Losman is half Mexican?

The Big Cat

I just read JP's entry on Wikipedia and was fascinated to find out that he was half Mexican. In all honesty, the only nationality I ever assumed was that shared by Robert Zimmerman and Adam Sandler...

Is there a precedent of ANY kind of Mexican quarterback in the NFL?

Ole, JP! Y en este domingo, vaya con dios!

I don't remember a lot of it off the top of my head, but I know that when he was getting some press at the draft there were a fair number of stories on his background. I remember him having a pretty interesting upbringing, in addition to some of his rationale as to why he went away (from Cali) to college instead of sticking around home.

JP is an interesting kid.

I just read JP's entry on Wikipedia and was fascinated to find out that he was half Mexican.  In all honesty, the only nationality I ever assumed was that shared by Robert Zimmerman and Adam Sandler... 

Ole, JP!  Y en este domingo, vaya con dios!

853958[/snapback]

That's pretty interesting. :D

I don't remember a lot of it off the top of my head, but I know that when he was getting some press at the draft there were a fair number of stories on his background. I remember him having a pretty interesting upbringing, in addition to some of his rationale as to why he went away (from Cali) to college instead of sticking around home.

JP is an interesting kid.

853980[/snapback]

When he spoke to the "campers" at Jim Kelly Football Camp, he told them (myself included) that he transferred from UCLA because, as much as he loved his family and stuff, he was still living too close to them to ever learn how to be responsible for himself.

...that, and he was probably buried on the depth chart. But still, transferring from UCLA to Tulane was more mature than from UCLA to some junior college.

I just read JP's entry on Wikipedia and was fascinated to find out that he was half Mexican.  In all honesty, the only nationality I ever assumed was that shared by Robert Zimmerman and Adam Sandler... 

853958[/snapback]

JP stands for Juan Pierre.

Tony Romo, the "it" quarterback of the moment, is mexican american. Real name- Antonio Ramero Romo.

853958[/snapback]

853958[/snapback]

Dude, seriously, where the hell have you been these last three years? I thought this was common knowledge by the time we were making our failed playoff run in 2004.

Dude, seriously, where the hell have you been these last three years? I thought this was common knowledge by the time we were making our failed playoff run in 2004.

854122[/snapback]

Sorry! I never bothered to pay attention to the man's nationality!! I always just assumed he was Jewish!

peep the longevity of my TSW membership, then you'll know "where I've been!" :D