WGR

bbb

The Bills are coming off one of the best games of the last decade and for two straight days every time I turn that station on they are on a rant about the blackout. Give it a rest...........And, one of the things I've heard multiple time, including just now from whatever loser is on now (why isn't Brad on?!?) is that look at the Sabres - "those games are on alllll the time, and yet look at all those sellouts." Yeah, look at all those sellouts in the last 5-10 years. A year ago, the building was half empty despite a great start.

And, Shoop today - "go to a Sabres game and go to a Bills game and compare and it's not even close" Guess what - I did just that this weekend, and he was right - the Bills game was 10X more fun, more important and more exciting than the Sabres game, even though I did enjoy the Sabres game. It wasn't even close, though.

The Bills are coming off one of the best games of the last decade and for two straight days every time I turn that station on they are on a rant about the blackout.  Give it a rest...........And, one of the things I've heard multiple time, including just now from whatever loser is on now (why isn't Brad on?!?) is that look at the Sabres - "those games are on alllll the time, and yet look at all those sellouts."  Yeah, look at all those sellouts in the last 5-10 years.  A year ago, the building was half empty despite a great start.

And, Shoop today - "go to a Sabres game and go to a Bills game and compare and it's not even close"  Guess what - I did just that this weekend, and he was right - the Bills game was 10X more fun, more important and more exciting than the Sabres game, even though I did enjoy the Sabres game.  It wasn't even close, though.

851175[/snapback]

GR (entercom) still has a chip on it's shoulder ever since they lost the Bills radio coverage. Besides the Joe D and the Lee Evans shows, the only radio voice I listen on gr is :bag:

I agree.

Sick of listening about the blackout. Its been a rule for how long now?

Give it a rest GR.

851420[/snapback]

It's been a rule for as long as I can remember, so yeah...WGR should let it go.

That said, it's a silly rule, especially considering there were more fans at the Ralph on Sunday than in several other cities over the weekend, including the beloved Cowboys in Dallas. :bag:

It would seem to make more sense to me if they blacked out the game if under a certain percentage of the tickets were sold.

If the bills were 10-1(which is equivalent in football terms what the sabres start has been) nobody would be talking about the sabres right now. They keep drilling home the blackout & trying to figure out why there is not a sellout. Simple, 6 dreadful years of football has made the fan base skeptical. Here is the deal, in this area you have imo about 60,000 fans that are die hards & will go to the staduim no matter what. The rest are wait & see type. I guaranty if they end up 8-8 or 9-7 which should make them one of the favorites next year, the season will be pretty much sold out before the year even begins.

The Bills are coming off one of the best games of the last decade and for two straight days every time I turn that station on they are on a rant about the blackout.  Give it a rest...........And, one of the things I've heard multiple time, including just now from whatever loser is on now (why isn't Brad on?!?) is that look at the Sabres - "those games are on alllll the time, and yet look at all those sellouts."  Yeah, look at all those sellouts in the last 5-10 years.  A year ago, the building was half empty despite a great start.

And, Shoop today - "go to a Sabres game and go to a Bills game and compare and it's not even close"  Guess what - I did just that this weekend, and he was right - the Bills game was 10X more fun, more important and more exciting than the Sabres game, even though I did enjoy the Sabres game.  It wasn't even close, though.

851175[/snapback]

Classic Shoop...just looking for a reason to B word about the Bills or the NFL in general. I'm outside listening to the radio while putting up decorations after the game. Here I expect them to talk about what a good win and exciting finish it was and all Shoop can do is WHINE about the game being blacked out. F***ing primadonna! :bag:

Just offering a simple suggestion that most can follow - there are 2 buttons on your radio - the first, depending on the make and model, is marked either "Power" or "On/Off"; the second, on most sets, is marked "Tuning" - I've found that adjusting either one of those solves the WGR problem.

Schoop is a freakin' idiot, and WGR is the worst excuse for sports radio you will ever hear.

Just offering a simple suggestion that most can follow - there are 2 buttons on your radio - the first, depending on the make and model, is marked either "Power" or "On/Off"; the second, on most sets, is marked "Tuning" - I've found that adjusting either one of those solves the WGR problem.

Schoop is a freakin' idiot, and WGR is the worst excuse for sports radio you will ever hear.

851488[/snapback]

I agree, shcoop has said on numerous times that he really isnt even a sports fan & that he really despises the NFL. Why does he have a job on sports radio, I have no idea. I used to listed to WGR all the time, now I maybe listen to them 1hr every couple weeks.

