If we are in the top 5 picks next year....

ans4e64

Here it is, there are many different positions that will have good players in the top 5 next year, so if we are picking there which one of these players would you like to see us pick?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Here it is, there are many different positions that will have good players in the top 5 next year, so if we are picking there which one of these players would you like to see us pick?

• WR Calvin Johnson
    • OT Joe Thomas
    • RB William Peterson
    • QB Brady Quinn

Tough choices here. Obviously a QB and OL will be in the highest demand, but sometimes the abilities of guys like Calvin Jonhson and Adrian Peterson can make you wonder what our offense would be like with them in it.

So.... who do you take?

Crap..... Adrian Peterson in the poll... sorry guys.

Tough choices here. Obviously a QB and OL will be in the highest demand, but sometimes the abilities of guys like Calvin Jonhson and Adrian Peterson can make you wonder what our offense would be like with them in it.

So.... who do you take?

Crap..... Adrian Peterson in the poll... sorry guys.

837057[/snapback]

Unless you have a Reggie Bush or a Bruce Smith I think it is very foolish to pick in the top 5. Better off trading down for more picks.

If I have a top 5 pick, I'd trade down a bit and get Paul Poluszny LB Penn State and another 2nd-3rd Rounder. London Fletcher isn't going to be our top tackler for long. I'd pick up our replacements for Villy and Gandy in RD#2: Our regular 2nd Rounder will be Ben Grubbs, OG, Auburn. Our second RD2 pick will be Barry Richardson, OT, Clemson.

Take a mental note here Bills fans.... If the Bills have a shot at Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson, HE IS THE PICK!! Personally, I believe that he will skyrocket quite like the meteoric rise that Mario Williams achieved last year. Gaines Adams is Williams ALL OVER AGAIN! He is a player who will demand double teams ala Julius Peppers. He is in this class of player, IMO!

I guess this is a "write in" pick!

Take a mental note here Bills fans.... If the Bills have a shot at Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson, HE IS THE PICK!! Personally, I believe that he will skyrocket quite like the meteoric rise that Mario Williams achieved last year. Gaines Adams is Williams ALL OVER AGAIN! He is a player who will demand double teams ala Julius Peppers. He is in this class of player, IMO!

I guess this is a "write in" pick!

837268[/snapback]

I agree 100%

Unless you have a Reggie Bush or  a Bruce Smith I think it is very foolish to pick in the top 5. Better off trading down for more picks.

837068[/snapback]

absolutely, trade a top five for another 1st round and a decent 2nd round

Top five players are such a risk, the most expensive risk in football.

Look at how Bush and Williams are performing this year. Nothing spectacular when both were touted as making immediate impacts on their team

The only time super mario is ever mentioned is when he's injured

trading out of the top 5 isnt as easy as it used to be, you need a team to trade with and most teams dont want to move up into the top 5 for the same reasons teams would like to trade out of the top 5

its not as easy as some people think, great if they could do it but difficult

This is tough to answer because the draft comes after free agency.

If the Bills bowl over Steinbach with 40 or 50 million dollars and sign him, I might actually want Johnson. You know why?

Because a couple of posters who I consider to be literal football experts told me (at RWS) that he is actually more talented than Michael Westbrook was coming out of college. That my friends, is as much talent as I have ever seen.

If they DON'T sign Steinbach, I hope they go after OL, be it an OG or OT in round 1, under almost any conditions.

trading out of the top 5 isnt as easy as it used to be, you need a team to trade with and most teams dont want to move up into the top 5 for the same reasons teams would like to trade out of the top 5

its not as easy as some people think, great if they could do it but difficult

838292[/snapback]

I really think that the price of trading up is about to increase.

The cap went way up this year with the new CBA, and is expected to do so again in 07. I think that there will be less quality UFAs, and teams will be forced to look more to the draft to plug holes.

Remember, we had many chances (according to Marv on Sirius) to do this in April, but he seemed to desperately want Whitner, come hell or high water. :lol:

absolutely, trade a top five for another 1st round and a decent 2nd round

Top five players are such a risk, the most expensive risk in football.

Look at how Bush and Williams are performing this year.  Nothing spectacular when both were touted as making immediate impacts on their team

The only time super mario is ever mentioned is when he's injured

838268[/snapback]

If you are going to take a QB in the 1st.....top 5 is the place to do it. QBs taken after the top 5 spots tend to be as hit & miss as 2nd or 3rd rounders(more miss actually).

