Bills-Jets moved to 4:15

Albany,n.y.

Although wouldn't this be a move they do before the start of the year seeing as how it is only because the Giants are also playing at 1?

849986[/snapback]

It doesn't seem to matter if both the Jets & Giants are playing at the same time, as long as one is a CBS game and the other is a Fox game. Both of these teams frequently play simultaneously.

This has more to do with TV than anything. CBS, who has the doubleheader, had only 1 late game to show the entire country (Denver at San Diego). By moving the Bills-Jets to 4:15, they'll get the NYC market in that time slot, also.

So while we'd like to think the Bills are gaining respect with a quasi-nationally televised game, it's really just because CBS wants ratings and the Bills just happen to be playing a New York....ok, New Jersey....team that day. Luck of the draw, I guess.

not happy about that - taking my 9 year-old daughter to see the Bills for the first time (not counting at Rich Stadium when she was 9 months old)....will be a lot colder than I bargained for.

849911[/snapback]

Same here...taking my seven year old daughter. She went to last years Bills-Jets game on January 1...was a balmy 50 degrees that day.

It doesn't seem to matter if both the Jets & Giants are playing at the same time, as long as one is a CBS game and the other is a Fox game. Both of these teams frequently play simultaneously.

850528[/snapback]

They NEVER play at the same time...ever. Unless one team is playing a night game, one team plays at 1 and the other at 4.

They NEVER play at the same time...ever.  Unless one team is playing a night game, one team plays at 1 and the other at 4.

850535[/snapback]

Now that I think about it....maybe this season, they haven't played at the same time. But they definitely have done so in the past.

Now that I think about it....maybe this season, they haven't played at the same time. But they definitely have done so in the past.

850610[/snapback]

Andy...I've lived in the NYC area for 20 years...they have never played at the same time (unless they're playing each other, right Rockpile?).

It's all about the TV ratings...why divide an audience with the entire audience will watch both games.

Andy...I've lived in the NYC area for 20 years...they have never played at the same time (unless they're playing each other, right Rockpile?).

It's all about the TV ratings...why divide an audience with the entire audience will watch both games.

850748[/snapback]

:thumbsup:

Is NYC still the #1 television audience, or did that move west?

Worst case they would be #2 I think.

Why did they ever have them playing at the same time when they created season the schedule anyway? :censored:

850748[/snapback]

I understand that...but I swear I can remember them playing simultaneously.

Living in Albany, I know there must have been a few times when I would have preferred to see the Bills play a decent opponent at 1:00, yet we get the Jets instead, so I settled for the Giants.

Really...I swear....maybe.... :censored:

I understand that...but I swear I can remember them playing simultaneously.

Living in Albany, I know there must have been a few times when I would have preferred to see the Bills play a decent opponent at 1:00, yet we get the Jets instead, so I settled for the Giants.

Really...I swear....maybe....    :censored:

850784[/snapback]

I think you have single header games confusing you. We've had Bills games at 1 & WRGB has chosen a 4:05 Jets game in its place on CBS singleheader weeks. So in those cases, you may have chosen watching the Giants instead of going to a bar to watch the Bills.

I think you have single header games confusing you.  We've had Bills games at 1 & WRGB has chosen a 4:05 Jets game in its place on CBS singleheader weeks.  So in those cases, you may have chosen watching the Giants instead of going to a bar to watch the Bills.

850931[/snapback]

That's probably what happened.

Trust me...I wish they would show them at the same time so that second slot would open up for out-of-town games (like the Bills!).

850610[/snapback]

No...never...it is an NFL rule...the NFL does not want to split their largest televison market. I never realized this, until I spent five years living in NYC...unless they are playing eachother, the Jets and Giants will never have the same starting time.