The dolphins

Why is it that the dolphins get so much respect and everyone thinks saban is such a great coach. The "beat" the bears after grossman proved hes not that good yet, minesota who suck, played well against KC and beat detroit. now all the experts think there gonna win the super bowl again with JOEY HARRINGTON at qb. IDk im just ranting .... thoughts...

I think it has to do with this trend that buffalo has set on themselvs of not beating the teams they should beat. they should have beaten the lions but looked terrable against them...they almost beat the colts and if jauron had let the team play like he did against texans we might have beat them...but the main thing is the bills just dont play to there potential and lose to teams they really should have beaten.

Maybe because the Phins beat an 7-4 team and an 9-1 team.

The Bills most impressive victory came against the Dolphins who were starting a injured QB and going 1-6.

If the Bills want respect they have the schedule to get it. Going 2-4 over the final stretch beating the Titans or Jets/Dolphins doesn't get it done. Stepping up against the Jags, Chargers or Ravens will say something about this team.

It you want to be considered a good team you have to start beating some. :angry:

I think it has to do with this trend that buffalo has set on themselvs of not beating the teams they should beat. they should have beaten the lions but looked terrable against them...they almost beat the colts and if jauron had let the team play like he did against texans we might have beat them...but the main thing is the bills just dont play to there potential and lose to teams they really should have beaten.

How many teams should the Dolphins have beaten but didn't this year? They're now living-off their reputation after beating the Bears, but have been squeaking-by teams thanks mostly to their defense.

But now they'll be without Ronny Brown, and thus a running game. Say so long to the winning streak.

Why is it that the dolphins get so much respect and everyone thinks saban is such a great coach. The "beat" the bears after grossman proved hes not that good yet, minesota who suck, played well against KC and beat detroit. now all the experts think there gonna win the super bowl again with JOEY HARRINGTON at qb. IDk im just ranting .... thoughts...

847282[/snapback]

The Media tends to hype certain coaches and players regardless of performance. Spurrier was all hype until he failed. The Saban hype calmed down after the poor start by the Dolphins. It'll take a few more losses before they give it a rest. Willis is over-hyped as well, but Bills fans don't seem to mind that.

Give them some credit, if we were on a streak like they are we'd be ripping ESPN for not talking about us enough or not being ranked higher in power rankings or something, and for the record, I like Joey Harrington, always have, guy got a major raw deal in Detroit and Im glad for him he's making the best of his new opportunity. But regardless, we're gonna smack em' in the Ralph

847310[/snapback]

If Jauron and Co. opened up the game plan against the Colts the score would have been 55 - 7 in favor of Indy.

If Tom Brady and NE got spanked at home throwing the ball aggressively against them, why do you think the Bills without 1/4 the talent would have any chance in hell?

The coaches are putting these players in a position to win games with solid game-planning, not superior talent. That's the hallmark of good NE teams, scheming against your opponents, not dogmatically sticking to a scheme ala Greggo and Mularkey. When we get some more talent, especially in the trenches, I think these coaches are going to be good.

RTB

If Jauron and Co. opened up the game plan against the Colts the score would have been 55 - 7 in favor of Indy.

If Tom Brady and NE got spanked at home throwing the ball aggressively against them, why do you think the Bills without 1/4 the talent would have any chance in hell?

The coaches are putting these players in a position to win games with solid game-planning, not superior talent. That's the hallmark of good NE teams, scheming against your opponents, not dogmatically sticking to a scheme ala Greggo and Mularkey. When we get some more talent, especially in the trenches, I think these coaches are going to be good.

RTB

847394[/snapback]

Post of the week.

Didn't the phins do the same thing last year, start off bad and end the season good...

Wanny = Start strong, finish weak

Saban = Start weak, finish strong

847411[/snapback]

Great point. Maybe the Dolphins will start a new trend in coaching where they get platooned for half a season. With Wanny and Saban, each could coach half a college season as well. Maybe Ricky Williams next year would agree to playing half the season as well. He can smoke dope and play witch doctor the other half.

RTB

847394[/snapback]

Not sure how you can say the Pats have a more talented team than the Bills. Outside of getting more favorable calls by the refs, there is not a position where the Pats have superior talent.

Not sure how you can say the Pats have a more talented team than the Bills.  Outside of getting more favorable calls by the refs, there is not a position where the Pats have superior talent.

You're joking, right? Oustide of #1 WR and maybe LT (Peters is still largely unproven), the Pats are still a more talented team than the Bills.

Not sure how you can say the Pats have a more talented team than the Bills.  Outside of getting more favorable calls by the refs, there is not a position where the Pats have superior talent.

847476[/snapback]

Please. How about QB, running back, tight end, most of the offensive line and defensive line?

Please.  How about QB, running back, tight end, most of the offensive line and defensive line?

847488[/snapback]

JP > Brady

McGahee/Thomas > Dillion/Muroney

Not sure they even have a TE

Their OL is average...below average if the refs were allowed to call them for holding.

JP > Brady

McGahee/Thomas > Dillion/Muroney

Not sure they even have a TE

Their OL is average...below average if the refs were allowed to call them for holding.

847494[/snapback]

Hmmm....

I'd take watson over our TE's

Morony over out RB's right now..

.. and unfortunately Brady over JP.. though I second guess myself on this.. I still think without BB Brady is nothing.

Their OL is fine .. gets the job done, i'd take their OL over ours.

So uhmm regarding your post.. :angry:

I'd take watson over our TE's

Morony over out RB's right now..

What exactaly has maroney done that he gets unwarented hype? It's almost as bad as the ronnie brown love fest people had last year. Another back who split carries in college and who wasn't as good as the guy he split carries with. If he can excell as the main guy I'll change my opinion, but as it stands I dont see him as anything special at his position. As far as Ben Watson yeah I'd take him over our te's and any te not named Gates, Gonzalez or Witten. He has amazing speed and great hands. He's gonna be a star if he stays healthy.

What exactaly has maroney done that he gets unwarented hype? It's almost as bad as the ronnie brown love fest people had last year. Another back who split carries in college and who wasn't as good as the guy he split carries with.  If he can excell as the main guy I'll change my opinion, but as it stands I dont see him as anything special at his position.  As far as Ben Watson yeah I'd take him over our te's and any te not named Gates, Gonzalez or Witten. He has amazing speed and great hands.  He's gonna be a star if he stays healthy.

847552[/snapback]

I won't argue. I dunno, just he looks good out there. Its only from watching him play.. nothing else really. Just looks to have "it" when I see him run.

I won't defend the guy though.. hip hip hooray for McGahee and the A-Train

847282[/snapback]

Every year they get fellated by the national media (i.e., ESPN) and every year they fall flat on their faces. Another team the so called "experts" do this with is the Deadskins...same result. Before the season started, I didn't believe that either one of these teams was playoff bound. Yet, everyone from ESPN to the talking heads at Sirius NFL Radio was (and is still) fawning all over them. I never have understood the lovefest for the dullfelons. The last time they even went to the Super Bowl was after the '84 season. Next to Atlanta, Miami is the worst sports market in the country, hands down.