The defense also didn't play all that well, but did their part to earn a win, also. Willis McGahee and Anthony Thomas did not do their part to earn a win. Some incredibly bad and poorly timed calls by the officials and a non-existant running game were the #1a and #1b reasons the Bills lost.

856141[/snapback]

I don't think it was Jp's best game but one of his picks was a result of his arm getting hit just as he was releasing the ball. I noticed this on the replay.

Your thoughts are always very intelligent and interesting to read Bill, unlike some of the more recent blathering spin-offs. I just want to add something that hit me today...

I realized that I am starting to believe in JP - regardless of what stats may or may not show. I have always been relatively indifferent with respect to him. Whenever it mattered I would get that bad feeling in my stomach when he would drop back. It's probably the result of the past two weeks (combination of O-line and JP play) but today I never got that feeling, and instead believed that JP could make something happen.

7) Which of our early round safeties was worse today, Simpson or Whitner? Maybe I should start a effing poll. Anyway, my vote goes out to Whitner, who was beaten like a B word on almost every play. Liked him last week fellas, but he was flat out brutal today, especially for a #8. Damn.  ^_^

855657[/snapback]

If you are going to call a 4th round safety an "early round pick", then dont B word about the OL, because we addressed it with an early 5th round pick.