U.S. President $1 Coins

SilverNRed

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who would you rate best and worst former Presidents? Top three: Best: Washington, Lincoln and FDR

Worst: Nixon, LBJ and Buchannan

843355[/snapback]

:)

I haven't seen you post much but you shouldn't post dumb things on here or people will make fun of you for a long time.

Pat Buchannan might not be your favorite person, but he has never been president and probably never will be. That makes it hard for him to be the worst.

;)

Try again for one of the three worst.

:)

I haven't seen you post much but you shouldn't post dumb things on here or people will make fun of you for a long time. 

Pat Buchannan might not be your favorite person, but he has never been president and probably never will be.  That makes it hard for him to be the worst.

;)

Try again for one of the three worst.

843550[/snapback]

True. There are much worse Presidents like Hoover, or Novak.

Cool.

If it's wrong to be excited about this, then I don't want to be right.

The best part about this program is that in 10 years Americans might be able to name more than 10 former Presidents.

843325[/snapback]

I don't see the point. Who's going to want coins other than collectors? Seems like a waste of time. You can put them into circulation, but who they hell wants to carry them around? In fact, after a bit of digging on the site, they passed a law REQUIRING all government facilities and anyone who receives government money to put in vending machines that will use the things ( Removal of Barriers: Obligations of Certain Agencies, Businesses and Transit Systems).

By January 1, 2008, all Federal agencies and instrumentalities (including certain non-appropriated fund instrumentalities), entities that operate any business on Federal property, the United States Postal Service, and certain transit systems are required to take appropriate actions to ensure that all of their business operations involving coins or currency will be fully capable of accepting and dispensing $1 coins, and that they display signs and notices denoting such capability on the premises. See 31 U.S.C. § 5112(p)(1).

Covered by this law are:

• All agencies and instrumentalities of the United States, including the legislative and judicial branches of the Federal Government.
  • The United States Postal Service.
  • All non-appropriated fund instrumentalities, such as military exchanges and morale, welfare, and recreation facilities established under Title 10 of the United States Code regarding the Armed Forces.
  • All transit systems that receive operational subsidies or any disbursement of funds from the Federal Government, such as funds from the Federal Highway Trust Fund (including the Mass Transit Account).
  • All entities that operate any business, including vending machines, on any premises owned by the United States or under the control of any Federal agency or instrumentality.

That's totally mental. What's that going to cost?

Here's the pdf of the law : Presidential coin act of 2005

Looks like they're also going to crank out $50 gold bullion "Buffalo" coins, and for some insane reason we're minting pennies again. Why in god's name are we minting pennies in 2006? Why?

I was in an outstanding mood because of the victory over the hated Texans, but these damn coins are bringing me down. I hate them already, and they haven't even been minted yet.

True. There are much worse Presidents like Hoover, or Novak.

843564[/snapback]

It is getting really funny. I probably sohuld have kept it on this board but he is arguing about it on the Off the Wall board because I called him out. He said he didn't mean Pat Buchannan and now he is resorting to putting up Peter Pan links.

;):)

It is getting really funny.  I probably sohuld have kept it on this board but he is arguing about it on the Off the Wall board because I called him out.  He said he didn't mean Pat Buchannan and now he is resorting to putting up Peter Pan links. 

;)  :)

843613[/snapback]

whatever dummy

James Buchanan (April 23, 1791 – June 1, 1868) was the 15th president of the United States (1857–1861). He was the only bachelor president and the only resident of Pennsylvania to hold the office of President. He has been criticized for failing to prevent the country from sliding into the American Civil War. On Buchanan's final day as president, he remarked to the incoming Abraham Lincoln, "If you are as happy entering the presidency as I am in leaving it, then you are truly a happy man."

whatever dummy

James Buchanan (April 23, 1791 – June 1, 1868) was the 15th president of the United States (1857–1861). He was the only bachelor president and the only resident of Pennsylvania to hold the office of President. He has been criticized for failing to prevent the country from sliding into the American Civil War. On Buchanan's final day as president, he remarked to the incoming Abraham Lincoln, "If you are as happy entering the presidency as I am in leaving it, then you are truly a happy man."

843655[/snapback]

Dave Chappelle's skit about him is great. "I'm James Buchanan, B word!"

whatever dummy

843655[/snapback]

Where have a read that before? Oh yeah.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Buchanan