U.S. President $1 Coins

SilverNRed

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Susan B. Anthony, as well as the Sacajawaja (sp?) gold-colored dollar coins were a bust. The problem is the size. Back when half-dollars were common, one could reach into one's pocket and notice that it was larger than a quarter.

Same situation here - small, near-quarter dollar size. Also the fate of the $2 Jefferson bill - no place to stick the two's in the cashbox.

You have to make a dollar coin discernibly larger.

Back when the Susie B. came out, there was commercial opposition because the average till drawer wouldn't accommodate an additional coin. And the vending machine interests didn't want to go to the capital expense of modifying machinery to accommodate a larger coin than the Susie was.

The Susan B. Anthony, as well as the Sacajawaja (sp?) gold-colored dollar coins were a bust.  The problem is the size. Back when half-dollars were common,  one could reach into one's pocket and notice that it was larger than a quarter.

Same situation here - small, near-quarter dollar size.  Also the fate of the $2 Jefferson bill - no place to stick the two's in the cashbox.

Back when the Susie B. came out, there was commercial opposition because the average till drawer wouldn't accommodate an additional coin. And the vending machine interests didn't want to go to the capital expense of modifying machinery to accommodate a larger coin than the Susie was.

844761[/snapback]

So let me get this straight, when you reach into your pocket to grab it you discover it is too small?

I can see where that might be a problem. Good luck with that.

But will the Franklin mint issue commemorative President Franklin plates that may or may not appreciate in value like the lovely Gone With The Wind plates?

846043[/snapback]

I have a President Rhett Butler Commemorative Coin....

I'll hand it to ya, you are something else. I suppose if I said John Adams you would think I was talking about a beer? And, do you eat your 'crayonz' plain or with condiments?

844564[/snapback]

Why do you let it/him/her bother you?

I am surprised the charade has been going this long before dengenerating to his (or whoever they may be (ieatcrayonz) SOP...

Your handle name is pretty suspious though... :);)

:beer::wub:

The Susan B. Anthony, as well as the Sacajawaja (sp?) gold-colored dollar coins were a bust.  The problem is the size. Back when half-dollars were common,  one could reach into one's pocket and notice that it was larger than a quarter.

Same situation here - small, near-quarter dollar size.  Also the fate of the $2 Jefferson bill - no place to stick the two's in the cashbox.

844761[/snapback]

Did you see where a judge just ruled that the current printing of American paper money is discrimatory towards the blind? The have sent it back to the treasury to revamp the bills...

Seems the blind can't reach into their pocket and tell what bill they are using...

True story...

On another note "old-timer"... Do you know how the expession "don't josh me" got started?

No cheating/Googling... :);):beer:

Stop talking about the little blue pill, that sort of discussion isn't allowed here.

844852[/snapback]

Hey... There is a historical tie-in... :ph34r::lol:

Didn't Lincoln take the "little blue pill" for a while?...

Of course back then... They where Hg pills... He reported stopping the things because of the way the mercury made him feel... Good thing historically!!!

:beer::);):wub:

I had a blind friend in collee. He would not fold the $1 bills. The $5s, he would fold a corner. The $10s he would fold in half and the $20s he would fold lengthwise. He would go shopping with sighted people, so the cashiers wouldn't screw him over.

I had a blind friend in collee. He would not fold the $1 bills. The $5s,  he would fold a corner. The $10s he would fold in half and the $20s he would fold lengthwise. He would go shopping with sighted people, so the cashiers wouldn't screw him over.

854001[/snapback]

You know what I do with anything $20 or lower?

I fold them into a paper airplanes and throw them as far as I can. When you have my resources, a $20 bill is not worth the kinetic energey it takes to carry.

I will carry every Pat Buchannan coin Jimmy can find for me though. Good luck Jimmy.

:D

You know what I do with anything $20 or lower? 

I fold them into a paper airplanes and throw them as far as I can.  When you have my resources, a $20 bill is not worth the kinetic energey it takes to carry.

I will carry every Pat Buchannan coin Jimmy can find for me though.  Good luck Jimmy.

:thumbdown:

854140[/snapback]

Your slip is showing...

:thumbsup::P