Gwyneth Paltrow doesn't like us

SilverNRed

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell, I'll stay in this country and bash it.  I won't kiss up to Limeys for the sake of appearing cultured, like she did, but everything Paltrow said about Americans is pretty much spot-on.

857228[/snapback]

Americans are too capitalistic and only talk about money at the dinner table? What? :doh:

Two main problems with Gwyneth:

1. She just put down 300 million Americans to score points abroad.

2. She has no idea what she's talking about. Gwyneth Paltrow has about as much in common with the average American as that African kid Madonna just adopted.

The additional problem with Gwyneth Paltrow is that she completely sucks. She starred in Shallow Hal and was the head in the box in Seven.

There's plenty of stuff to bash America for but if you're in this for the long haul (like we are) then it's basically the same as laughing at yourself. Yeah, I can laugh at all the retarded parts of American culture but I'm not doing that to appear intellectual.

Americans are too capitalistic and only talk about money at the dinner table?  What?  :doh:

Two main problems with Gwyneth:

1.  She just put down 300 million Americans to score points abroad.

2.  She has no idea what she's talking about.  Gwyneth Paltrow has about as much in common with the average American as that African kid Madonna just adopted. 

The additional problem with Gwyneth Paltrow is that she completely sucks.  She starred in Shallow Hal and was the head in the box in Seven. 

There's plenty of stuff to bash America for but if you're in this for the long haul (like we are) then it's basically the same as laughing at yourself.  Yeah, I can laugh at all the retarded parts of American culture but I'm not doing that to appear intellectual.

857279[/snapback]

Maybe she is still mad at Ben Affleck. He's American, isn't he?

:blink:  Yeah, that one sucked.

857352[/snapback]

Not to mention Armageddon.

Not to mention Daredevil.

Crap, I never thought starting this thread would force me to remember all the terrible Affleck movies I've seen in my life -- all of which were as traumatic as seeing Britney Spears' c-section scar. :doh:

It's possible Paltrow dated this guy just to make sure that anytime anyone noticed how much she sucks, they'd immediately think "Yeah, but at least she's not Ben Affleck...."

:blink:  Yeah, that one sucked.

857352[/snapback]

"Hey, let's make a movie about Pearl Harbor! We'll start it out with the Battle of Britain, end it with the Doolittle raid, and have Josh Hartnett fool around with Kate Beckinsale in between! Oh, and maybe we should show the attack too..."

You know your movie sucks when Ben Affleck is the bright spot in the film. :doh: That piece of sh-- should have come with a disclaimer: "Incredibly stupid !@#$ing film. Do not watch."

The obvious difference is that she's saying Americans are dumber than the people in the country that she's currently pretending that she's from.

Americans can be pretty dumb but no worse than the morons all around the rest of the world.  And it's pretty trashy for a rich, spoiled American to go abroad and trash her country.  For every problem I have with this country, I wouldn't go to other countries and bash it.  Would you?

It's called class and the poor little rich girl doesn't have any.

856729[/snapback]

Actually, as a whole, I believe that the British are a little smarter and a little more civilized. They don't speak about money or work as much as Americans do. They have a little more interest in the arts and books and the world at large than Americans. So what's your point? I also believe that the smartest of the Americans on average are smarter than the Brits, and the best of us beat the best of them in virtually everything. And you cannot find anyone more dumb than some of the Brit trash. So I am not bashing America. But on the whole, I didn't find one thing she said to be possible if not very probable, and certainly my experience with Brits is the same.

That is, of course, if she even said these things. She never did an interview with the publication that printed the story.

http://entertainment.iafrica.com/news/510086.htm

Like I said, my main problem is that she's bashing her country to score points abroad. I don't care if she really loves Great Britain and says so, but she goes out of her way to mention America and mention how bad it is compared to whereever. All the more perplexing because this country seems to have been really good to her.

Did she say it? The magazine that printed it supposedly took it from another interview she did. Also, this isn't the first time she has said something like this. She's pretty consistantly a retard.

She must be confused. Dinner conversation? :lol:

Most American families don't sit down at a dinner table. We throw burgers and fries around the Mini van to our children on the way to or from an after school soccer/baseball/football/basketball/hockey/karate/dance/cheerleading/band/choir practice.

:D

And now out comes the denial machines

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?...43972>1=7701

apparently it might not have a positive effect on your carreer if you bash the hand that feeds you so you have to deny everything

Although its possible she didn't say it, its not like an entertainment magazine has never twisted words around

I wonder if at dinnertime they talk about the Oscar that the Weinsteins bought for her performance for Shakespeare in Love?

Still one of the worst wins in Oscar history: Paltrow for Shakespeare over Cate Blanchett for Elizabeth.  :doh:

858412[/snapback]

I know this is a pile-on Paltrow thread, for something she may or may not have said, but this is kind of silly. The kind of nonsense that causes idiots on this board, and others, to say that Jane Fonda is a horrible actress. Their politics and their talent are not related.

I won't argue that Cate Blanchett is not a better actress, or that you couldn't make an argument that she was more deserving than Paltrow. However, if you look at the string of "newbies" that the Oscars have awarded (Hallie Berry for chrissake!), Paltrow is at the higher end of the talent scale. The fact that she has been in one bad movie after another, since winning the Oscar, does not make her a bad actress. It is just indicitive that Hollywood makes one bad film after another. She was very good in "Shakespere in Love". She was also very good in a number of roles before that.

It is just indicitive that Hollywood makes one bad film after another.  She was very good in "Shakespere in Love".  She was also very good in a number of roles before that.

858523[/snapback]

Or, it could be that she just makes one bad decision after another. She is, after all, in a position to say yay or nay to any offer on the table to be in a film.

OR, which is most probably the case just looking at the decisions she does make, that Gwenyth Paltrow simply doesn't care much what other people think of the films she decides to do. She agrees to be in film after film after film that she knows full well will not be box office hits, and could hurt her career at the bargaining table. There simply isn't any doubt about that. She agrees to be in all kinds of little indie films because she likes to work with a director or an actor or likes the subject matter even though it does little for her career. That is completely noble and laudable.

And believe me, I am not sticking up for Gwenyth Paltrow. In fact, I think she totally sucks as an actress, and is ice cold, and not even attractive, and hardly ever believable except when she is asked in the film to be cold and stuffy and unattractive.

What are the chances that she's actually had dinner conversations with the stupid Americans?

Sounds like she's more pissed off at the celebrity gawking socialites, than the TV watching overweight boobs that most of us are.

And believe me, I am not sticking up for Gwenyth Paltrow. In fact, I think she totally sucks as an actress, and is ice cold, and not even attractive, and hardly ever believable except when she is asked in the film to be cold and stuffy and unattractive.

858593[/snapback]

Oh well...maybe she can only do "cold, stuffy and unattractive", but that gives her a leg up on most of her peers...