Early Mock Has Us Picking

Astrobot

Okay, here's my early attempt at a draft:

RD1--Alan Branch, DT, Michigan, 6-6, 320--Could be there at 14 when we draft. Extremely speedy DT was RB in high school. ProBowl by 3rd year.

RD2--Kasey Studdard, OG, Texas, 6-3, 305--Either Studdard or Grubbs would be there at this pick, and either one's a great pick.

RD3--Clark Harris, TE, Rutgers, 6-6, 255--Big TE who can block and catch. A big reason Rutgers got it done this year.

RD4--Manny Ramirez, OG, Texas Tech, 6-3, 339--Looked great in the recent game on TV. Some Top 150 draft boards have him going 108, which is exactly our RD4 pick.

RD5--Dallas Baker, WR, Florida, 6-3, 206--Boards have his stock falling of late, so I'm taking him even though he won't last this long. Of course that's what I thought about our LT Jason Peters.

RD6--Jonathan Abbate, ILB, Wake Forest, great size, weight room junkie with 34" vertical leap and 4.5-sec 40 speed

or Kelvin Smith, ILB Syracuse. Local guy.

RD7--Mkristo Bruce, DE, Washington State--Teams switched from a 4-3 to a 3-4 so his numbers (he was leading the nation in sacks at one time) may make him drop to here. Imagine having another "Bruuuuce" to cheer for. Freakishly athletic, plays with emotion and tenacity. Fan favorite.

Okay, here's my early attempt at a draft:

RD1--Alan Branch, DT, Michigan, 6-6, 320--Could be there at 14 when we draft. Extremely speedy DT was RB in high school. ProBowl by 3rd year.

RD2--Kasey Studdard, OG, Texas, 6-3, 305--Either Studdard or Grubbs would be there at this pick, and either one's a great pick.

RD3--Clark Harris, TE, Rutgers, 6-6, 255--Big TE who can block and catch. A big reason Rutgers got it done this year.

RD4--Manny Ramirez, OG, Texas Tech, 6-3, 339--Looked great in the recent game on TV. Some Top 150 draft boards have him going 108, which is exactly our RD4 pick.

RD5--Dallas Baker, WR, Florida, 6-3, 206--Boards have his stock falling of late, so I'm taking him even though he won't last this long. Of course that's what I thought about our LT  Jason Peters.

RD6--Jonathan Abbate, ILB, Wake Forest, great size, weight room junkie with 34" vertical leap and 4.5-sec 40 speed

or Kelvin Smith, ILB Syracuse. Local guy.

RD7--Mkristo Bruce, DE, Washington State--Teams switched from a 4-3 to a 3-4 so his numbers (he was leading the nation in sacks at one time) may make him drop to here. Imagine having another "Bruuuuce" to cheer for. Freakishly athletic, plays with emotion and tenacity. Fan favorite.

850240[/snapback]

I think that that would be an EXCELLENT draft!! I think that Branch would fit perfectly in the Tripplett and Mccargo rotation. The two guards would provide solid depth for the o-line. I think that Dallas Baker could be a Marques Colston type, too! :D

I like Jarrett and the idea of picking a big WR. But I don't know if the organization would be ready to throw the towel in at the $10 million investment of Peerless Price so soon. I also know that Lee Evans is our #1 and that Roscoe Parrish should be no lower than #3 on the chart.

But I don't think we'll be picking that high anymore :D

12. Minnesota Vikings - QB Brian Brohm -  Brad Smith who is the oldest active QB in the NFL probably won't be around for much longer and Brohm can study under him like Tampa Bay Buccs QB Chris Simms. Brohm always has a positive attitude and is always a leader of his team. He has great accuracy and a powerful arm.

Who the hell is Brad Smith?

3rd string QB and occasional RB/WR/ST player for the Jets.

I'll go out on a limb and presume he meant Brad Johnson.

850703[/snapback]

Of course he did, but he did not think it worth his while to re-read his writing, or to think about what he was saying.

And we are supposed to place any value whatsoever in his draft predictions? Ye Gods!

Of course he did, but he did not think it worth his while to re-read his writing, or to think about what he was saying.

And we are supposed to place any value whatsoever in his draft predictions? Ye Gods!

850710[/snapback]

I don't think he cares if someone values his draft predictions. Like fantasy football, draft projections are pointless but some people have fun doing it.

I don't think he cares if someone values his draft predictions.  Like fantasy football, draft projections are pointless but some people have fun doing it.

850722[/snapback]

Well, if he didn't care if someone valued them, he would write them in dog-eared memo books kept in an old milk crate, or type them, single-spaced, on both sides of onion-skin paper with no margins, smudged with inky thumbprints, from which he would read aloud excerpts to himself, and perhaps to his collection of cardboard cutouts of the friends he never had.... Which is what people used to do with their bizarre fixations before there was an Internet.

:censored:

Well, if he didn't care if someone valued them, he would write them in dog-eared memo books kept in an old milk crate, or type them, single-spaced, on both sides of onion-skin paper with no margins, smudged with inky thumbprints, from which he would read aloud excerpts to himself, and perhaps to his collection of cardboard cutouts of the friends he never had.... Which is what people used to do with their bizarre fixations before there was an Internet.

:censored:

850726[/snapback]

Let's just say I believe his thoroughness in proofreading accurately reflects how much he cares about what anyone thinks of his hobby, which is to say not much. At any rate, not going to spend too much time defending some random dude on the internet, so think what you will.

Who the hell is Brad Smith?

850693[/snapback]

Brad Smith is the man! Although he's a Jet he's the guy who quarterbacked my Missouri Tigers and set 69 NCAA, Big 12, or Team records in his 4 years.

850240[/snapback]

I don't think Harris will last this long. Being a RU fan, Harris has been underutilized this year, and was going into this season as the #2 tight-end in the country.

I talked to some 49'ers scouts this past weekend (they were at the RU game to see Brian Leonard) and asked about Harris. They said if he has a good senior bowl it might make him a 1st round pick.