Bills game against SD blacked out

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People don't want to pay for tickets in the expectation that the Bills will get routed.

But the team needs the noise on their behalf. It matters. Buffalo fans know their role. Get in there and do your part. If you live nearby, have the free time and the cash, get in there.

No Excuses!

I think most Bills fans know we are not a playoff team and we suck on both sides of the line. 

If, however, we play in January, then I'm sure we'll see all of them clamoring for tix.

852855[/snapback]

I think people are cautiously optimistic right now. If they pull out a win against SD, Buffalo will go crazy, talk will equal the Sabres.

I dont live there so I cant pretend to know the situation of why tickets dont sell, but I will say that when the final attendance figures for the league come out after the season Buffalo will still have higher attendance rates then a good portion of teams.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/attendance Those are the figures from 01-06.

Worst fanbase in the NFL.

What a crying shame.

852886[/snapback]

This statement is ludicrous. Buffalo is 12th in the entire league in average attendance per game despite playing in one of the smallest markets.

We are just barely below our average attendance for last year (2% below, in fact). We are 3% above our average in 2002 (the Bledsoe Year One) and 12% above our average in 2001.

These doom and gloom posts are more idiotic than anything I've seen in any Losman/Holcomb/Nall debate. Please. Not that long ago blackouts were a regular occurance. Less than 2% shift year over year is NOTHING. We still outdraw New England, a team supported by the large city of Boston and the entire region of New England, after winning 3 Super Bowls in the last 5 years and building a new stadium.

These blackouts are simply a function of having a stadium too large for the region, NOTHING MORE.

I dunno  :bag:

This could get very ugly and I'm not sure I'd put down cash money just to watch the Bills get stomped.

Bills fans are passionate but they are not stupid.

IF this team starts winning or at least playing entertaining football with some consistency you'll see buts in seats. :P

852957[/snapback]

I'm certainly not judging anyone for not going to the game, just those that complain about the non-sellout but don't go themselves. I can understand why someone may not want to go. Personally there is nothing I enjoy more than getting to the lot at 8 and throwing a great tailgate and watching live football. Even a loss is still better than sitting home!