It may be me but it looks like a lot are trying to

so that he can "dominate"

Has Jason Peters even given up a sack this year whether it be RT or LT?

We HAVE a dominating LT on the team right now in Jason Peters....what we SHOULD be looking for is a dominating RT.....

Our running game will truly get going when we can have confidence running behind RG and RT again......

Corp,

I absolutely agree.....

Everyone wants a dominating Left Tackle but the constant talk is that there are only so many in the league, they cost a mint, and they are impossibile to get unless you use a top 1st round draft pick to get one.

The bills are fortunate in this area even thought the overall line play hasn't been good.....we have a bookend LT who we didn't spend a 1st round pick on and is signed to a reasonable contract.....

Right tackles are so much easier to find......our OL is going to look much better next year.....

It may be me but it looks like a lot are trying to, find excuses to move JP back to RT.....

I'm sorry, but I don't see how anyone could think for even one split second that Losman has the body to play RT.

sorry...couldn't be helped

so that he can "dominate"

Has Jason Peters even given up a sack this year whether it be RT or LT?

We HAVE a dominating LT on the team right now in Jason Peters....what we SHOULD be looking for is a dominating RT.....

Our running game will truly get going when we can have confidence running behind RG and RT again......

843780[/snapback]

You are correct. I'd rather see them go for another DT (or LB) with R1 pick (gotta stop the run), then RT (OL in general) with R2 and R3.

I would like to see the bills (provided that their draft pick is high)

- Trade out of the pick for a latter round first and 2nd rounder.....

- Take the best available road grating GUARD with the 1st round pick

- Take the best available DT with one of the 2nds

- Use the other 2nd for either a big physical wideout OR a RT OR a pass catching TE

and then I would also hit those positions AGAIN in free agency

i tihnk hes getting 5 years, 15-18 mil, IIRC. But, still a bargain.

843886[/snapback]

A few things R Man......

1) I have no clue why my man JfH thinks people want to move Peters back to RT.

2) The salary part of the contract matters little. If.....again IF Peters continues to develop at a good pace (a distinct possibility), there is not a way in hell he will not be re-negotiated for a substantial raise at some point. I make the case that to not do so is impossible, especially if he ever gets near the probowl.

The good news is that he is locked up for 5 years!

3) If the Bills don't have to draft a LT (again, there is really little to no other way to get a really good one), other doors will open wide. Other positions which are easier to fill (OG, DT, RT, TE, WR, LB) can be addressed with early picks, and each and every one of these positions is easier to fill.

If this kid can stay healthy and keep getting better, it is all good (providing Marv can resist drafting another slew of dbs).

A few things R Man......

1) I have no clue why my man JfH thinks people want to move Peters back to RT.

2) The salary part of the contract matters little. If.....again IF Peters continues to develop at a good pace (a distinct possibility), there is not a way in hell he will not be re-negotiated for a substantial raise at some point. I make the case that to not do so is impossible, especially if he ever gets near the probowl.

The good news is that he is locked up for 5 years!

3) If the Bills don't have to draft a LT (again, there is really little to no other way to get a really good one), other doors will open wide. Other positions which are easier to fill (OG, DT, RT, TE, WR, LB) can be addressed with early picks, and each and every one of these positions is easier to fill.

If this kid can stay healthy and keep getting better, it is all good (providing Marv can resist drafting another slew of dbs).

843913[/snapback]

Bill....I know it sounds silly but I have heard in on a few boards....I guess the theory being that JP can dominate both sides so if you move him back ot RT then you draft a blue chipper LT and you have bookends....

My response that is we already have a blue chipper LT in hand...what we really need to do is get OL on the right side that pave the way for the run......I cannot believe that we run almost exclusively to the left side right now....