Michael Vick strikes again

Its the same as "But its not Drew's fault its the o-line!" "Its not Ron's fault its his staff!" Its tired. If they werent paying ron $100 million then his ass would have been on the bench already simply to come in on goal line plays and gimmick plays because thats all he can run in the NFL.

I did in fact watch the game and have watched a great number of Vick's games (gotta love the TiVo) and he cannot read defenses, hes a great runner, but that will eventually cut his career short, and he is about as accurate as i am when i am drunk at a tailgate.  Yeah his WRs drop balls, but so do JPs, Peyton's, Romo's everyone's wideouts drop balls and they play through it. You can always tell how vick is going to look on his first couple passes in a game if he throws it 32 yards over his WRs heads to start then he's done for the day, if he completes a few then he might be ok, but all in all i think the Ron Mexico experiment is about done in the ATL or they would have jumped on one of the reported first round picks offered for Schaub.

850886[/snapback]

Yup, his WR's do drop balls. But funny how Romo doesnt blame TO for the 3 TD's TO has dropped in the past few weeks.

I heard this on the radio, and it rings so true. For every Vick pass that a WR drops, you can count at least twice that the same WR has been wide open and Vick has tossed the ball 15 yards over his head.

Vick is a hell of an athlete, and has amazing athletic ability. But hes not a very good QB. And he's a downright terrible passer.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah his WRs drop balls, but so do JPs, Peyton's, Romo's everyone's wideouts drop balls and they play through it.

850886[/snapback]

1 or 2 dropped balls in a game? Normal. It happens to every QB. The Falcons dropped 5, 2 of which were TDs, the other 3 were easy first downs but instead stopped the drive. When the drive is stalled because of these dropped passes, it's difficult to (as you say) "play through it."

II did in fact watch the game and have watched a great number of Vick's games (gotta love the TiVo) and he cannot read defenses, hes a great runner, but that will eventually cut his career short, and he is about as accurate as i am when i am drunk at a tailgate.

850886[/snapback]

He was perfectly accurate on those 5 dropped balls.

they would have jumped on one of the reported first round picks offered for Schaub.

850886[/snapback]

Nobody offered a first rounder for Schaub. Only the Bills are stupid enough to send a first rounder for an unproven backup (Rob Johnson).

The quarterback can throw the ball, that's his job, unfortunately he can not catch his own passes. Atlanta doesn't have any receivers, they can't catch a thing. Vick was not to blame for this loss, he had a gutsy performance in my opinion. Not that it justifies giving the ole' F U to the crowd.

From what I've heard the crowd was not booing at Vick alone, they were booing at the whole Falcons football team. Vick said he was frustrated because the fans were putting down the team.

Excatly.

Vick flicked them off because one fan said something particularly inappropriate. Not that it excuses his behavior...

The quarterback can throw the ball, that's his job, unfortunately he can not catch his own passes.

850966[/snapback]

1 or 2 dropped balls in a game?  Normal.  It happens to every QB.  The Falcons dropped 5, 2 of which were TDs, the other 3 were easy first downs but instead stopped the drive.  When the drive is stalled because of these dropped passes, it's difficult to (as you say) "play through it."

He was perfectly accurate on those 5 dropped balls.

Nobody offered a first rounder for Schaub.  Only the Bills are stupid enough to send a first rounder for an unproven backup (Rob Johnson).

850962[/snapback]

Well i guess that Fox Sports radio regime is just a bunch of liars Dawgg. But i acquiesce to you and realize that you have many more reliable contacts than a sports radio conglomerate, and that you in fact know that NOBODY has offered a first rounder. Now i am going to throw a little controversy (a la Rush Limbaugh) into this fray. If Vick was a white QB would people, especially african americans, continue to go to bat for a guy who cannot pass the football?

The falcons have spent 1st rd picks on Peerless Price, Roddy White, Michael Jenkins. Traded for Ashley Lelie, but it's still everyone elses fault except vick when it comes to the falcons passing game. A Career 53% passer a career rating of of 75 whos rating has gotten worse each of the last 3 years. His season high in qb rating for his career is 81.6 back in 2002. He currently sits at 72.1. Is sacked once every 10 drop backs. Hell of an athlete a very lousy quaterback.

The Lions spent first round picks on Mike Williams and Charles Rogers.

