Michael Vick strikes again

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I want to know is what the teams were thinking that drafted #2, 3, and 4 in that draft.

849619[/snapback]

They were thinking this...

1 Atlanta Michael Vick QB Virginia Tech

2 Arizona Leonard Davis T Texas

3 Cleveland Gerard Warren DT Florida

4 Cincinnati Justin Smith DE Missouri

5 San Diego LaDainian Tomlinson RB Texas Christian

Vick is a never will be. A runner, not a passer. I was not wrong when i said that Losman is already a better passer than mexico could ever hope to be.

Sure vick ran for a ton of yards, but 9-24 passing? Oh yah, its the WR's fault, its the OC's fault, its the coaches fault, never mexico's fault.

The past few years, they have changed coaches, changed WR's, changed coordinators, and vick still sucks. Methinks the atlanta fans are finally realizing it IS vick's fault, and not everyone else's.

849526[/snapback]

I'm a coach killer, better you than me,

Coach killer, just threw another I-N-T,

Coach killer, can't stop all the hating,

Coach killer, with my 72.1 QB rating.

- MC Mike Vick

849824[/snapback]

Im not a big Mike Vick fan ... heck i dont think he will ever win a SB. BUT, yesterdays game was NOT his fault. Did you guys even WATCH the game? He had one receiver drop a sure TD in the endzone. He had another receiver who dropped a perfect pass (hit him inbetween the numbers) at about the 5-10 yard line. He had a couple of other passes dropped too. His stats SHOULD have been more like 14-24 and add on another TD.

I think Vick is starting to wear out his welcome in the ATL. I wouldn't be surprised to see him cut within the next 2 years. Oh.......wait........ I forgot that they gave him like a $100 million dollar contract :doh: I bet that front office feels real smart right now :D

The answer is no.

Nobody watched the game, they just look at his stats and throw them out there and assume he's to blame. For those that DID see the game, you would know that there were many to blame for that loss and Vick certainly isn't one of them.

Im not a big Mike Vick fan ... heck i dont think he will ever win a SB. BUT, yesterdays game was NOT his fault. Did you guys even WATCH the game? He had one receiver drop a sure TD in the endzone. He had another receiver who dropped a perfect pass (hit him inbetween the numbers) at about the 5-10 yard line. He had a couple of other passes dropped too. His stats SHOULD have been more like 14-24 and add on another TD.

849930[/snapback]

I wonder what would happen if he played for the Bills and he did that.

850187[/snapback]

Unlike the pussies in Atlanta, the blue collar fans of Buffalo would've jumped the wall seperating the field from the bleachers and kicked his ass so that they could see just how mobile he really is.

You candy assed crackurs have no idea what I was doing, I had just cleaned out some drippings and I was flickin them towards the stands. If you have ever had herpes, you would know, the discharge is unpleasant and I wanted to get rid of it as soon as possible, by sharing it with my fans, I see it as a way to "Share the love".

I can't believe I'm about to agree with daquixers, but this is such a non-story. He flipped some people off....not 70,000. He didn't walk around the bleachers and give everyone the finger.

Fans in the stands seem to think that they have a privilege to act like pieces of sht because they paid $42.00 for a ticket. But if a "role model" athlete wants to play back, they act all offended and whine about how they have been "betrayed" by their hero.

A bunch of hypocritical pussies who think they are entitled to something more than another human being who happens to put on a uniform (and who they happen to worship on a daily basis).

Some dude called Dikembe Mutombo a monkey this year at a game and Dik said that if happened again he was going into the stands. Stadium banned the guy for the whole season.

I have no love for Michael Vick, but if like Boondock said, a fan should come onto the field to "see how mobile he is", I would take great joy in watching Vick beat the sht out of him.

I have no love for Michael Vick, but if like Boondock said, a fan should come onto the field to "see how mobile he is", I would take great joy in watching Vick beat the sht out of him.

850599[/snapback]

Hear, hear!

Even if Vick is a coach-killer (which I believe he is, as coaches really have no idea how to build a team around him, but can't ignore his skills... it is an interesting, even tragic puzzle), some people could do with a little less silly stadium/internet bravado.

