Gwyneth Paltrow doesn't like us

SilverNRed

Link

"I love the English lifestyle, it's not as capitalistic as America. People don't talk about work and money, they talk about interesting things at dinner," she told "NS," the weekend magazine supplement of daily Portuguese newspaper Diario de Noticias on Saturday.
Yeah, I'm sure talking about money is boring to the girl who grew up with rich parents and got her career because Steven Spielberg is a "family friend."

"I like living here because I don't fit into the bad side of American psychology. The British are much more intelligent and civilized than the Americans," the 34-year-old added.
Says the woman who named her kid "Apple."

I guess even if Gwyneth has to live with the shame of being born in America, she can always be proud of her awesome movie career and all those great movies she was in like......uh....hmmm....I guess maybe her five minutes of screentime in Seven? :thumbdown:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Link

Yeah, I'm sure talking about money is boring to the girl who grew up with rich parents and got her career because Steven Spielberg is a "family friend."

I guess even if Gwyneth has to live with the shame of being born in America, she can always be proud of her awesome movie career and all those great movies she was in like......uh....hmmm....I guess maybe her five minutes of screentime in Seven? :thumbdown:

854337[/snapback]

Apparently 'GOD' is a very uninteresting and materialistic subject...since so few Brits attend church now. So 'uncivilized'.

Link

854337[/snapback]

Who cares? In other news, Elton John thinks girls are ickey. Let her think whatever she wants and worry about more important stuff like navel lint and whether every snow flake truly is unique.

Link

854337[/snapback]

I'm agreeing with you, but I think she got her "in" to acting because her father was a TV producer and her mother is actress Blythe Danner (Gaylord Focker's mother-in-law).

I really can't fckin stand these Hollywood stars. It seems these stupid fcks get so bored with life due to their ability to buy or have anything that they desire. When you have so much money and can get anything you want, you no longer have the dreams or goals that most people work for. This boredom leads to crap like the spread of scientology and people like Tom Cruise trying to tell me that medicine is bad. Most of these so-called "stars" have lost all touch with reality. Why must we continue to listen to this horsesh--.

Call me nuts, but this DOES bother me. The chic thing to bash America, the people in it and everything about it is getting to be a little much. I guess we kind of deserve it, given the war, but its still a bit much. Being called an "Ugly American" and the like...while most people around the world dont even have the class and ability to bathe and wipe their asses properly. Please.

Mind you, Im not losing sleep over it, but I wont spend a red cent to see one of her POS film anymore, either. Hopefully those Brits can keep her living high on the hog.

Mind you, Im not losing sleep over it, but I wont spend a red cent to see one of her POS film anymore, either. Hopefully those Brits can keep her living high on the hog.

856326[/snapback]

Mind you, she's concerned about how much more intelligent the Brits are, then she goes and make an Austin Powers movie, and let's not mention -Sky Captain and the World of tomorrow.

You would have thought those movies were beneath her, oh wait- they paid her in dollars and not pounds.

Link

I guess even if Gwyneth has to live with the shame of being born in America, she can always be proud of her awesome movie career and all those great movies she was in like......uh....hmmm....I guess maybe her five minutes of screentime in Seven? :D

854337[/snapback]

Your PPP buddies call American people “stupid” almost every day down in the politics forum, so I’ll expect to see you post the same outrage in response to one of their posts that you’ve done in response to Gwyneth Paltrow’s offhand remark to a Portuguese entertainment paper. But I doubt it will happen because this really isn’t about Gwyneth Paltrow calling American people stupid. It’s about you disagreeing with her politics, your schtick about all left-leaning celebrities hating America and all media being liberally biased.

I'll repeat it again:

An actor (I can't remember who, but I think it may have been James Woods) said:

"Why do you care what my opinion on anything is? I'm a stupid guy who's only talent is memorizing words someone else wrote for me."

I'll repeat it again:

An actor (I can't remember who, but I think it may have been James Woods) said:

"Why do you care what my opinion on anything is? I'm  a stupid guy who's only talent is memorizing words someone else wrote for me."

856517[/snapback]

That sounds like something Woods would say.

Your PPP buddies call American people “stupid” almost every day down in the politics forum, so I’ll expect to see you post the same outrage in response to one of their posts that you’ve done in response to Gwyneth Paltrow’s offhand remark to a Portuguese entertainment paper.  But I doubt it will happen because this really isn’t about Gwyneth Paltrow calling American people stupid.  It’s about you disagreeing with her politics, your schtick about all left-leaning celebrities hating America and all media being liberally biased.

856351[/snapback]

nice post. Hey... Gwyneth is entitled to her opinion.

Your PPP buddies call American people “stupid” almost every day down in the politics forum, so I’ll expect to see you post the same outrage in response to one of their posts that you’ve done in response to Gwyneth Paltrow’s offhand remark to a Portuguese entertainment paper.  But I doubt it will happen because this really isn’t about Gwyneth Paltrow calling American people stupid.  It’s about you disagreeing with her politics, your schtick about all left-leaning celebrities hating America and all media being liberally biased.

856351[/snapback]

The obvious difference is that she's saying Americans are dumber than the people in the country that she's currently pretending that she's from.

Americans can be pretty dumb but no worse than the morons all around the rest of the world. And it's pretty trashy for a rich, spoiled American to go abroad and trash her country. For every problem I have with this country, I wouldn't go to other countries and bash it. Would you?

It's called class and the poor little rich girl doesn't have any.

That sounds like something Woods would say.

856523[/snapback]

I thought so, too. Of course, Jimmy was 1 semester shy of graduating from MIT with a degree in mathematics. I'm sure he was just being hyperbolic.

:blush::P:D

Hey you guys don't mind if I laugh at my own jokes, do ya?

David: You know how I know you're gay?

Cal: How?

David: You like Coldplay.