If we are going to get an OT, I'd be very happy to stay wherever we are in the draft & get the best(available). Recent years have been the aberation with Gallery, Williams & Davis not panning out but history shows that if you want a HOF style OT, you pretty much have to select them very early in the first round.

Going backwards through top 8 picks from 2000-93

#3 Samuels(2 probowls)

#7 Turley

#1 Pace(7 probowls)

#6 Jones(5 probowls)

#4 Ogden(9 probowls)

#2 Boselli(5 probowls)

#8 Roaf(11 probowls)

Have there been any HOF type OTs in the last 15 years or so that were not at least drafted in the 1st....if not high in the 1st?

If you are going to take a QB in the 1st.....top 5 is the place to do it.  QBs taken after the top 5 spots tend to be as hit & miss as 2nd or 3rd rounders(more miss actually).

If we are going to get an OT, I'd be very happy to stay wherever we are in the draft & get the best(available).  Recent years have been the aberation with Gallery, Williams & Davis not panning out but history shows that if you want a HOF style OT, you pretty much have to select them very early in the first round.

Going backwards through top 8 picks from 2000-93

#3 Samuels(2 probowls)

#7 Turley

#1 Pace(7 probowls)

#6 Jones(5 probowls)

#4 Ogden(9 probowls)

#2 Boselli(5 probowls)

#8 Roaf(11 probowls)

Have there been any HOF type OTs in the last 15 years or so that were not at least drafted in the 1st....if not high in the 1st?

838309[/snapback]

Did somebody steal your password? :D:P

Preach on Brother!!! :lol::D

This is tough to answer because the draft comes after free agency.

If the Bills bowl over Steinbach with 40 or 50 million dollars and sign him, I might actually want Johnson. You know why?

Because a couple of posters who I consider to be literal football experts told me (at RWS) that he is actually more talented than Michael Westbrook was coming out of college. That my friends, is as much talent as I have ever seen.

If they DON'T sign Steinbach, I hope they go after OL, be it an OG or OT in round 1, under almost any conditions.

838300[/snapback]

I'm no football expert, but Calvin Johnson really IS that good. 6'5 230lbs. I'm watched him tear up the ACC down here. He can literally just box out any defender covering him. It'd be nice ot have a huge physical presence opposite evans.

I'm no football expert, but Calvin Johnson really IS that good. 6'5 230lbs. I'm watched him tear up the ACC down here. He can literally just box out any defender covering him. It'd be nice ot have a huge physical presence opposite evans.

838751[/snapback]

Yo Ramius, I have only seen him in the ND game and parts of two others. Besides ND, he didn't look all that great and his numbers seem good, but not mind boggling. Like for instance, is he much better than Samardzija?

Is it their QB? (wasn't very impressed and have heard bad things).

Yo Ramius, I have only seen him in the ND game and parts of two others.  Besides ND, he didn't look all that great and his numbers seem good, but not mind boggling.  Like for instance, is he much better than Samardzija?

Is it their QB? (wasn't very impressed and have heard bad things).

838799[/snapback]

Well, with all WR's, a lot depends on the QB getting him the ball. Reggie Ball is still very inconsistent. I think thats a large problem with him numbers being lower than expected. For example, reggie ball is completing roughly 47% of his passes, with 17 TD's, but also 9 INT's.

As with the 2nd half of the N.D. game, they sometimes fail to get him the ball. But talent-wise, he's really good. I remember the clemson game, where calvin johnson didnt get a catch, and they were going on about how clemson was able to keep him under wraps a bit, but more importantly, the jackets had been competely incapable of getting johnson the ball.

Right now, CJ has 52-808-11, with a lot of big games, and a lot of small games. But look at reggie ball - 113-240, 1527 yds, 17 TD, 9 int

Now look at Samardzija, who has 55-792-11, all the while he's got brady Quinn tossing him the ball, and quinn is 276-478, 3343 yds, 29 TD's, 4 ints

Basically the 2 WR's have identical numbers, while JS's qb has tossed 150 more completions, 1800 more yards, and 12 more TD's. If Quinn was throwing to Johnson, CJ's numbers would be astronomical.

Now i'm not saying samardzija isnt good, i think he could be a solid big target for any QB. But Calvin Johnson is tops, really is THAT good, and i'd be shocked if he fell out fo the top 3 come draft day.