JP on Rome summary

stevewin

Nice interview - JP did a nice job - I was impressed actually

- Led to winning score 2 straight weeks, won 3 last 4 - confidence

- Everyone is confident - lot of plays being left on the field - no one comfortable - lot of work to do

- Teamates confidence in you

- Plays you make on Sun what players respect the most

Practice is practice - need to make plays there but on Sun what they respect the most

- Matter if can't make plays on Sun

- Guys look at you diff when things aren't going right - constantly make plays to show you are a player

- GB ind - 27 passes loss against hou/jax - coaches turned him loose last games

- Not just letting me loose - getting more conf in offensive as whole - changed off line and protection scheme - shorter quicker things to get ball out faster - differences in play calling through to making plays

- New OL

- We are better - but it is a collection - less 7 step - get ball out quicker - mixing up

- 4 qbs in draft class - think acout other guys

- W is what it is about - can't think want better game than some other QB - can't get caught up - have to focus on what we are accomplish

- Favre idol

- got caught watching in pregame and warm-ups - favorite guy - constantly reminded myslef to focus during game

- 3 yrs - struggle up and down

- laughter - worked in off-season have to keep a positive mental state - cool constant level between ups and downs

- Confidence

- Sometimes u question yourselves sometimes you say it is so easy. after first 2 days this week watching SD in film you think this is gonna be tough but after more film it starts to clear up

- Merriman back - great news

- yes, laughter

- Tulane coach firing question

blah blah

- Football in Buffalo

- Different than other stadiums. These fans more passionate - when things are going right they'll do anything also let you know when things aren't going right. Will get in your face. Sometimes respectful - sometimes cross the line (laughter) - around town everyone wants to let you know what they think. Listen on occasion but have to tune out on occasion.

- Never be Jim Kelly

- Like a ghost around here - everyone talks about him and those 4 years - if we make it town will just erupt

Rome then said some nice things about JP and the Bills not quitting this year

I managed to catch most of the interview. I thought JP sounded good, although the emailers made fun of his laugh afterwards (which is probably the best thing to have made fun of when you're a pro athlete).

The most interesting thing he said was how much more confident he (and the team) gets during the week while they are preparing for their opponent. He made it sound like every team looks tough when you first look at the film but by Sunday they understand what they have to do to win. I thought it was candid (that he would admit how daunting each team can look) but also a testament to how good this coaching staff is that the players can have a plan in place to beat each team. That definitely looked like the case against Indy and we almost pulled it off.

I managed to catch most of the interview.  I thought JP sounded good, although the emailers made fun of his laugh afterwards (which is probably the best thing to have made fun of when you're a pro athlete).

The most interesting thing he said was how much more confident he (and the team) gets during the week while they are preparing for their opponent.  He made it sound like every team looks tough when you first look at the film but by Sunday they understand what they have to do to win.  I thought it was candid (that he would admit how daunting each team can look) but also a testament to how good this coaching staff is that the players can have a plan in place to beat each team.  That definitely looked like the case against Indy and we almost pulled it off.

852911[/snapback]

I'm a big JP supporter and enjoyed the interview as well. I like his style (even though he's picked on for it). It's more down to earth and no nonsense (as much as that can get in the sports world).

Yet, I have to say, listening to River's interview after JPs was like night and day. Rivers sounded like he was focused, in control and had been doing this for 10 years. Whereas JP sounded like he was still new and learning the ropes (giddy almost about being on the radio).

Obviously, interviews don't mean squat come Sunday, and I was one of the ones on record prior to the 04 draft saying I thought Rivers was the worst of the lot (yes, I might be eating crow on that one...but not yet since I haven't seen any Chargers games this year), but damn he sounded like a guy I would line up and play for whereas JP sounded like a guy I'd love to have a beer with.

Not that this observation is worth anything, just rambling.

Obviously, interviews don't mean squat come Sunday, and I was one of the ones on record prior to the 04 draft saying I thought Rivers was the worst of the lot (yes, I might be eating crow on that one...but not yet since I haven't seen any Chargers games this year), but damn he sounded like a guy I would line up and play for whereas JP sounded like a guy I'd love to have a beer with.

853044[/snapback]

I think Buffalo in general wants the guy we'd love to have a beer with so I think we got the right guy :P

I think Buffalo in general wants the guy we'd love to have a beer with so I think we got the right guy  :)

853131[/snapback]

I agree. And I'd rather have JP over Rivers. Or Big Ben.

But it was just kind of jarring to me to hear the difference in the interviews. One seemed to expect success the other seemed to be giddy about just a taste of it. Don't know which is better.

I agree. And I'd rather have JP over Rivers. Or Big Ben.

But it was just kind of jarring to me to hear the difference in the interviews. One seemed to expect success the other seemed to be giddy about just a taste of it. Don't know which is better.

853309[/snapback]

Maybe one is a little more of an honest/open interview too...