Bills-Jets moved to 4:15

Albany,n.y.

Does this mean the Bills are starting to get more Respect?!?!?!?!?!?!

They are moving closer to a primetime game, LOL! Although wouldn't this be a move they do before the start of the year seeing as how it is only because the Giants are also playing at 1?

849986[/snapback]

May be they were hoping that the Giants or Jets might figure on the Sunday night game due to the flex scheduling. Now that both did not get the right to play on sunday night, they had to move one of those games to a 4p.m start.

It doesn't seem to matter if both the Jets & Giants are playing at the same time, as long as one is a CBS game and the other is a Fox game. Both of these teams frequently play simultaneously.

This has more to do with TV than anything. CBS, who has the doubleheader, had only 1 late game to show the entire country (Denver at San Diego). By moving the Bills-Jets to 4:15, they'll get the NYC market in that time slot, also.

So while we'd like to think the Bills are gaining respect with a quasi-nationally televised game, it's really just because CBS wants ratings and the Bills just happen to be playing a New York....ok, New Jersey....team that day. Luck of the draw, I guess.

850528[/snapback]

The point I am making is that the schedule isn't made week to week, its made months in advance so why is it being changed now just for that reason?

May be they were hoping that the Giants or Jets might figure on the Sunday night game due to the flex scheduling. Now that both did not get the right to play on sunday night, they had to move one of those games to a 4p.m start.

850998[/snapback]

Here is an observation from Sal the writer from R&D. I think my explanation is more stronger.

Time change for Jets game

Due to the NFL's new flexible schedule policy, Bills fans will have to alter their television-viewing schedule on Sunday, Dec. 10.

The league announced Monday that Buffalo's game at the Meadowlands against the New York Jets has been switched to 4:15 p.m. on CBS (Channel 8).

Additionally, the NFL also moved Week 14's New Orleans at Dallas game to 8:15.

The NFL is implementing for the first time this year a "flexible scheduling" element on Sundays in Weeks 10-15 and in Week 17 as a way to ensure quality games in all time slots.

It also gives teams a chance to play their way into primetime and higher-viewing late-afternoon games, and with the Jets at 6-5, and the Bills riding a two-game winning streak to improve to 5-6, the league apparently thinks this AFC East matchup has merit.

— Sal Maiorana

Here is an observation from Sal the writer from R&D.

851067[/snapback]

Sal the writer? Sounds like a Howard Stern character.

If my memory is correct they did the same thing for a Jets game a few years ago in Buffalo - tv likes the 4:00 spot for the NY audience.

The point I am making is that the schedule isn't made week to week, its made months in advance so why is it being changed now just for that reason?

851004[/snapback]

With Flex Scheduling, changes are made weekly ... from nfl.com:

"The 2006 NFL schedule will list start times for all Sunday games during the "flex" weeks as 1:00 p.m. ET, except for games played in the Mountain or Pacific Time zones, which will be listed at 4:05 p.m. ET or 4:15 p.m. ET."

THIS will explain it for you.

With Flex Scheduling, changes are made weekly ... from nfl.com:

"The 2006 NFL schedule will list start times for all Sunday games during the "flex" weeks as 1:00 p.m. ET, except for games played in the Mountain or Pacific Time zones, which will be listed at 4:05 p.m. ET or 4:15 p.m. ET."

THIS will explain it for you.

851627[/snapback]

Sorry, I thought that the flex scheduling only applied to the primetime game and all other games were 1 or 4 pm starts, I only looked at the Bills schedule when they came out