Top Priority Fix

If the young offensive linemen keep developing as fast as they appear to be, the top priority fix may be a big time run stopper. Until recently, it certainly appeared the OL was the primary concern. We still need help on both sides of the ball, but todays game especially pointed out the critical requirement in the middle of the DL.

Another major concern may be cornerback. McGee has still not convinced me he is a number one CB, once Clements departs. The way he totally misplayed the tying TD today is not comforting.

If the young offensive linemen keep developing as fast as they appear to be, the top priority fix may be a big time run stopper.  Until recently, it certainly appeared the OL was the primary concern.  We still need help on both sides of the ball, but todays game especially pointed out the critical requirement in the middle of the DL.

Another major concern may be cornerback.  McGee has still not convinced me he is a number one CB, once Clements departs.  The way he totally misplayed the tying TD today is not comforting.

848674[/snapback]

We desperately need run defense help. I wouldn't mind seeing us go DT early in the draft (round 2).

By the way, you really thought McGee misplayed the TD today? I'm not sure any CB in the world could have defended that pass.

We desperately need run defense help. I wouldn't mind seeing us go DT early in the draft (round 2).

By the way, you really thought McGee misplayed the TD today? I'm not sure any CB in the world could have defended that pass.

848683[/snapback]

I don't blame McGee for that, but I do blame him for missing the tackle on the QB draw. I'd say we could use more OL depth, maybe another receiver who can play ST's to replace Davis, and I really hope we re-sign Nate.

848683[/snapback]

Yep, there wasn't much McGee could do there and he certainly didn't totally misplay it. He actually had very good coverage and his only mistake was not turning around a split-second sooner. It wouldn't have mattered though, the pass was perfect and Jones is 9 inches taller than him.

As for needs I'd go OL, DL and WR as the Bills greatest needs right now. If Clements is gone come the offseason then that might change things. The Bills need to make sure they ink both Fletcher and Clements. They can't afford to lose two of few productive players they have on D.

All of the above.

RG, T depth. Draft.

DE & DT. Draft, possibly FA.

CB. If we can re-sign Nate for a realistic contract, great. If not, should be addressed by 1 or 2 FA signings and existing depth.

A young true FB. Michael Cox from Georgia Tech is a player; will likely be a late-rounder or UDFA b/c teams just haven't been taking FBs in the draft.

Also, now is the time to start picking up some LBs to groom.

All of the above.

RG, T depth. Draft.

DE & DT. Draft, possibly FA.

CB. If we can re-sign Nate for a realistic contract, great. If not, should be addressed by 1 or 2 FA signings and existing depth.

A young true FB. Michael Cox from Georgia Tech is a player; will likely be a late-rounder or UDFA b/c teams just haven't been taking FBs in the draft.

Also, now is the time to start picking up some LBs to groom.

848701[/snapback]

I would really love a nice young FB who is mobile and poses a threat out of the backfield and in the red zone....

DEFENSIVE TACKLES. Two of them. I love Kyle Williams' hustle, and think he would be a good rotational player, but he can't anchor well enough consistently (ever) to start on an NFL team. Triplett's coming on strong, but his strength isn't as an every down lineman for the same reasons as Williams- plus Triplett is supposed to be the disruptive "slasher" in the defensive line, and he clearly isn't. He's an asset, but only as an overpaid 3rd down pass rusher.

They can't let Clements go. Lock him up, and then relax because you have a pretty solid secondary all tied up for a few years. Clements might not be worth the money he'll get, but he's too good not to keep while they have a ton of cap room not being used.

After DL, I'd go with the interior offensive line, and linebackers- two areas where I think we're weak.

A solid #2 WR would be great, but the way I see it they have 5 guys who are legit #3s. I like Andre Davis a lot- anybody notice he's become a Sam Aiken on special teams yet can show talent on offense? He needs more of a chance. He's the only good blocking WR they have.

Anyhow, I'm rambling...

If the young offensive linemen keep developing as fast as they appear to be, the top priority fix may be a big time run stopper.  Until recently, it certainly appeared the OL was the primary concern.  We still need help on both sides of the ball, but todays game especially pointed out the critical requirement in the middle of the DL.

Another major concern may be cornerback.  McGee has still not convinced me he is a number one CB, once Clements departs.  The way he totally misplayed the tying TD today is not comforting.

848674[/snapback]

I don't think the Bills are "out of the woods" yet regarding the OL. Run game is still anemic on a YPC basis. Looks like there is improvement in pass blocking, but let's see how they do the rest of the year against some other good opponents.

DT is clearly the biggest need at this point as we need a pluuger to line up next to Tripplett or a least put in on run downs. If FA losses of London and Clemens happen then LB and CB will be the biggest needs as these guys will be tough to replace. If the O-line continues to block the way they have the past 2 ball games then there is no way I throw money at a high priced free agent or a high draft pick. Sacks are up this year all over the league. As long as they can give JP average protection we will be fine as long as he has more options than just Evans to throw the ball to. If we can develop a consistent passing game then we can keep that 8 defender out the box and WM showed you yesterday what he can do if defenders keep that 8th man out the box fearing Evans. Once we stop utlizing Evans, the 8th man returned and the running game fell off.

There is no way we should let clements go.  The Bills front office are idiots if clements walks for zilch in return.  Obviously going with dline as the biggest need with lb a close 2nd

848679[/snapback]

Clements needs to stay on this team, it should be marv's #1 priority.