WGR

bbb

I agree.

Sick of listening about the blackout. Its been a rule for how long now?

Give it a rest GR.

851420[/snapback]

It (the blackout) did get me to buy tickets on the corner of Abbott and SWestern Blvd... :worthy::worthy:

Think the 60 degree temps helped any?...

But then again... Those were already SOLD tix.

The original buyer took the biggest hit... Got a little back (20 bucks American)

The seller/scalper took the biggest risk (actually, WE might have??... Since they could have been bogus) and made or saved the most.

We... Of course saved 14 bucks a tix on a 54 dollar seat...

See... Everybody won!!! Except maybe the Bills because we didn't go to the box office...

:blink::worthy:

And believe me, a lot of single game buyers won't even consider December games.  How else can you explain the Miami game not a sell out at this point

851678[/snapback]

I will never get that...to me there is no better time to attend a home game than December. If you use your head when you're dressing for the game, the weather is a non-issue! (99% of the time at least)

I will never get that...to me there is no better time to attend a home game than December.  If you use your head when you're dressing for the game, the weather is a non-issue! (99% of the time at least)

851700[/snapback]

Agree... Yet, GIFTS like last Sunday's weather make the spur of the moment decisions even sweeter!

Against SD... The fans will pay for last Sunday's gift... Weatherwise of course... :blink::worthy:

:worthy:

Maybe, but the first 4 sold out, and we're probably playing better now than earlier in the season.  And believe me, a lot of single game buyers won't even consider December games.  How else can you explain the Miami game not a sell out at this point

851678[/snapback]

Well, I guess we should turn on WGR to find out. But you can't use weather as an excuse for last week's game. That was about as good as it can possibly get for two days after Thanksgiving.

Anyway, I think the several thousand or so who haven't bought tickets for the remaining games, and have in the past, may have already used their "sports budget" on the hockey team that has virtually no tickets remaining.

I know everyone bitches about GR, and believe me, I understand why, when I listen on my annual trips to Buffalo.

However, being a transplanted WNY'er in Texas, I love the fact that I can listen to it on the internet. What I do now, is just go to the "audio vault" section, and listen to the various guests that were on that day. You don't get any of the "best food to eat during a sporting event on tv" kind of drivel that connects the guest segments. I also listen, when I can, to the Sabres pre-game show. But, "audio vault" is the way to go.

We have two local sports talk radio stations (FOX and ESPN affilitates) here in Austin, and believe me, their local programing is not any better than GR. The problem with sports talk radio is that there is just not that much to talk about sometimes...

To tell you the truth, I don't mind the talk about non-sports stuff.  There is only so much you can talk about sports in a two sport town.  And, I think their sense of humor is pretty good.  They make me laugh in the car, usually.

But, this Bills and NFL bashing is just ridiculous.  Over and over, ad nauseum. 

That's when I do take your advise and turn it, but sometimes there really isn't anything else I want to hear.  I may not be in the mood for music, and I usually could care less about what Sandy Beach or NPR are talking about.

BTW, where did you get that picture of Marv?  I'd like to save one to my hard drive.  That is from that video, probably by NFL Films, with Marv walking the field before what must have been a big game.  It's my favorite sportsman at the height of his power and glory.

851615[/snapback]

Ah yes, good ol' "Sandy Beach"...

I like his brother's show much better...you know..."Sonny Day"...

Anyway, picture of Marv Levy is from the HOF web site - here ya go...

'The Marv-elous One'

Saw him at Ilio DiPaolo's Sat. Fri. nite having dinner with his wife. (I threatened to put him in the "airplane spin" if they lost to Jacksonville). At 80 years young, he looks great - and no one, but no one, says "muther!@#$er" quite like Marv!

I know everyone bitches about GR, and believe me, I understand why, when I listen on my annual trips to Buffalo. 

However, being a transplanted WNY'er in Texas, I love the fact that I can listen to it on the internet.  What I do now, is just go to the "audio vault" section, and listen to the various guests that were on that day.  You don't get any of the "best food to eat during a sporting event on tv" kind of drivel that connects the guest segments.  I also listen, when I can, to the Sabres pre-game show.  But, "audio vault" is the way to go.

We have two local sports talk radio stations (FOX and ESPN affilitates) here in Austin, and believe me, their local programing is not any better than GR.  The problem with sports talk radio is that there is just not that much to talk about sometimes...

851718[/snapback]

Part of the problem is that they don't have enough guests on(outside of the regularly scheduled weekly guests). If they scheduled more guests, there would be less time for the off topic crap.

Agree... Yet, GIFTS like last Sunday's weather make the spur of the moment decisions even sweeter!

Against SD... The fans will pay for last Sunday's gift... Weatherwise of course... :blink:  :worthy:

:worthy:

851707[/snapback]

i went to the S.D. game in '03...it was 30s and windy with misty rain the whole time...AWESOME FOOTBALL WEATHER. we had a great time and the bills kicked their ass.

Ah yes, good ol' "Sandy Beach"...

I like his brother's show much better...you know..."Sonny Day"...

Anyway, picture of Marv Levy is from the HOF web site - here ya go...

'The Marv-elous One'

Saw him at Ilio DiPaolo's Sat. Fri. nite having dinner with his wife.  (I threatened to put him in the "airplane spin" if they lost to Jacksonville).  At 80 years young, he looks great - and no one, but no one, says "muther!@#$er" quite like Marv!

851719[/snapback]

Thanks!

Mmm, nope.  That's weak.  That was certainly never a problem during the Super Bowl years and it wasn't a problem the last two seasons.

851665[/snapback]

They have NEVER had 4 games after Thanksgiving.

They might have sold out games in the last two years and the SB years (wow, that was hard), but traditionally around here, those late games have been tough sells.

They have NEVER had 4 games after Thanksgiving.

They might have sold out games in the last two years and the SB years (wow, that was hard), but traditionally around here, those late games have been tough sells.

851900[/snapback]

Well, the point is if you're a cold weather team (or any team really) you're supposed to WANT four home games after Thanksgiving. Especially two of them are against arguably the league's best and your supposed hated rival. Selling those games out should not be as much of an issue as it's been, and if people want to use weather as an excuse that is completely lame.

Does Brad still post here. He is great. Here is how a conversation when early in his show tonight:

Caller: Thanks for not continuing to talk about the blackout.

Brad: I haven't talked about the blackout at all.

Caller: No, I mean the station has been going non stop.

Brad: Yeah, I don't really care.

Caller: It was going nowhere.

Brad: Yeah, I think so, too.

Thanks, Brad, for not going in lockstep with the rest of them. Of course, they played the commercial shortly after that they are going to be talking about this all week. Thanks for the warning!

Part of the problem is that they don't have enough guests on(outside of the regularly scheduled weekly guests).  If they scheduled more guests, there would be less time for the off topic crap.

851773[/snapback]

Yes, exactly! You can listen to the best parts of their broadcast day, in about 40 minutes.

BTW- I think Brad Ritter is pretty good...I like his show at night, the rare times I get to listen to him...