DOESN'T MEAN THEY ARE GOOD.

Regardless of where they were drafted, none of those guys in your list is a capable #1 receiver.

The falcons have spent 1st rd picks on Peerless Price, Roddy White, Michael Jenkins. Traded for Ashley Lelie, but it's still everyone elses fault except vick when it comes to the falcons passing game. A Career 53% passer a career rating of of 75 whos rating has gotten worse each of the last 3 years. His season high in qb rating for his career is 81.6 back in 2002. He currently sits at 72.1.  Is sacked once every 10 drop backs.  Hell of an athlete a very lousy quaterback.

850993[/snapback]

#1 receiver probably not but at the time the falcons accquired price at worst he was a very good #2, and lelie is also a former 1000 yard receiver and is a guy that on paper plays into vicks "Strength" as a deep ball passer. Im not big on comparisons but theres plenty of qbs around the league with less skill position talent then vick has who put up better #'s. For a #1 overall pick I dont think it's a stretch to say he's a dissapointment. At some point you have to put behind that he's a tremendous athlete. When the overall production just isn't there.

The best quarterbacks in the league, with the exception of Tom Brady, have great receivers, and atleast one unquestionable #1 receiver. The Falcons to not have even a capable second wide receiver. You can't say Price was great because he sucked in Atlanta, he went to Dallas and got cut right away for a reason. The only reason he's starting in Buffalo is because of his past with the team. Jenkins is a #3 receiver on most teams, White is a #3, Lelie is garbage and he thinks he's the greatest thing since sliced bread but he's a #3, or #2 at best. I wouldn't want him as my #2 receiver though.

The Falcons just have a bunch of draft busts at wide receiver.

It's sad when your best receiver is your tight end. Hell of a tight end though I gotta admit.

You can't say Price was great because he sucked in Atlanta,

It's sad when your best receiver is your tight end. Hell of a tight end though I gotta admit.

851115[/snapback]

That's just not true. If thats the case Eric Moulds must've been the best wr in the nfl. Price's 1st year in atlanta he led the falcons in receiving yards with 838. Alge crumpler their 2nd leading receiver with 552. The fact is prices skills were still good enough when he went to atlanta. Vick just wasn't getting the job done passing the football per usual.

As far as the best qb's in the league having great receivers McNabbs receivers are who? He was great with Owens for a year before that he had the likes of Guys like Todd Pinkston James Thrash freddie Mitchell and that was before he had brian westbrook and lj smith to catch passes as well. Still he put up better #'s then Vick will ever see. I compared it to McNabb cause I wanted to use another qb who was a mobile qb and could do damage running the football. I could've also mentioned Trent Green who throws to just a te and Eddie F'n Kennison and has had back to back to back 4000 yard seasons, or Drew Brees whos main weapons have been a late round rookie wr and devery henderson.

Wonder how San Diego feels about trading the  #1 pick and still pulling off LT at #5 in that draft?

849520[/snapback]

Probably about as good as trading the #1 pick from 3 years ago for Philllip Rivers and another bounty of picks in exchange for Eli Manning.

Well i guess that Fox Sports radio regime is just a bunch of liars Dawgg. But i acquiesce to you and realize that you have many more reliable contacts than a sports radio conglomerate, and that you in fact know that NOBODY has offered a first rounder. Now i am going to throw a little controversy (a la Rush Limbaugh) into this fray. If Vick was a white QB would people, especially african americans, continue to go to bat for a guy who cannot pass the football?

850981[/snapback]

Well, Rush, a couple of things:

a) has this "white" qb won nearly 58% of his starts in the NFL?

b) was this "white" qb the first qb to led a team to a playoff victory in Lambeau?

c) is this "white" qb gonna break the rushing record for qb in a season and for a career?

d) would this "white" qb be called a thug or classless like Vick was in this thread (funny, no one called Plummer a thug last year for doing the same thing to his fans :huh: )?

Bringing race into this situation in idiotic, no offense. I believe any qb, with Vick's resume, would be given the same treatment. Is he the best passer? Hell no. But bottomline (expect for this streak), he wins games and sells tickets (alot of tickets). And that's what matters, not your passing rating

Now, Rush go pop some more painkillers while you whine about America losing the war on drugs, you fat hypocrite! :bag:

e) Does this "white" qb play on a squad that LEADS THE LEAGUE in dropped passees? (according to Steve Young on ESPN)

Biscuit -- couldn't have said it better myself. I didn't want to touch that question with a 10-foot pole, but you managed to hit the nail on the head.

