Fool me once, shame on you

Albany,n.y.

When Rob Johnson was here I was making excuses for him just like the Losman supporters are making for him now. It's the same stuff all over again!

Give him time, you can't give up on a QB after only XX games!

He can learn not to hold onto the ball too long.

Just because he's from SoCal, doesn't mean he can't play in Buffalo

He tries so hard.

He's a nice guy.

The other guys have no long term future with the Bills.

He needs a better Offensive Line.

The only difference is JP doesn't let us out of our misery like Rob did, because he's more durable.

We won't be fooled again.

When Rob Johnson was here I was making excuses for him just like the Losman supporters are making for him now.  It's the same stuff all over again!

He tries so hard.

He's a nice guy.

The only difference is JP doesn't let us out of our misery like Rob did, because he's more durable.

836970[/snapback]

With RJ we went from winning and being at the point where we could have moved forward by transitioning a new QB..... to choosing RJ to blow a plaoff game and then screwing up the next 3-4 years (including falling for the Bledsoe fiasco, which only took Dallas 21 games to figure out).

When Rob Johnson was here I was making excuses for him just like the Losman supporters are making for him now.  It's the same stuff all over again!

He tries so hard.

He's a nice guy.

836970[/snapback]

It would be interesting to see where the JP supporters were on that debate. I know where I was. I was supporting Rob Johnson for some reasons that you mention and I see history repeating itself this time around.

I think I have learned from my mistakes.

He tries so hard.

He's a nice guy.

836970[/snapback]

Rob actually put up good numbers and won some games.

It would be interesting to see where the JP supporters were on that debate. I know where I was. I was supporting Rob Johnson for some reasons that you mention and I see history repeating itself this time around.

837034[/snapback]

I was on the Flutie side. Here I just want to see the season played out with JP either falling flat on his face so we can move forward or we see a future. 13 passes and no attempt at even trying to do anything is driving me batty....

With RJ we went from winning and being at the point where we could have moved forward by transitioning a new QB..... to choosing RJ to blow a plaoff game and then screwing up the next 3-4 years (including falling for the Bledsoe fiasco, which only took Dallas 21 games to figure out).

836981[/snapback]

RJ did not lose that playoff game, we had the lead until special teams screwed up by not staying in their lanes.

criticize RJ all you want, but he left half of his innards and both balls on the field that game. I'll always respect him for what he did that day in Tennessee.

RJ did not lose that playoff game, we had the lead until special teams screwed up by not staying in their lanes.

837063[/snapback]

And screwing around with a squib kick. Never agreed with trying something at the end of a game that you hardly ever do.

I supported RJ when he was in there and Flutie. I don't think you necessarily had to choose sides.

I will support JP as long as he is the Bills QB but it is apparent to me that even with a decent Oline, he is not very good. I've listed my reasons in numerous other posts. Just like i said about RJ...if Losman jumps to another team would you guys ever fear playing him?!? He looks like he has all the tools to be a career 2nd or 3rd string QB in the NFL....but not as a bonifide starter.

I'm for seeing what JP can do with a competent line in front of him

I prefered RJ over Flutie just because I hated Flutie (still do) and saw no future with him at QB. RJ was never a good QB because he could never stay on the field long enough to be able to learn the game. He was always hurt because he would take a hit. If he could stay healthy for a season he may have been able to atleast be a competent QB (not a great one, just good enough to start). He had the talent, just didn't have the ability to stay on the field to show it.

I'm for seeing what JP can do with a competent line in front of him

I prefered RJ over Flutie just because I hated Flutie (still do) and saw no future with him at QB. RJ was never a good QB because he could never stay on the field long enough to be able to learn the game. He was always hurt because he would take a hit. If he could stay healthy for a season he may have been able to atleast be a competent QB (not a great one, just good enough to start). He had the talent, just didn't have the ability to stay on the field to show it.

837743[/snapback]

Have fun waiting for at least two more years. It has become very apparent that very few teams have GOOD offensive lines. Teams like the Bills who have ONE solid starter are eons away. Good QBs will show signs of improvement and use what they have

I am just bewildered why RJ is always brought up in these threads. Last I checked he is not on the bills payroll, nor any other teams for that matter. Hashing over, rehashing over if this, should have this, would have that, and anything else, seems like a waste of time to me. :lol:

I always love the comparisons of one QB to another..........Its like comparing apples to oranges...........unless they are playing for the same team, at the same time with the same team mates. Players in this day an age rotate from team to team......especially over a extended time span. If I look around the successful QB are surrounded by tallent. None of them do it on thier own........

Just think about it, when you hear these names, whom do you think of?

D. Marino, J. Kelly, J. Montana. J. Elway, S. Young, B Farve, T. Aikman and the list can go on and on........... They all have one thing in common........it is called a supporting cast of "team mates."

I am just bewildered why RJ is always brought up in these threads.  Last I checked he is not on the bills payroll, nor any other teams for that matter.  Hashing over, rehashing over if this, should have this, would have that, and anything else, seems like a waste of time to me. :lol:

837751[/snapback]

It's because the same excuses that were made why the Bills should stick with Rob Johnson are now being made for JP Losman. Dig up the old RJ posts from the late 90s/early 00s and its the same s**t, different QB.

Have fun waiting for at least two more years. It has become very apparent that very few teams have GOOD offensive lines. Teams like the Bills who have ONE solid starter are eons away. Good QBs will show signs of improvement and use what they have

837749[/snapback]

He didn't say GOOD, he said competent. Lets hope Marv can give us 1 or 2 decent free agents and a high pick (or two?) this offseason to at least get this line to the point that its competent. Because right now, I don't even feel like we can adequately judge JP's abilities. If JP gets behind a halfway-decent line and still looks like Billy Joe Hobert, then we move on.

837034[/snapback]

I wanted RJ more than Flutie for the reasons of age and his incredible physical ability (better than JP's). Once I watched him get hurt over and over again, not have the vision on the field to think fast enough I never defended him.

I was a big Losman supporter until I realized his head can't process the info fast enough. He just can't do it. The mental aspects of the game can be worked on to a point, but there is some mental recognition that is just innate. I don't think he can become successful at all. A so-so back-up at best.

He tries so hard.

He's a nice guy.

836970[/snapback]

That may be catchy and unless you have a QB like Brady or Manning you can ALWAYS do better, so you can't be wrong. But just how many times are we going to have an offensive line full of incompetence and not fix it? That's a problem that should have been fixed at various times over the last 13 years, and yet every offseason management outsmarts themsevles and hones in on a new solution.