when was the last time the bills gave up 0 sacks??

dave mcbride

The "good defense" part is what I need to keep reminding myself of. Jax has a VERY good line....yet even with a handful of green Olinemen we were able to prevent any sacks today. That's a really big thing, IMO.

I was very very impressed with the O-Line, which has me doing a double take. I know we can improve this line this offseason and have to do so, but right now each of these five is doing a nice job and exceeding reasonable expectations. It's an understatement to say that Jauron's bye week shuffle has really worked out.

Did they really throw 10 or so screens, hitches and the like ? Blackout has me combing the CNN play-by-play for some explanation for the surprising line performance.

849172[/snapback]

Yes they did and being there to see it I'd have to say that jp KILLED them with the touch passes.

Nice soft little floaters right on the money just as they practiced it all week!! KILLED and I mean KILLED them with it.........The line held their own very nicely in most passing situations all day..

:lol::):)

JP pulled a couple of Houdini acts to get out of sacks but for all intents and purposes the -9 yard carry by Royal was a sack. Nice try by Losman to make something out of a big loss but it was a sack.

849208[/snapback]

C'mon Dog, you should know by now that what actually happens on the field is irrelevant; only the stat sheet counts. :lol:

I was very very impressed with the O-Line, which has me doing a double take.  I know we can improve this line this offseason and have to do so, but right now each of these five is doing a nice job and exceeding reasonable expectations.  It's an understatement to say that Jauron's bye week shuffle has really worked out.

849138[/snapback]

Jauron's move was the right one at the right time. Peters is an improvement at LT, Gandy is an improvement at LG, and Pennington is holding his own RT. Heck, I see no reason to play Villareal ever again, let Preston keep the job.

All the Gandy bashers need to admit that the middle of our OL, which has been a sieve for years, is much better with Gandy at LG.

I was very very impressed with the O-Line, which has me doing a double take.  I know we can improve this line this offseason and have to do so, but right now each of these five is doing a nice job and exceeding reasonable expectations.  It's an understatement to say that Jauron's bye week shuffle has really worked out.

849138[/snapback]

My take is what really happened was that the two over the top touchdown passes. Puts the fear of God into the defense. And I noticed that (from the radio I should say I noticed), the jags were only rushing 4. Some teams bring the house, until you show that you can beat that. Maybe the real "coming of age" is making a few of those big time plays.

And with that pass play to Evans, even though it is a pick, I think it still has the same effect. Unless you are Baltimore and have no fear, you are going to have to respect JP's arm.

Right on Bob. I wouldn't be mad at all if we resign Gandy and go after someone to improve the right side, and I'm as big of a SIGN STEINBACH guy as BillInNYC! Well, maybe that is pushing it a little. For real though, in another thread I mentioned mabe resign Gandy and target Leanard Davis to play RT or even RG.