Classic Shoop...just looking for a reason to B word about the Bills or the NFL in general.  I'm outside listening to the radio while putting up decorations after the game.  Here I expect them to talk about what a good win and exciting finish it was and all Shoop can do is WHINE about the game being blacked out.  F***ing primadonna! :bag:

851468[/snapback]

Exactly - I wanted to hear about the game on the postgame and during this week, and it's non-stop blackout. This topic has been argued for the 40 years I've been a fan.

Exactly - I love sports, and sports talk, and there is only one choice, so that turn the dial point gets very old to me.

851513[/snapback]

Yeah, that's why the freakin' idiots brag about being #1 - because there is no #2!

I wouldn't even call what they do "sports talk" - they're complete idiots, and so are most of their callers.

But, unless you also love all the non-sports whining, and chick-flick discussions, idiotic nonsense about milk in bags, and other sophomoric, failed attempts at wit and humor, there is another choice - turn the morons off!

Schopp proved a couple of days ago he has something in common with Mike Vick; both flipped their best customers the bird this week. Vick did it literally, Schopp figuratively.

Anyone catch the Jerry Sullivan show on Monday? A guy calls in to take Sullivan to task and mentions he wrote a letter to the editor. Schopp hangs up on him and then states that anyone who has written a letter to the editor makes him want to puke.

What's the difference between calling in to a talk show on the radio and writing a letter to the editor? They are both just ways to express your opinion. Plus, Schopp must be one of the biggest elitists in WNY. He makes a living expressing his opinion but when others express theirs it makes him want to puke? I guess he feels he's royalty.

He statements were not only insulting, they were stupid.

Schopp proved a couple of days ago he has something in common with Mike Vick; both flipped their best customers the bird this week. Vick did it literally, Schopp figuratively.

Anyone catch the Jerry Sullivan show on Monday? A guy calls in to take Sullivan to task and mentions he wrote a letter to the editor. Schopp hangs up on him and then states that anyone who has written a letter to the editor makes him want to puke.

What's the difference between calling in to a talk show on the radio and writing a letter to the editor? They are both just ways to express your opinion. Plus, Schopp must be one of the biggest elitists in WNY. He makes a living expressing his opinion but when others express theirs it makes him want to puke? I guess he feels he's royalty.

He statements were not only insulting, they were stupid.

851560[/snapback]

Schopp is becoming absolutely insufferable. I don't mind the station as a whole, but I just can't listen to Schopp and the Bulldog.

Howard :censored:

Brad :censored:

Sabres coverage :lol:

Schopp :bag::thumbdown::angry::huh:

I'd like to thank the new smileys for making that possible.

Yeah, that's why the freakin' idiots brag about being #1 - because there is no #2!

I wouldn't even call what they do "sports talk" - they're complete idiots, and so are most of their callers.

But, unless you also love all the non-sports whining, and chick-flick discussions, idiotic nonsense about milk in bags, and other sophomoric, failed attempts at wit and humor, there is another choice - turn the morons off!

851529[/snapback]

To tell you the truth, I don't mind the talk about non-sports stuff. There is only so much you can talk about sports in a two sport town. And, I think their sense of humor is pretty good. They make me laugh in the car, usually.

But, this Bills and NFL bashing is just ridiculous. Over and over, ad nauseum.

That's when I do take your advise and turn it, but sometimes there really isn't anything else I want to hear. I may not be in the mood for music, and I usually could care less about what Sandy Beach or NPR are talking about.

BTW, where did you get that picture of Marv? I'd like to save one to my hard drive. That is from that video, probably by NFL Films, with Marv walking the field before what must have been a big game. It's my favorite sportsman at the height of his power and glory.

Schopp is becoming absolutely insufferable.  I don't mind the station as a whole, but I just can't listen to Schopp and the Bulldog.

851564[/snapback]

I can listen to Schopp easier than the Bulldog. Geez, the guy can hardly speak, strings like 6 half sentences with no complete thought in any of them. When he's done it's like what the hell did he even say

As far as the lack of sell-outs, when half your home games are after Thanksgiving and the lousy weather you can have, it is always going to be tough to sell them

As far as the lack of sell-outs, when half your home games are after Thanksgiving and the lousy weather you can have, it is always going to be tough to sell them

851655[/snapback]

Mmm, nope. That's weak. That was certainly never a problem during the Super Bowl years and it wasn't a problem the last two seasons.

Mmm, nope.  That's weak.  That was certainly never a problem during the Super Bowl years and it wasn't a problem the last two seasons.

851665[/snapback]

Maybe, but the first 4 sold out, and we're probably playing better now than earlier in the season. And believe me, a lot of single game buyers won't even consider December games. How else can you explain the Miami game not a sell out at this point