From TMQ... who knows his football IMO:

Jim Mora Decried as "Quarterback Killer": Two weeks ago TMQ noted that Atlanta coach Mora the Younger made a puzzling decision at the end of the first half against Cleveland, ordering an onside kick with nine seconds remaining and the Falcons holding but one timeout. The Browns recovered in position for a Hail Mary, but suppose Atlanta had recovered -- what would have been accomplished? Atlanta went on to lose. Now it's Sunday and the reeling Falcons are at home against the United States Saints. The Saints lead 14-6 and hold the ball at midfield with seven seconds remaining in the first half. The clock is stopped owing to an incompletion, but Mora calls timeout, allowing New Orleans extra time to set up a Hail Mary play. Touchdown, and suddenly the Falcons are in deep trouble with the score 21-6 at the half. Note: I don't wish to alarm you, but New Orleans now has the NFL's No. 1 passing attack.

As the Falcons have dropped four straight, everyone's focusing on criticizing Michael Vick. What about all the odd coaching decisions made by Mora and his assistants? Vick wasn't the one who ordered himself to take seven-step drops on passes against New Orleans -- something he's never been good at, and which plays away from his strength, the sprint-out pass. (Sprint-outs keep Vick closer to the line and also simplify the field, requiring him to look at only half the coverage, not the entire coverage as in a deep dropback.) Trailing 14-3, Atlanta had third-and-goal on the Saints' 2, on a day the Falcons would rush for 281 yards and average 6.2 yards per rush. Just run the ball! It wasn't Vick who not only called a passing play but a seven-step drop play that required him to run backward to the New Orleans 10; sack, and Atlanta settles for a field goal. You're on the 2, why are you instructing your quarterback to run backward to the 10? Last season's incident in which Mora the Younger did not know that a tie would keep Atlanta alive for the playoffs, and was screaming into a cell phone on the sidelines as he sent in the wrong decisions knocking the Falcons out of the postseason, is hardly the only weird coaching by Mora. Plus, a good coach focuses the criticism on himself, away from his players, a la Bear Bryant. Time to look away from Vick and toward the Atlanta sideline.

Hear, hear!

Even if Vick is a coach-killer (which I believe he is, as coaches really have no idea how to build a team around him, but can't ignore his skills... it is an interesting, even tragic puzzle), some people could do with a little less silly stadium/internet bravado.

850704[/snapback]

I can't believe I'm about to agree with daquixers, but this is such a non-story.  He flipped some people off....not 70,000.  He didn't walk around the bleachers and give everyone the finger.

Fans in the stands seem to think that they have a privilege to act like pieces of sht because they paid $42.00 for a ticket.  But if a "role model" athlete wants to play back, they act all offended and whine about how they have been "betrayed" by their hero.

A bunch of hypocritical pussies who think they are entitled to something more than another human being who happens to put on a uniform (and who they happen to worship on a daily basis).

Some dude called Dikembe Mutombo a monkey this year at a game and Dik said that if happened again he was going into the stands.  Stadium banned the guy for the whole season.

850599[/snapback]

Good man! Your coming around. :censored:

The falcons need a new coach.

Mora doesn't know what he is doing.

I dont blame vick for being frustrated.

849913[/snapback]

The answer is no.

Nobody watched the game, they just look at his stats and throw them out there and assume he's to blame.  For those that DID see the game, you would know that there were many to blame for that loss and Vick certainly isn't one of them.

850500[/snapback]

Its the same as "But its not Drew's fault its the o-line!" "Its not Ron's fault its his staff!" Its tired. If they werent paying ron $100 million then his ass would have been on the bench already simply to come in on goal line plays and gimmick plays because thats all he can run in the NFL.

I did in fact watch the game and have watched a great number of Vick's games (gotta love the TiVo) and he cannot read defenses, hes a great runner, but that will eventually cut his career short, and he is about as accurate as i am when i am drunk at a tailgate. Yeah his WRs drop balls, but so do JPs, Peyton's, Romo's everyone's wideouts drop balls and they play through it. You can always tell how vick is going to look on his first couple passes in a game if he throws it 32 yards over his WRs heads to start then he's done for the day, if he completes a few then he might be ok, but all in all i think the Ron Mexico experiment is about done in the ATL or they would have jumped on one of the reported first round picks offered for Schaub.