Nice work.

b) was this "white" qb the first qb to led a team to a playoff victory in Lambeau?

c)  is this "white" qb gonna break the rushing record for qb in a season and for a career?

d)  would this "white" qb be called a thug or classless like Vick was in this thread (funny, no one called Plummer a thug last year for doing the same thing to his fans  :huh: )?

Bringing race into this situation in idiotic, no offense.  I believe any qb, with Vick's resume, would be given the same treatment.  Is he the best passer?  Hell no.  But bottomline (expect for this streak), he wins games and sells tickets (alot of tickets).  And that's what matters, not your passing rating

Now, Rush go pop some more painkillers while you whine about America losing the war on drugs, you fat hypocrite!  :bag:

851203[/snapback]

I have no love for Michael Vick, but if like Boondock said, a fan should come onto the field to "see how mobile he is", I would take great joy in watching Vick beat the sht out of him.

850599[/snapback]

Bart, it was more of a metaphor than actuality, the metaphor being, people in Buffalo wouldn't put up with his sh--.

c)  is this "white" qb gonna break the rushing record for qb in a season and for a career?

d)  would this "white" qb be called a thug or classless like Vick was in this thread (funny, no one called Plummer a thug last year for doing the same thing to his fans  :huh: )?

Bringing race into this situation in idiotic, no offense.  I believe any qb, with Vick's resume, would be given the same treatment.  Is he the best passer?  Hell no.  But bottomline (expect for this streak), he wins games and sells tickets (alot of tickets).  And that's what matters, not your passing rating

Now, Rush go pop some more painkillers while you whine about America losing the war on drugs, you fat hypocrite!  :bag:

851203[/snapback]

I'll ignore the shot at Rush's painkiller addiction, because you obviously don't listen to his show, but lets use that Jake Plummer reference for this post. Jake Plummer has been benched by Shanny, who has much more credibility than my fraternity brother Jim Mora Jr., as a coach, for a QB who is seen as a good talent, much like Schaub. Jake won 68%, of his games in Denver as the starter which makes vick's 58% look pretty pedestrian, and currently their record sits at 7-4, while Vick's Falcons sit at 5-6 (good job Mike) and pretty much out of any playoff contention in a weak NFC, yet people defend Mike Vick like someone just insulted their mother. Vick is a terrible QB, who for whatever reason, gets a free pass because he makes the occasional exciting play, but really is an ineffective QB. He's had decent WRs and a great TE, with a great running game and a solid defense and yet he can't get the job done. That being said, I would never discount his athletic ability he is an absolute freak of an athlete, but great athletes don't always make great QBs. Vick's days are numbered in ATL if Mora wants to keep his job, or Mr. Mexico will add yet another name to the list of coaches careers he has helped to end. At some point you have to see Mike Vick as the ONE common denominator in the failings of the Falcons. Way to go Falcon fan have fun with your 8.5 wins per season...but at least you have a great athlete at QB who will keep you excited even while you continue to underachieve as a team.

I see Vick being able to help Atlanta win down the road, I just don't think it's working in the current set up. For starters he needs to carry the ball against his chest instead of running around with it extended in one hand. I can't fathom how Mora hasn't made any progress in getting Vick to protect the ball. Next if I'm Atlanta I need to abandon all normal NFL thinking. The reason being I have a player who is unlike any other QB to have played this game.

Out of the Shotgun, or booting from under center Vick can pick up huge chunks of yardage on the ground. He just struggles when he drops back in the pocket. Decades of athletic dominance let him get by without reading defenses, and he won't be able to learn now. I say go to the two headed QB system. Have Schwaub handle the pocket stuff, and obvious passing situations. Then you could have Vick run some sort of single wing variation with some boots on run/pass downs. You could even put them in the same backfield. How could the secondary commit to the run on a toss sweep to Vick? It sounds crazy, but you would get the best of both players, and it would put a ton of pressure on defensive coordinators to prepare for. Obviously I don't think this would ever happen, or that Vick is humble enough to go along with it. I just see it being the best winning formula for who Atlanta has.